PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Interest in buying an XFR with Rod Knock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest in buying an XFR with Rod Knock?

Hello all, been going back and forth with what to with my 2010 XFR (only upgrade is ECU "re-flashed").

The car itself has 130,000 miles on it.

The body is in almost perfect condition, maybe one tiny dent and a few small scrapes here and there that I would take care of if there was an interested buyer.

I actually replaced the entire Supercharger including the pulley's at 120,000 miles and the rear diff was also replaced at 89,000 under warranty.

I had every panel on the car repainted (factory paint job) at about 90,000 miles and the paint is in great condition. I would say it is probably driven 80-90% highway miles since it is a work car and while driven hard, it is not street raced EVER. In fact, I can probably count on one hand how many times I have floored he car off the line.

Other than that, small issues that are there would be the center blown speaker, the rear vents became detached when my briefcase hit it when having to break quickly, and ..... hmm, I honestly think that's it. Other than the car is absolutely beautiful, get ridiculous amounts of compliments on it, except for "What is that sound?" (rod knock). All those things and any other would be taken care of if there was in fact a buyer who was interested.

More full transparency, there really isn't even any electrical "bugs" of any kind or issues such as that. Even the center console is in perfect condition. Oh wait, there is a wierd piece of paper or something in one of my overhead lights and sometimes the motion LED sensor touches the paper and turns it on. Could be fixed if a buyer is interested as well.

The car is still absolutely gorgeous and I am sad to see it go, just been very frustrated with it all and with how much I drive for work, it is time to put the car aside.

So I have been weighing my options between junking it, parting it out, etc etc etc, and realized I may as well just put it up on here and see if anyone has any interest.

I have read plenty about the cost of putting a new motor in the car even though the supercharger is brand new, but perhaps someone would want to do the work themselves or has a way to do it. Would accept any respectable offer.

If anyone has interest, again PM me with what you feel is a fair price. The "junk yards" offered me $3,800 and it just seemed so pathetic as the 20" wheels alone go on Ebay for $2,000 regularly with good tires, but alas, I am too lazy to do the parting myself.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I would also love to hear the opinions from everyone with this in mind. Seems "engine rebuilds" are a hot topic on this forum and it is a shame

I have CLS63 AMG-S lined up for purchase as soon as I figure out what to do with my XFR but want to make sure I get the best bang for the buck, and truthfully cars are like women to me and I cherish their lines and their beauty. "Scarlet" has been an OUTSTANDING vehicle for me, I am the second owner who bought it in 2012 with ~12,000 on it (never buy new!) and I would rather have someone else fix it and enjoy it as much as I have instead of seeing someone part it or scrap it.

So with that said, would appreciate any comments or concerns with this idea as it just kinda popped in my head.

Anyways, home from the bars drunk and starting to rant now, hope everyone had a good night! Love to hear your thoughts, thanks all.

Last edited by Asheal; 02-18-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,168 Likes on 677 Posts

Pics????

Old 02-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Asheal
Hello all, been going back and forth with what to with my 2010 XFR (only upgrade is ECU "re-flashed").

The car itself has 130,000 miles on it.

The body is in almost perfect condition, maybe one tiny dent and a few small scrapes here and there that I would take care of if there was an interested buyer.

I actually replaced the entire Supercharger including the pulley's at 120,000 miles and the rear diff was also replaced at 89,000 under warranty.

I had every panel on the car repainted (factory paint job) at about 90,000 miles and the paint is in great condition. I would say it is probably driven 80-90% highway miles since it is a work car and while driven hard, it is not street raced EVER. In fact, I can probably count on one hand how many times I have floored he car off the line.

Other than that, small issues that are there would be the center blown speaker, the rear vents became detached when my briefcase hit it when having to break quickly, and ..... hmm, I honestly think that's it. Other than the car is absolutely beautiful, get ridiculous amounts of compliments on it, except for "What is that sound?" (rod knock). All those things and any other would be taken care of if there was in fact a buyer who was interested.

More full transparency, there really isn't even any electrical "bugs" of any kind or issues such as that. Even the center console is in perfect condition. Oh wait, there is a wierd piece of paper or something in one of my overhead lights and sometimes the motion LED sensor touches the paper and turns it on. Could be fixed if a buyer is interested as well.

The car is still absolutely gorgeous and I am sad to see it go, just been very frustrated with it all and with how much I drive for work, it is time to put the car aside.

So I have been weighing my options between junking it, parting it out, etc etc etc, and realized I may as well just put it up on here and see if anyone has any interest.

I have read plenty about the cost of putting a new motor in the car even though the supercharger is brand new, but perhaps someone would want to do the work themselves or has a way to do it. Would accept any respectable offer.

If anyone has interest, again PM me with what you feel is a fair price. The "junk yards" offered me $3,800 and it just seemed so pathetic as the 20" wheels alone go on Ebay for $2,000 regularly with good tires, but alas, I am too lazy to do the parting myself.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I would also love to hear the opinions from everyone with this in mind. Seems "engine rebuilds" are a hot topic on this forum and it is a shame

I have CLS63 AMG-S lined up for purchase as soon as I figure out what to do with my XFR but want to make sure I get the best bang for the buck, and truthfully cars are like women to me and I cherish their lines and their beauty. "Scarlet" has been an OUTSTANDING vehicle for me, I am the second owner who bought it in 2012 with ~12,000 on it (never buy new!) and I would rather have someone else fix it and enjoy it as much as I have instead of seeing someone part it or scrap it.

So with that said, would appreciate any comments or concerns with this idea as it just kinda popped in my head.

Anyways, home from the bars drunk and starting to rant now, hope everyone had a good night! Love to hear your thoughts, thanks all.
PM Sent!

Old 02-19-2018, 08:11 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Eh. The motors are $7500. KBB is $13k or so. $4000 is probably a good offer. If you were closer to ohio, I'd deal.