PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

F/S 1985 Jaguar XJ6 VandenPlas (Series III)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1985 Jaguar XJ6 VandenPlas (Series III)

I am selling my 1985 Jaguar XJ6 VandenPlas. I purchased the car under the assumption that I was going to have time -- and money -- to work on it. Unfortunately, I have neither at this time.

I purchased the car in October 2009. It was a Cash for Clunkers survivor, meaning the owner didn't qualify to junk the car (he let the registration lapse for 3 days). When I purchased the car, it ran fine, drove at 100+ mph easily, and handled well.

About 4 months ago, I attempted to get the car ready for the winter, and it wouldn't start so I could move it forward in the driveway. And there it sits. When attempting to start the car (with a jump box), the starter will click and that's about it. Someone told me I just need a more powerful jump box (which I cannot afford) and a stick to jar something loose. I don't know how to work on cars (this purchase was to teach me), so I really have no idea what he's talking about.

Anyway... the car is for sale. I'd like to get $1000 for it. There are some issues with the car -- doesn't start, both rear doors are frozen shut, power antenna does not work, driver's seat is being held up by a paint bucket, the paint is rough with some rust, and the windshield is cracked.

The good stuff -- The interior is impeccable for a car this age. The rear seat looks like it's never been sat in. I do have the original bill of sale for the car; it came from Florida. A good portion of the car's registrations are still in the owner's manual. I also have the technical manuals for the car, and from what I understand, those are rather hard to find. It has brand new tires on it, too, with less than 50 miles on them. I do keep them inflated.

I also have a brand new Y-pipe and accessories for the car.

Please contact me at jagvdp1985@gmail.com with any questions. I live in the Detroit area.