PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

6 liter block and crank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 liter block and crank?

Looking for a 6 liter block and crank(?). Looking to do a serious build for my xke for the street. My car is a ******* child that had its roof cut off (professionally) in the mid eighties by the original owner (I think). I would love to build as serious a engine as possible for the street. Thanks.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Maybe post in the XJS forum, this is the route I'd take, done 5.7/6.1/7.2lt conversions to E-Types with fuel injection and electronic engine management - a worthwhile job, even more so with manual trans.
Try and locate a late model 6lt XJS - and transplant the lot.

Name:  crop0040Large.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  82.9 KB
Name:  crop0042Large.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  84.7 KB
Name:  crop0041Large.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  70.3 KB

The following users liked this post:
KingsHeart (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Default 6 liter block and crank(?)

The XKE shown looks almost exactly as mine. My car is also dark blue. I'm way beyond swapping in a late engine. This will be a full built engine using everything I can to increase capacity as well as the efi using aftermarket management. That, or I may use Rick Pattons throttle body conversion using the Stromburg bodies. Good looking set up, looking very stock. I have gone through my 5.3, even installed the Tremec 5 speed, aluminum flywheel, and SS headers. And yet, a few weeks ago, got outrun by a Volvo turbo wagon, Seeing how the only difference between us and animals is our ability to accessorize, I gotta dress up my driveway jewelry even more, lol.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 1,069 Posts

The one pictured is 5.7.

The silver car is 6.1, GTJ alloy flywheel, GTJ killer cams, Tec 3 managment, with modem for altering parameters on track, big valve heads, Pheonix headers, Getrag box, Quaife diff, alloy bonnet Dayton custom wheels, AP Racing calipers and racing discs - I'd like to see the Volvette out run that car! ;-)

The 7.2 is a full TWR unit - I have a spare but it's big money, forged crank and steel mains. Oh, and a full set of Omega pistons along with GTP magnesium throttle bodies. 750bhp no problem.

I didn't know to what extent you want a tune - it's about how much money you want to spend, I have a friend called Rob Beere, maybe have a chat with him about V12'S.

Rob Beere Racing: Performance Jaguar Parts

It's all been done before here in England - like I said, how much do you want to win a pissing contest! ;-)

Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 AM

Well, as they say, the difference between men and boys....... I love driving my Jag. I literally drive it like I stole it. I run a Tremec 5 speed, and have shredded 2 gear synchros twice. On my third clutch disc. I need advice, thats for sure. From who? That's debatable. I guess when I start depriving my family due to my addictions of power, I will seek professional mental help. For now, Bob Beere may have to do. I am running his oil cooler, but so far, am only mostly stock. I have a set of the big valve heads on the way.

On a side note, I'm building another project as we speak, and would love to get in contact with Lanky Foushee. Is this the place where help on that could be found? Doing a one off kinda thing that Lanky and I discussed back in 05, but that project kinda fell off due to machining concerns. Found a shop a few weeks ago, and its on. I'd love to let Lanky know. I really think he'd love it.

As Soloman said in his early eighties, after 300 wives, and 700 concubines, "Only one in every thousand men entertain my thoughts, and in women I find no pleasure", I think I entertained Lanky. I, on the other hand, have been blessed with a woman who not only entertains my thoughts, but encourages them, lol.