PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

'84 XJ-S 3.6 5 Speed Getrag Pre-production

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
RRT
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '84 XJ-S 3.6 5 Speed Getrag Pre-production

Folks,

I'm thinking of selling her. I've owned her for several years and she's a very nice car and reliable driver. Moved into city and don't have a garage here. Wife can't drive a stick comfortably and if her S-type 4.2 is in the shop she drives my STR and I really need an auto as a third car. Will probably hunt an XKR or older Jag with an auto. At any rate, here's a link to more info about the car: 1984 Jaguar XJS 3.6. Wife made a typo putting up the info on the website she made, engineering designation was XJ58.

I can sell her with or without the spare parts. Also have a spare set of engineering cams, and can put my hands on a correct engine from another test car with about 35k on it. That is, the engine is one of the good very early 3.6 engines from another one of the original test cars. Biggest advantage I've noticed with this car is how much less it costs to service and keep on the road.

Cheers.