PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[WTB] 1999 XJ8 Vanden Plas Hub Caps

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1999 XJ8 Vanden Plas Hub Caps

I lost 3 of my hub caps after the mechanic incorrectly replaced them. How can a mechanic be so incompetent? Of course, the manager says that it must be MY fault. He claims that the mechanic is certified so it is IMPOSSIBLE that he could have replaced them incorrectly. I'm going to take them to small claims court. If I win, I will publish the name of the garage and the mechanic so everyone else can avoid them. Just a hint...it is a nationwide Canadian company that is known for selling tires (along with thousands of other items). They are in Bedford, Nova Scotia.

So, I need to buy 3 hub caps to fit my 1999 XJ8. The one I have left is the silver sparkle style. The colour of the center caps is not really important. I can always replace those quite cheaply. Silver or black would be nice though.

Thanks everyone...

Old 05-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Hubcap... or alien frisbee? You decide...

Imanonamas,

These are still available from Welsh Enterprises. Have no relationship with Welsh, other than as customer. For lots of stuff, including these. They are not cheap, but appear to be Jag NOS (New Old Stock) and will fit properly.

I understand how they get lost. It starts during removal, if not loosened carefully the retention springs get sprung, won't grip. So it feels as though it's back on OK, but will eventually fly off.

(Double-sided sticky insulated air conditioning line wrap tape can be cut into short pieces and used between wheel and hubcap to assist retention. Is waterproof, eliminates rattles)

Welsh part # MNC6240CA

I know others sell Jag hubcaps, but only have experience with caps from this vendor.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:32 PM
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Oops

MODERATOR's

Just caught what I did. Doesn't belong here. Please remove. Thanks