PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Western US]: 2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: $29k

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts
Default 2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: $29k

My own car. Well known to local forum members.

Current mileage is coming up to 88500. I am the third registered owner. I am still using the car occasionally so the mileage will increase. Recently had $2000 service including new brakes all round. Recent new battery. I will put 4 new tires on the car before sale. I am likely going to go with Yokohama tires as I have used them in the past with good results.

I know I don't need to explain the Portfolio spec on this forum.

My car has a few extra features worth noting :

1) Aux input (Not using ACM module)
2) Stage 1 air intake tube from UK member caldoofy, along with a Mina galleries air filter kit. I have all of the original equipment which I will give to the next owner.
3) Official Jaguar Umbrella and correct fixing straps to hold it to the trunk lid
4) Customer fit car cover for indoor use
5) I have the popular air compressor repair kit also from the UK. This will be given to the new owner
6) Although in the pictures you can see the car has the official Satellite radio dealer fit option, I have never been able to get the satellite radio to work. I believe there is a fault in the unit as it does not get a terrestrial signal (It gets the satellite signal ok) This prevents it from being registered with Sirius. I don't like how the unit looks in the console..... I think it looks like an afterthought (which of course it was). I have bought a complete replacement ashtray unit and have vinyl wrapped the front in piano black. This will match the piano black of the upper nav screen panel and would tidy up the appearance a lot. I will give this ashtray to the new owner. (I haven't had the time to go in and fit it)

The car needs nothing at all. The main reason I am selling it is that I now have 3 Jags and it doesn't get used as much as it should. I drive my 84 Series III all the time these days and am quite content plodding around in that.

There are another 3 Portfolios for sale country wide currently. One is Winter Gold (Not the best colour) for $45k. Another is around the same price, and the most competitive one is a Black Cherry car at $33k from a dealer in LA. My car has higher mileage than these others, so I think my lower price reflects that. I would like the car to go to a Jaguar enthusiast and I would be willing to be flexible on the price to see it go to a good home. I spent 6 months and countless air miles looking for this car before finally finding it in Maryland, DC.

I have never had any issues with the air suspension. The only problems I have had during ownership are the plastic expansion tank failed. Actually the float level sensor inside the tank failed so I replaced the whole tank as I know these are a weak item anyway. I had some issues early on with strange electrical gremlins but these were all attributed to a slightly sub par battery and all have went away since I changed the battery. I religiously change the battery every year now "just in case".

Attached Thumbnails 2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-20131127_152258.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-20131127_152413.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-img_3544.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-20130615_092155.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-%5Bunset%5D.jpg  

2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-img_3555.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-20131127_152430.jpg   2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio :: k-20131127_152445.jpg  

Last edited by Sarc; 11-28-2013 at 01:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sarc:
CatOne (01-21-2014), Panthro (06-21-2016)
Old 11-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts

Scott,

You're killing me! I just am not in the market right now. As for getting together, I am going to put something together for mid-January. December is too hectic. I leave for Bangkok on Sunday and then to Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, Amman, Riyadh then home. You and Wendy have a great Thanksgiving.
Dave & Jill

Old 11-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I wish I could give it a new home but we just got our new X300 and I'm getting settled into that.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Beautiful car......I wish you the best of luck with the sale, would love to see a Jaguar enthusiast / forum member take this off your hands.

Best

Jim

Old 11-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

Nooooooo Scott!!!
I'm selling my xj8 as well. I just like my older ones way more.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarc
My own car. Well known to local forum members.

Current mileage is coming up to 88500. I am the third registered owner. I am still using the car occasionally so the mileage will increase. Recently had $2000 service including new brakes all round. Recent new battery. I will put 4 new tires on the car before sale. I am likely going to go with Yokohama tires as I have used them in the past with good results.

I know I don't need to explain the Portfolio spec on this forum.

My car has a few extra features worth noting :

1) Aux input (Not using ACM module)
2) Stage 1 air intake tube from UK member caldoofy, along with a Mina galleries air filter kit. I have all of the original equipment which I will give to the next owner.
3) Official Jaguar Umbrella and correct fixing straps to hold it to the trunk lid
4) Customer fit car cover for indoor use
5) I have the popular air compressor repair kit also from the UK. This will be given to the new owner
6) Although in the pictures you can see the car has the official Satellite radio dealer fit option, I have never been able to get the satellite radio to work. I believe there is a fault in the unit as it does not get a terrestrial signal (It gets the satellite signal ok) This prevents it from being registered with Sirius. I don't like how the unit looks in the console..... I think it looks like an afterthought (which of course it was). I have bought a complete replacement ashtray unit and have vinyl wrapped the front in piano black. This will match the piano black of the upper nav screen panel and would tidy up the appearance a lot. I will give this ashtray to the new owner. (I haven't had the time to go in and fit it)

The car needs nothing at all. The main reason I am selling it is that I now have 3 Jags and it doesn't get used as much as it should. I drive my 84 Series III all the time these days and am quite content plodding around in that.

There are another 3 Portfolios for sale country wide currently. One is Winter Gold (Not the best colour) for $45k. Another is around the same price, and the most competitive one is a Black Cherry car at $33k from a dealer in LA. My car has higher mileage than these others, so I think my lower price reflects that. I would like the car to go to a Jaguar enthusiast and I would be willing to be flexible on the price to see it go to a good home. I spent 6 months and countless air miles looking for this car before finally finding it in Maryland, DC.

I have never had any issues with the air suspension. The only problems I have had during ownership are the plastic expansion tank failed. Actually the float level sensor inside the tank failed so I replaced the whole tank as I know these are a weak item anyway. I had some issues early on with strange electrical gremlins but these were all attributed to a slightly sub par battery and all have went away since I changed the battery. I religiously change the battery every year now "just in case".
Scott,

I don't know if you still have the car, but all I can say is WOW!...What a beauty you have there! I'm currently looking for a Super V8 and when I saw your ad with the pics of your Portfolio, I just about flipped! Unfortunately, your Super V8 Portfolio is a few grand outside my budget.

I can tell you if I owned it, it would going to a very good home. I promise that I would feed it the best 93 octane, bathe the engine internals in the finest Mobil 1, wash and polish it regularly and give it a proper driving every day! I even have a fresh jar of "Catnip flavored" Connolley Hide Food to tickle the kitty's insides with!

I don't know how flexible you are on price, but if you want to talk, please PM me through the forum.

Cheers!

Jon

Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@Rhett

You concentrate on getting the deer out of the front of your XJS please :_)

@Jon

Check your PMs

Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarc
@Rhett

You concentrate on getting the deer out of the front of your XJS please :_)

Working on it! Going on two months, the body shop (which came highly recommended from our mechanic) says the parts they need aren't available in this country and they don't know when the car will be finished. :-/