PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1999 JAGUAR XJ8L "MINT" CONDITION!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1999 JAGUAR XJ8L "MINT" CONDITION!!

Try posting a few more times before trying to sell stuff....man people these days...

Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  7.4 KB

Wow.....what a stunning looking example Gerry......absolutely gorgeous.
One small point that made me cringe for such a nice example was the balance weights on theoutside of the rims[&:]
I am sure you will have no problem in selling your vehicle ( obviously loved from day one )
Thanks for posting here and giving one of our members the chance to own such a beautifully kept ride.

Jim

Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with Quil, in that it's disrespectful to join a forum only to sell something. If you're going to do so, at least make it an incredible deal. $12,250 isn't bad, but I'd be skeptical to buy a car with the Nikasil issue. Eventually that engine will go and then you're stuck with a worthless shell.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 163

Hi Miata.........Do not resign from this forum or remove your car for sale as thats exactly what the section is there for in the first place. It benefits owners like yourself that want to sell a well maintained and much loved example of a car that some members may wish to buy. It offers a medium that both prospective buyer and seller can meet, make contact and hopefully conclude a deal thats suitable for both parties.
Hopefully, you'll get involved a whole lot more and exchange info with other members as time goes by.
My fellow mods should know better than to have a go at new members for such petty reasons.
In their defence we do suffer from a lot of new members that may only post once or twice to get some help and then disappear.....that however, is our problem not yours.
Hopefully Miata you'll vindicate yourself as well as me by sticking around and becoming an invaluable member in time to come.

Jim

Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 79

Cool Miata.....hopefully its all good then.
Any joy with the car as yet? Have you tried any other forums or any other methods of sale?

Jim

Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 58

Wow.....68 Gerry and still fanatical about cars.........I hope I am at that age mate ( If I make it )
Just bear with us Gerry as we are quite a young site ( age wise ) and young in our attitude and opinions. We do love to mess around and have a laugh as well as hopefully sharing useful hints n tips, posting useful links and pieces of info too.
Pretty much you'll get it all here
Have you posted in the XJ section yet ot checked out any of the topics Gerry? You might find sumthin useful or I suspect may be able to offer some useful hints or tips as you've owned yours for so long!

Jim

Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 66

Cool Gerry...........If you have any more why not post it into the mug shot thread located in the off topic section so others can see you, as well as youseeing other members there too. Sorta just gives you an idea of who you are relating to on the forum. Its a bit of fun really but you should check it out.....lol

Jim

Old 08-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just so you know miata, it will be pretty hard to sell your car on this forum, as everyone on here already owns a Jag basically.

And to the comment you made earlier about long lived 1999 xj8s, there's no such thing as a long lived xj8. the oldest xj8 you can find is just turning 10, and a 99 is only 8 years old. Pretty new cars if you ask me...but I'm sure you won;'t have much trouble selling, your car looks great and should last a few more years. However, 12,250 may be a little high, maybe not tho.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Soapbox...hmmm thats pretty funny! Good luck! By the way I normally welcome everyone and anyone...I've backed up many people on here that have joined and made quite obsurd first posts but one thing I do not take a liking to is people who come on here and post, and the first thing they post is something for sale!!! I am a person that likes to give new people a chance and I don't like it when people bash new people! On the other hand it is a whole different subject when the first thing someone posts is something for sale! Unfortunately with typing someone cannot tell sarcasm...which there was sarcasm. Also every new member that comes on here and says I've known jag for years I'm this I'm that and than say I'll be coming back to post after the problem or sale of his/her car DOES NOT COME BACK! This frustrates me because I want this site to grow and I want to help out more and more people! I challenge you to do just what you said you will do...COME BACK! By all means don't leave! I don't want anyone to leave but I do want people to respect the forum. Try posting a few times answer some questions and than post that is all I am saying. Earn respect and the thought in other peers heads that you are legitimate and aren't just posting to sell something and rip someone off and move on to the next forum. This is all I am saying! Chances are you may have already sold the product. I know I never trust anyone that freshly joins this forum trying to sell something! You've been on this forum for almost a month now and you have 8 posts! Catch my drift?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get confused Aquill.
He comes on here, asks how to fix his broken WIndshielf Wiper switch, then 20 minutes later put his "Mint condition" car for sale, mentioning nowhere in the for sale ad that the windshield wiper doesnt stop running until u repidedy turn the car on and off, and that it needs a new relay.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

LMAO! I just noticed that. What a fraud!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Good find 93!!! I feel like a whole lot better now for sure!!! What do you think about that whole situation 93??? Must have gotten it fixed...good poster let everyone know that his car was fixed...that was after all a month ago! LMAO....man this gets better and better!

Quick Reply: 1999 JAGUAR XJ8L "MINT" CONDITION!!