PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthWest]: 2012 XJ Supercharged SWB $26,800.00

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2012 XJ Supercharged SWB $26,800.00

Although the thread that I started in July was marked Sold by the forum, this car has gone unsold so far, and I am starting a new thread.

It is time to have fewer vehicles, and of the two potential candidates for downsizing, my wonderful wife prefers that we keep the '09 XJR, so offered here is the 2012 XJ.

Presuming familiarity with the model, here are the specifics on this car:

VIN: SAJWA1GE6CMV29580

Stratus Gray / Charcoal. The Stratus is the exceptional Xirallic paint.

79K miles, largely highway commute. It had 44.5K when I bought it in Dec. 2014

It is covered under the transferrable Jaguar Vehicle Protection Plan until 1/11/2021 or 100K miles.

Tires are Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 on 19" Aleutian wheels that I replaced the 20" originals with in an effort to contend with the abysmal roads in Southern California. They have 16K miles on them.

Battery is 13 months old.

At service last month, shop indicated front brakes at 3-5mm, rear over 5mm.

To be expected, the car has had repairs along the lines of bushings, A/C valve, transmission mount and other minor items, but in the interest of full disclosure, I will note that it suffered a dropped valve seat at 73K miles and the right bank cylinder head was replaced. This appeared to have been a random and rare occurrence, with no attributable cause and no collateral damage. From the shop foreman's (absolutely trustworthy) assessment, the seat dropped and was immediately hammered back into position by the valve, which is why it did not demolish the piston and destroy the engine. The dealer shop did outstanding work, and the car has run strong for the 6K miles since this repair. As part of the specified repair procedure, the head replacement also entailed a new water pump, plugs, and timing chain guides and tensioners.

I am asking 26,800.00. This is under the Edmunds' trade-in valuation (which historically closely tracks the Mannheim auction figures) and is based on a what is probably a conservative estimate of "clean" condition, while the photos will indicate that the car is close to pristine.

Vehicle is in Thousand Oaks CA.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

805-732-5808 or PM through the forum.

Here are the notable body blemishes:

Ding in driver's "C" pillar

Some stone chips in front

Some loss of finish on passenger rear sidelight trim