PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

'99 XK8 Convertible For Sale - Low Miles $8500

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default '99 XK8 Convertible For Sale - Low Miles $8500

Description from my eBay auction:

I have a two owner 1999 Jaguar XK8 convertible with 44,700miles. The exterior is topaz (lightgold) with an oatmeal leather interior. Thereis no visible rust on the surface of the car. Being a 14 year old car that I would rate as better than averagecondition, there are minor imperfections in the body and paint. This is not a show car but I get lots ofpositive comments from people when I drive it.

The car had a clear accident history when I purchased it froma Florida eBay seller in March 2011. Thecar was originally purchased and titled in New Hampshire but I was told that itspent most of its life down at the owner’s winter home in Florida. Since I took possession, the car was involvedin a minor fender bender when an SUV tried to change lanes into me. The left front fender was dented and professionallyrepaired. The accident picture looks alot worse, as there was a lot of black rubber marks on the paint from the SUV’stire. Please note that the wheelpictured in the accident photo is for a set of 18” wheels that are not includedin this auction but will be for sale separately, if you want them. The stock 17” revolver wheels come with the car. Overall, they are in good condition. One wheel has minor curb rash but it could beswapped out with the spare wheel, which is in great condition.

Being a 1999, upon purchase, I immediately replaced the camchain tensioners with the 3rd generation design. This upgrade guards against the knownbreakage issues of the 1st generation (mostly plastic) tensionersthat can destroy the engine when they fail. Also replaced at this time were the thermostat housing, thermostat andwater pump.

When I bought the car in March 2011, the convertible top wasslow and a bit noisy. I installed theLSI convertible top hydraulic relief kit, which lowers the operating pressureof the convertible’s hydraulic system. This is designed to help reduce failures of the top’s hoses andcomponents. In May 2012, the convertibletop was getting very slow due to a leak in one of the lift cylinders. I had both cylinders rebuilt by TopHydraulics and it has operated fine since then.

The front brake pads and rotors were replaced in November2012 with EBC USR Sport Black Rotors and EBC Redstuff Pads.

I have replaced the factory stereo with a JVC AHD75BT headunit that features HD Radio, CD, USB/iPod/AUX input and Bluetooth hands freephone/music streaming. This is not an easyupgrade, as there are not any dash kits readily available for aftermarketradios, like there are for most high production cars. I was able to source a faceplate adapter fromthe UK that works with a center console trim piece from a 1997 XK8. The front and rear speakers were replacedwith Kicker speakers. Steering wheelaudio controls were retained with an adapter.

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029049&pathId=142&page=1

I always try to describe my items accurately, so here is a list of the car’s biggest blemishes:

Minor crease in the passengerdoor panel (was there when I bought it, not that noticeable).
Center console shift bezel was cracked (common XK8 problem) I have patched it(visible in radio pic).
Parking brake leather boot has a small tear.
Headliner is not torn but is a bit dirty in places.
If the car sits too long (couple of weeks) without being driven, the batterygets low.
Front seats have some wear but the leather is not torn. I think that they could bedyed/reconditioned.

In addition to regular oil changes with Mobil 1, here is a list of upgrades andservices performed:

Tires 3/11
Brake Fluid Flush 3/11
Top Hydraulics Pressure Relief Valve Kit 3/11 Jaguar Kit | LSI Controls, Inc.
K&N Air Filter
Parking Brake Shoes 3/11
Purge Valve 5/11
Differential Pinion Seal 8/11
Convertible Top Hydraulic Lift Cylinders Rebuilt 5/12
Coolant Hoses 8/12
Front Brake Pads & Rotors 11/12 EBC USR Sport Black Rotors and EBC RedstuffPads
Belt Idler Pulley 4/13

Included with the vehicle will be the OEM Jaguar all weather front floor mats,custom cut windshield sun shield/shade and convertible top boot cover. I have two keys with remote entry FOBs, onevalet key and the owner’s manual.

Feel free to contact me withquestions, to view the vehicle or to arrange a pre-purchase inspection.

Attached Thumbnails '99 XK8 Convertible For Sale - Low Miles 00-top-down-pass-side.jpg   '99 XK8 Convertible For Sale - Low Miles 00-top-up-drivers-side.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

emailed

Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gone

The car is sold.