PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

2004 XJR 79k - Immaculate $14,200 - NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts
Default 2004 XJR 79k - Immaculate $14,200 - NJ

Hey Guys,

A lot of you guys know me well on these forums. First thing to be said as some of you know is I have a dealer license, and this car is indeed titled in my dealership, but those that know me know that this is my personal XJR.

I spent a LONG time looking for the right car. I wanted a dark colored car. My ideal combination was black on black which is what I eventually found. I wanted a car with NO accidents or prior paintwork, which excludes 85% of the XJR's in the used car market, I wanted a car that wasn't molested or ghettofied. Take another 5% of the cars out there off the list. Finally I found it.

I've had the car since January, and I've had my fun with it - I personally put 2400 miles on the car, and it's time for it to find a good home at an unbelievable price. I am selling the car for $300 over what I expect it to bring at the dealer auction. I could easily ask $16k, and the car is worth every penny of that, but $14,200 is the bottom line. I'd rather pass it on to an enthusiast than a used car dealer who will put it on the lot for $16995. With that being said I will come flat out and say I am simply NOT negotiable on price. I know what the car is worth, and the condition it is in. If you would like more information on the car please feel free to contact me, If you want to offer me less, please continue your search elsewhere. I can be reached by PM on the forum or on my cell at (609) 789 8557.

The car is a 2004 XJR. Black / Black. 79k.
One owner (besides my company), CLEAN carfax / autocheck - I can fax you both from when I bought it.

NO Accidents or paintwork, period. Leather shows almost NO wear.

Runs and drives 100% New. No check engine lights, leaks, vibrations, anything, it's as close to perfect as a used car can be mechanically.

The car is fully loaded, as are most R's.

Front and Rear heated leather recaros with R badging in front.
Brembo brakes
Navigation and 6 Disc Cd Changer With alpine stereo.
Adaptive radar cruise control
Power Everything
Rear Sunshade
19" R Specific Wheels.

The car has the following aftermarket add ons:

Motorola T61 Bluetooth kit. - Only setup for hands free calling at the moment. No holes drilled in car to install it.

K40 hidden front and rear radar / laser detection. This is a really slick install with the leds in the shifter surround. - This was about 2k installed.

During my ownership I have done the following:

Replaced Coolant Recovery tank - there was a slight leak at the small nipple.

Replaced D2S HID bulbs with 6k bulbs. - One bulb was intermittently flickering.

Replaced Both front Air struts with arnott rebuilt units 50 miles ago, I made sure I got the XJR Sport struts. Only the passenger front strut failed, but I replaced both.

Replaced rear tires with Brand new Falken fk452's. Front tires are pirelli's with 60% tread.

I also had one rim professionally straightened due to an inner lip bend. It is being used as the spare, but it rides straight and true.

All the weak links on the X350 platform have been addressed. This car is good to go.

Now, no used car is perfect, not even mine. So here is an analytical list of the flaws.

There are a few slight scratches on the front bumper where the front license plate bracket goes. Also there are holes drilled for the bracket. I have the bracket in the trunk and it goes with the car. If you live in a front plate state, this is a non issue.

There are a few slight scratches on the rear bumper cover, and one on the passenger rear quarter panel behind the fuel filler door.

The windsheild has a chip / star in it that has been epoxied / sealed by safelite.

The floor mats are aftermarket.

I have 3 keys, two remotes and one valet. Books etc. I also have clean title in hand. If you are an NJ resident I have to charge you the sales tax, but you will get credit when you go to register the car at DMV. If you are out of state, no taxes are due to me. I can provide a Temporary Transit plate for $30. I need a copy of your license and insurance for a temp tag.

So now that all that has been said, Here are pics of the car:

Windsheild chip:

All these pics are taken with my 18.1 Megapixel DSLR. As such every spec of dust shows. If anyone wants any of the images in full resolution, I'd be glad to put them on my server for you.

Take care,

George

Old 08-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks like a nice car at a great price

Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  19.3 KB

Sorry to pollute your thread George, just wanted to say what a beautiful example and I'm sure you'll get every penny of what you're asking.

Hopefully it's picked up by an enthusiast somewhere, preferably here.....lol

Good luck with the sale

Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for one of these (seriously looking). I have a couple questions: What are the specs on the trunk lid (second from last pic)? Are those scratches or towell dust? Also, is the windshield pitted a little (around where the chip is?). Lastly, what are those little round things stuck on the center console below the J-gate?

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by atknudsen
I'm in the market for one of these (seriously looking). I have a couple questions: What are the specs on the trunk lid (second from last pic)? Are those scratches or towell dust? Also, is the windshield pitted a little (around where the chip is?). Lastly, what are those little round things stuck on the center console below the J-gate?

Thanks!
A) those are water spots. The car hasn't been detailed yet. It was actually just hand washed a couple days before the photos. I still drive the car, it's not a museum piece.

B) That's the power and alert led's for the built in K40 radar / laser detector. Car has a K40 - 2000P system built in. It cost $1800.

C) There are a few slight pits but nothing visible under normal conditions. Don't forget this was an 18.1mp dslr with the lens 4" from the Windshield.

If you have any more questions or want to discuss the car feel free to give me a call or PM me.

Take care,

George

Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Beautiful car, George. Best of luck with the sale.

