PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

2003 Jaguar XJR R1 Silver/black, $8999 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2003 Jaguar XJR R1 Silver/black, $8999 OBO

Hey guys,

It's been a fun ride but I'm getting a new car, so the time has come to sell the XJR. I've done a heck of a lot of preventative maintenance and replacement so this one's a great choice for a commuter or casual fun car. Details listed below.

The last of a legend: this is a 2003 Jaguar XJR - the last year for the classic William Lyons Jaguars, and an excellent example in the classic silver and black color scheme with the highly desirable 'S' option, which includes the factory Jaguar BBS wheels and Brembo brakes, for increased performance and sharp looks.

Name:  DSC_0384-1.jpg
Views: 3387
Size:  305.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0362-1.jpg
Views: 4177
Size:  287.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0386-1.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  256.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0361-1.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  240.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0368-1.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  240.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0396-1.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  220.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0395-1.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  234.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0394-1.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  225.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0391-1.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  186.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0409-1.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  244.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0403-1.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  240.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0399-1.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  205.4 KB

If you're in the market for these cars, you should know that the 2003 model year incorporated factory fixes for all of the major issues that plague previous years of these cars, making the 2003 the rarest and best example of this car to own. This particular car was a Jaguar Certified (Select Edition) car before I purchased it, meaning that all parts that weren't perfect were replaced by the dealer at the time of certification. Over the past 50,000 miles of my ownership I have performed exhaustive and painstaking preventative maintenance, addressing all of the areas known to go wrong as miles increase. The car is driven regularly and currently has 123,000 miles.

A short list includes:
Complete replacement of every wearing component of the suspension, including every bushing, isolator, control arm, ball joint, and all four shock absorbers, with factory Jaguar parts, completed with an alignment to factory specs. This car drives exactly as it did when it left the factory - refined, yet completely fun and willing to play. Few owners will go through this expense, so most cars you will see out there just don't drive right.<br>
Valve cover gaskets refreshed
Brand new alternator and battery
Brand new engine mounts
Brand new radiator hoses
Brand new fuel pump
Brand new factory windshield (no rock chips!)
Tires new within a few thousand miles (high performance Michelin Pilot Sports)
All interior light bulbs and backlighting replaced and functioning perfectly
Wood is in fantastic condition (because the car rarely sits out) - most cars of this age will have white or yellow faded wood

The car has numerous upgrades which make it even better: high quality Xenon headlamps and LED front indicators (outstanding nighttime visibility and improved looks), high quality Motorola Bluetooth unit directly wired and integrated into the factory stereo (slick!), polished aluminum Jaguar pedal covers (better pedal grip), tinted windows, H&R spacers for the rear wheels (improve the stance of the car from the back), lower mesh grille to complement the upper mesh grille.

This car was my daily commuter and served me exceptionally well. The car has 123,000 miles (highway miles, of course), so it has the usual minor creaks and rattles in the interior, and numerous paint imperfections which can be seen in the photos. Additionally, the fuel gauge operates intermittently (I have a feeling it is a loose connection somewhere, but I just use the trip odometer so it doesn't bother me), and eventually the front brake rotors will need to be replaced (can provide a cheap source for this). However, the car needs nothing to serve as reliable executive commuter or an inexpensive 'special occasion' car. All of the systems and options work perfectly (air conditioning, power windows/locks, stereo, seat heaters, parking radar, automatic wipers) I get compliments everywhere I go and most are shocked to learn how old the car is. I am a perfectionist and an engineer so I have maintained the car diligently, having changed the oil with Mobil 1 Synthetic every 6,000 miles since owning it.

Car is based in Los Angeles and is driven daily. There are few cars that combine the power, refinement, and playfulness of an XJR - I will miss it, but you will love it.

E-mail is the best way to contact me. Please don't hesitate with any questions. granturismov12@gmail.com