PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[UnitedKingdom]: 2003 X Type 3.0 V6 - £1300

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 X Type 3.0 V6 - £1300

Hello, for sale is my Jaguar X Type. This car is in great condition.

- It has full Jaguar service history (apart from the last one, which was at a normal garage). It has always been serviced on time.

- The body work is in great condition. There are a couple of small dings as with most cars of this age.

- Mechanically, this car is absolutely fantastic. No leaks or strange noises from the engine. It pulls strong and the automatic gearbox is smooth and works very well. No suspect smoke from the exhaust. The suspension feels smooth yet solid.

- All the electronics work fine

- These cars are known to have issues with the transfer boxes - not this one. There are no noises or any juddering from it.

- The interior is in fantastic condition, the only thing wrong with it off the top of my head is that the plastic air vent cover by the front windscreen is a bit loose and can rattle a little slightly. It just needs to be glued back down.

- Plenty of tread left on the tyres on the matching premium tyres

- MOT until 30/10/2017

- This is the 3.0 litre V6 which are getting a bit rare. It has noticeably more power than the 2.5 litre yet returns practically identical MPG.

- I live in Ascot, Berkshire

Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Default 2003 X Type 3.0 V6 - **PRICE DROP - £1100**

PRICE DROP TO £1100

Hello, for sale is my Jaguar X Type. This car is in great condition.

- It has full Jaguar service history (apart from the last one, which was at a normal garage). It has always been serviced on time.

- The body work is in great condition. There are a couple of small dings as with most cars of this age.

- Mechanically, this car is absolutely fantastic. No leaks or strange noises from the engine. It pulls strong and the automatic gearbox is smooth and works very well. No suspect smoke from the exhaust. The suspension feels smooth yet solid.

- All the electronics work fine

- These cars are known to have issues with the transfer boxes - not this one. There are no noises or any juddering from it.

- The interior is in fantastic condition, the only thing wrong with it off the top of my head is that the plastic air vent cover by the front windscreen is a bit loose and can rattle a little slightly. It just needs to be glued back down.

- Plenty of tread left on the tyres on the matching premium tyres

- MOT until 30/10/2017

- This is the 3.0 litre V6 which are getting a bit rare. It has noticeably more power than the 2.5 litre yet returns practically identical MPG.

- I live in Ascot, Berkshire[/QUOTE]

Old 04-13-2017, 12:55 AM

Does anyone have any advice for selling for selling cars like this? I've had it up on a number of websites for a couple of weeks now and I've got almost no interest.

Is 1,200 quid or so too much? It might be a little over book value but it's in great condition - do people not care that it's in good condition and that there's nothing wrong with it? It was the opposite with almost every x Type I looked at before buying this one. Or do thirsty old V6's just take a while to sell?

Old 04-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Richamgblack,

It's a Jaguar, I too have had an ad here and everywhere for my Daimler. You just have to wait for someone who wants one. I wish I lived over there if that's the price, way cheaper than here in Aus. Or, maybe too cheap? maybe scaring away buyer looking for one in pristine condition.

Just sold mine today after a few months of advertising...

Good luck with it though,

Ron