I'm good with my X300 VDP at 115k mi for now....maybe you could hold onto it another 10 yrs or so and I'll be ready for a replacement?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by aholbro1
Beautiful car, George. Best of luck with the sale.

I'm good with my X300 VDP at 115k mi for now....maybe you could hold onto it another 10 yrs or so and I'll be ready for a replacement?

The X300's are great cars. Especially once you get the bugs worked out of them. I've bought and sold several. For the money, they are hard to beat in terms of value, as long as you find a well maintained example.

You know, I drove the car to work yesterday, and I'm kind of torn about selling it, I just have too many cars, and honestly, too much money tied up in them. The car just has phenomenal performance. Plus at least in my humble option the x350s car signify the end of an era for Jaguar. The last of the real Jags....

Sure the XF and the new XJ are nice cars, but they Just dont look / feel like Jags to me. If they said Nissan, Audi, or Huyndai (gasp) on the trunk I wouldn't doubt it. I bet you if you debadged the car and showed a random sampling of people and asked them what kind of car it was, most wouldn't know. You show someone an x300 or an x350 and they immediately know what it is.... I actually really like the new XK, I will have one of them in the collection one day. I have a 99 Xk8 - actually one done completely by Arden, which I'm just keeping. It sits under a cover in my garage 95 percent of the time.

Take care,

George

Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Arden, my middle name, really.

If you could replace the black insides, I'd send a cheque for it.

Anyone wanna trade for tan interiors?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jeffn
Arden, my middle name, really.

If you could replace the black insides, I'd send a cheque for it.

Anyone wanna trade for tan interiors?

You have to get a white XJR for that. They didn't offer Black with tan I don't believe. At least I've never SEEN one. I know where there are two white on tan (oatmeal) cars I can get wholesale if you really want one.

Take care,

George

Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Car is tentatively sold. Just took a deposit from forum member "Plateou"

Thanks for your interest guys

Take care,

George

Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by androulakis
You have to get a white XJR for that. They didn't offer Black with tan I don't believe. At least I've never SEEN one. I know where there are two white on tan (oatmeal) cars I can get wholesale if you really want one.

Take care,

George
I've seen a couple.

IS the white one a R or XJ?

Congrats on the sale-would have loved it but logged for a light interior one everytime I saw one...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

George glad you found a buyer, I am sure he will be pleased with the purchase. Sorry we could not do business because of the distance.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jeffn
I've seen a couple.

IS the white one a R or XJ?

Congrats on the sale-would have loved it but logged for a light interior one everytime I saw one...

I have a line on a White over Oatmeal R. I only really deal in R's since the value v/s performance factor makes it a no brainer to get the R especially in the used market.

I can make a phone call to make sure it's still available and get you specs etc if you're interested.

Take care,

George

Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 PM

Sure, see what you can find out, thanks. I'm still stuck on a Super 8 but an R would tide me over & get my feet wet with a Jag.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,850 Posts

Congrats on the sale, George. I knew your XJR wouldn't be on the market for very long before someone with a discerning eye snapped it up....

So is your plan to daily-drive your new Range Rover and take your Arden XK8 on special occasions?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jon89
Congrats on the sale, George. I knew your XJR wouldn't be on the market for very long before someone with a discerning eye snapped it up....

So is your plan to daily-drive your new Range Rover and take your Arden XK8 on special occasions?

Thank you Jon,

I've been meaning to call you I swear! I just work so late anymore between the new job, and the car business, and an ongoing fight with the town over the new dealer, that I just never find a free moment, and I don't want to call and wake you or Jan at an inappropriate hour.

I'll give you a buzz in the next couple days.

As far as daily driving. I dd a car out of my dealer inventory. I drive my cars on the weekend lol. Right now it's a 2007 BMW 550i sport. I have a few options, I actually have an 01 S-type coming in tomorrow, with get this 75k miles! I'll have the 2010 Mercedes C class too when mom heads back to Greece for the winter. So It didn't make sense to have a depreciating asset just sitting there, when I could put the money to work. In 9 months I put 2800 miles on the car. You do the math.

And a few other cars / suv's etc.

Did you ever get a car for your inlaws? Sorry I kind of dropped the ball on that one?

Take care,

George

Old 08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,850 Posts

Thanks for the update, George. I knew you've been swamped with everything going on in your life. I hope you're able to come up for air now....

Jan bought a Camry for her parents when she was down in Florida the first week of August. I sold her Lexus SUV for my full $13,500 asking price on July 31st, so she took that cash and headed to Tampa to find an appropriate Camry. She was under strict orders from me that she could spend the $13,500 but no more. Any higher price difference would have to come from her parents or her two brothers....

She and her older brother wound up buying a 2009 Camry with about 50,000 miles that came with an extended warranty to 100,000 miles from a local Toyota dealership. She blew the entire $13,500 and threw in her parents' piece-of-crap 2003 Ford Windstar as well. I was not consulted on the deal (and did not expect to be), but I figure that she and her brother got screwed by between three and four grand. But I honestly don't care because nothing over my pre-set $13,500 limit came out of our pockets. Her parents were thrilled with the Camry (and apparently still are), the months-long Camry hunt is behind us, and I can wash my hands of the whole messy project. So even though Jan and her brother blew the deal big-time, it's over with now....

Looking forward to catching up with you when you get a few minutes to talk....

Last edited by Jon89; 08-20-2012 at 02:58 PM.