PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[NorthEast]: Bentley Arnage Red Label

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 03:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bentley Arnage Red Label

The time has come to sell my 2001 Bentley Arnage Red Label with 29,800 original miles. She is finished in a stunning Diamond Black exterior and a finely crafted, hand-stitched Connolly Leather interior.

The car was purchased new in 2001 from Manhattan Motorcars in New York City. It is in 100% original factory condition, including original radio and Pioneer Nav system. No modifications or alterations whatsoever with the exception of limousine tint on the rear window and rear passenger windows, which I can gladly have professionally undone if you so prefer.

The car is in excellent condition and has a clean New Jersey State title in my name, along with a clean Carfax and Autocheck report. This is a no stories, no paintwork, and no issues car. All services have been performed and are up to date. The car drives strong and flawlessly with no warning lights, noises, rattles, squeaks, or any issues whatsoever. It comes with original books, tools, media kit, telephone & accessories, as well as two sets of keys. This is a beautiful and extremely well cared for Bentley that presents in perfect condition. I just had her professionally detailed (3 stage exterior with clay bar, full interior treatment, and engine bay) by Beverly Hills Auto Resort in Basking Ridge, and now she's sitting comfortably in my heated garage awaiting her new owner.

This Arnage has a large list of features including moon roof, 2 stage heated seats, full power seats with 4 position memory seats and lumbar, navigation system, front and rear parking sensors, keyless entry, 18'' signature Red Label chrome wheels, sport mode, reclining rear seats with adjustments, as well as the well sought after wood veneer picnic tables. The neatest feature of them all, is the polycarbonate bulletproof glass, which Bentley never "officially" offered as an option. All of this resulted in roughly a $212,000 MSRP in 2001.

The Red Label is a true example of elegance and sophistication; this Bentley is like no other. With the iconic Rolls-Royce 6.75 Liter Twin Turbo V8 that produces 400HP and a jaw dropping 619ft. lbs of torque, it certainly sets a record for the car industry. The car weighs over 5,500 pounds and still sprints from a standstill to 60mph in 5.9 seconds.

If you're in the market for a well-preserved ultra-luxury car that will make you feel like royalty, this is the car for you. If you're looking for a car comfortable and luxurious enough to spend full days gobbling up highway mileage, this is for you as well. I once read that the average net worth of an Arnage owner is $30 million, where as the average net worth of a Continental GT/Flying Spur is $3 million. While I don't come close to those standards, the car truly speaks it.

This is not your average $30,000 Arnage that is exhausted and tacky looking, rather a truly pristine and extremely well maintained example. You would be hard pressed to find another in such exemplary condition as this one. One should consider; the cost of taking an average condition example and bringing it to this level would be considerably more than the asking price.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have, as I would be more than happy to address your concerns and talk about the car in further depth.

And lastly, I may be interested in a trade as well. Here are some trades I would consider, but I am open to anything unique, the worst I can say is no:

- 997 and up Porsche 911 (6 speed) *aero kit would be a big plus*
- E39 M5
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage (6 speed)
- Aston Martin DB9
- 2009 and up Maserati Quattroporte
- 2011 and up Alpina B7
- Mercedes-Benz AMG's
- Jaguar XFR
- Jaguar F-Type
- BMW 850 CSi

Old 12-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous.

Good luck with the sale.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by IppoJ
Gorgeous.

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Received 242 Likes on 146 Posts

Not in the market, but that sure is classy!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by chillyphilly
Not in the market, but that sure is classy!
Thanks!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

WOW for 15 years old, that car looks BRAND NEW!

good luck!

Old 12-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
WOW for 15 years old, that car looks BRAND NEW!

good luck!
Thanks! My 996 was also an '01 and you could definitely tell it lol

Old 12-15-2016, 11:26 PM

Guys, here is the Carfax report in case anyone was interested - I forgot to upload it/was unsure of how to attach a PDF, my apologies.

https://www.carfax.com/api/consumers...2e8aa802c85d24

Old 12-20-2016, 11:09 PM

Hey all,

Car just went up on BaT tonight for auction. First time ever using their platform. Very unique that potential bidders (as well as internet trolls) can post and ask questions. Either way, if anyone's interested in having a look or taking a stab at it, here's the link!

2001 Bentley Arnage Red Label | Bring a Trailer

Thanks for looking! As always, feel free to PM me if you have any questions...

The following users liked this post:
IppoJ (12-21-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

Man if I had the coin this would be mine...I see they are giving you a little bit of a hard time over on BAT, don't worry, serious buyers just over look the lurkers. BAT is a great site for this car, I watch it regularly and I'd guess 80% of the cars sold on BAT go for over retail prices.

Good luck!

Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Man if I had the coin this would be mine...I see they are giving you a little bit of a hard time over on BAT, don't worry, serious buyers just over look the lurkers. BAT is a great site for this car, I watch it regularly and I'd guess 80% of the cars sold on BAT go for over retail prices.

