PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Australia]: complete running 3.8 XK engine and Auto

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default complete running 3.8 XK engine and Auto

Hi all, Im going down a different path with my MK2 Jaguar and will be selling the driveline from it.

The car is a continual project, so I figured why not make it harder and fit a modern engine to it as well.

So all the work I have done to get it running is now just to help with the sale of the driveline.

It is a 3.8litre XK engine, great even compression across all 6 cylinders last time it was tested before I commenced getting it running again, the carbs were stripped and rebuilt, however they do need a fine tune, the water pump was replaced, rebuilt the dizzy and added electronic ignition, new leads, rotor, cap and plugs, new hoses for the cooling system and recored the radiator.
Currently running negative earth and an alternator as well.

The auto operates and I have tightened the bands to specs, but it needs all new seals as it leaks oil, which was my next big project on the car, until I decided that if I was going to remove the engine and gearbox, why not fit a modern replacement.

So for sale is, a complete running 3.8 litre from a MK2 Jaguar, Auto gearbox, tailshaft, and any associated parts that I no longer need, such as complete exhaust systems, both a twin system and a single (2.4litre), thermo fan.

Will probably keep the radiator as it looks like it will work with the new motor.

Currently still in the car, and can show potential buyers it running before I remove it.

As for asking price, $2,000

Located near Coffs Harbour, NSW

Also, have all stock dunlop brake calipers available as I have upgraded the brakes to a modern setup front and rear. (offers)