PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[UnitedKingdom]: Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)

This is my Sov. Jag. 4.0 Had her for over two wonderful years and looked after her like a lady of her stature should. Selling due to purchase of her more lively sister - the XJR100. No expense spared, and receipts to show for all the work that's been done, which includes:
  1. Full new timing chain kit, including upgraded primary and secondary tensioners, primary and secondary chains, all guides and seals. Common source of engine failure and restricted performance.
  2. Two new knock sensors.
  3. All round disks, pads and parking break shoes
  4. New headliner - common issue with sagging so had the whole headliner changed with an upgraded fibreglass base one and restored original colour
  5. New, uprated fuel pump - common issue with jammed fuel pump causes fail to start after prolonged storage periods
  6. New battery and alternator less than three months ago
  7. 4 x new Michelin tires and 4 XJ-R alloys in good condition
  8. Uprated sport suspension, with full front and rear suspension service - bushes, bearings and shocks less than 8 months ago.
  9. Full gearbox rebuild and upgrade 6 months ago after the common slippage and failure with these models of the ZF-5HP24. Rebuilt with upgraded ORIGINAL ZF rebuild components, as well as FULL REBUILD & UPGRADE of the gearbox valve body. This alone cost well over £1.5K
  10. Previous keeper informs me that she had a Jaguar engine swap out at around 50K miles

Has the original Jaguar Motorola cellphone, uprated audio system and navigation module - both operational, but not used.

She has an AJ-27 engine with STEEL LINERS, and NOT nikasil coating, known for failure of earlier AJ-26 engines.

There is some service history in addition to all the work done, but I've not bothered to get the main dealer stamps - I know her, did all the maintenance and have all the receipts to show for it, so no main dealer is going to outbid me for her care!

Priced to sell at £2000 (Two Thousand Pounds)- will only accept the full asking price, so please don't ask. No tire kickers or time wasters. If you're serious, then she's over form my hands to yours, otherwise I'm not desperate to let her go.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-1.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-2.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-3.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-4.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-5.jpg  

Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-6.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-7.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-8.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-10.jpg   Jaguar Sovereign XJ8 Fully Loaded (2000)-11.jpg