Good luck!
Thanks a ton for the kind words!

Haha, yes. Majority of people who post on BaT auctions are trolls. Zero bid history, zero selling history, but 1k + comment history.

I agree - serious bidders value that platform for what it is and trust it more than eBay. Hoping she finds a nice new home come Tuesday!

P.s. I'll trade you the Bentley if I can live in Maui!!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-27-2016, 10:57 PM

Good luck!
Hi Jandreu,

Wanted to post a follow up on my BaT experience...I'm sure this is not the case with all users, but I had an awful disappointing experience.

Standard practice for them is to set your reserve at what they deem reasonable. In my case, $38,500. I was fine with it. Today, no less than 5 minutes before auction close I come to see the reserve is down to $36,250 and the car actually "sold" for $36,000 to which I was enraged.

Their reply was that the high bidder was $36,000 and that because my reserve was $36,250 they would send me a check for the difference ($250). I was furious. I told them I had not authorized the reserve to change and there is no way I will proceed with the transaction.

Waste of my $250 insertion fee AND having to remove ANY and ALL classifieds/auction (Hemmings, eBay, Autotrader) in order to keep that bs listing alive for 7 days.

Also, the "community" are simply just trolls. More irrelevant chatter and slander not even about the car than anything productive.

All in all I am extremely disappointed and will not be using them in the future.

The following users liked this post:
IppoJ (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

So did your car end up "selling" for the $36K (I am not all that savvy with car auctions or Bentley but this seems pretty cheap)? Were you bound by the sale?

Doug

Old 12-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

PC210, man that just sucks. I was watching the BAT auction. I agree that while entertaining the amount of non-productive chatter on BAT is likely a negative for the seller. I say BAT owes you the difference if it comes down to actually selling for the 36K. Any explanation why they dropped the reserve without consulting you?

Old 12-30-2016, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
So did your car end up "selling" for the $36K (I am not all that savvy with car auctions or Bentley but this seems pretty cheap)? Were you bound by the sale?

Doug
Hey Doug, not a chance...that wasn't agreed on so there was no way I was selling it for $36000. So the buyer, as unfortunate it may be, will not be getting the car. As far as my knowledge, I was not bound by the sale just like on eBay Motors. It's a non binding contract for both parties. What'd happen if God forbid the car got in a wreck before the auction ended?

PC210, man that just sucks. I was watching the BAT auction. I agree that while entertaining the amount of non-productive chatter on BAT is likely a negative for the seller. I say BAT owes you the difference if it comes down to actually selling for the 36K. Any explanation why they dropped the reserve without consulting you?
Hi Jandreu,

I couldn't agree more. BaT completely destroyed and killed that sale...I sure hope that it doesn't effect me selling the car privately.

BaT claims they did not lower the reserve and insist that I did. And when someone from BaT comes out and says "nope, this guys lying" who do you think people are going to believe?

It's all quite unfortunate and if they pursue to make those remarks I will contact the BBB and pursue legal action. As they say, "this isn't my first rodeo". Lol.

My issue really is that they are so adamant that they're system could not have glitched or caused a mistake, they've made no attempt (as far as I'm aware) of looking into the problem on the technical side. They simply jumped on public forum and stated I was fabricating the whole thing....quite shocking for a platform that probably generates $7M revenue annually with virtually no overhead or physical location or phone number with such high profile cars.

Oh well. The poor car has no fault in any of this. It's by far one of the most pristine Arnage's on the road with 29k miles loaded with every available option, fully serviced and ready to go. It's a gem and it's a shame how a stupid auction site caused this disaster.

Nevertheless, thank you ALL for your support

Old 12-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

WOW, such a beautiful car. So sad that you are having troubles selling it. Have not
looked into that auction site you used. Does not sound like a site I would enjoy
either. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. Hope you can find a
more reliable site to help with the sell that won`t rip you off.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by jkallinen
WOW, such a beautiful car. So sad that you are having troubles selling it. Have not
looked into that auction site you used. Does not sound like a site I would enjoy
either. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. Hope you can find a
more reliable site to help with the sell that won`t rip you off.
Thanks so much for the kind words,

It's certainly a disappointment that it came to this. It's a big headache. Thanks very much for your help, I have no doubt the car will sell. It's a pristine example with barely 30k miles on it with every option plus polycarbonate bulletproof glass.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,020 Likes on 741 Posts

Stunning !

Old 01-04-2017, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by King Charles
Stunning !
Thanks!

Old 01-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

I've always lusted after an Arnage! I would like to get 2005+ for the update lights. Your car is amazing and actually noticed on BaT.

I would be into this car if it were sale 6 months from now... That is the beginning of our next car buying opportunity.

How has it been to own? Is it reliable?