PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

My 1990 500sl is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts
Default My 1990 500sl is for sale!

I have decided to sell my 1990 Mercedes 500sl Convertible.
I bought this car in not the best of conditions as a project. Over the last year it has undergone an extensive restoration process, and is now 95% perfect.

The car has 73k miles on it, and currently needs nothing mechanically. Everything works, no leaks, ICE COLD A/C, warm heat, all the power options work. Power top operates flawlessly, and there are none of the typical hydraulic fluid leaks from these top mechanisms.

The only reason I have decided to sell this car is that I currently have four cars, and do not have the proper storage space to keep it garaged (without leaving a 40k car outside). It is currently garaged. I just don’t drive it much.

Currently the car is registered and insured with collector car insurance through American Collectors Group, and has been appraised at 10k. This collector car insurance allows you to drive 5k miles a year (I have driven the car less than 1000) and only costs $212 per year, however you do have to have another car as a daily driver in order to qualify for this insurance. I can set you up with this insurance.

I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things but here’s the basics:

Power Windows / Locks – Dual Airbags (Yes in 1990!)

Brand New (less than 600 miles) BFG tires on Real OEM ///AMG wheels with the proper 129 part # designed for these cars.

Brand new Upholstery

Headlights upgraded to HID

New period correct Sony CD / MP3 player – Professionally installed top of the line audio system. Boston Acoustics 3 Way Proseries 6.5/ 4 / tweeter component set. Soundstream Rubicon 502 amplifier.

Good convertible top (has one tiny repair). Car DOES NOT leak. Even through a carwash, you may get a couple drops in at the corner but I have NO issue running it through.

New OEM MB windscreen with storage carpet

Extremely Rare 2000+ model OEM dual cupholder center console insert.
Original Metal hardtop with glass windows, complete with storage cart and cover.

If there were to be a flaw that would stop this from being a 100% car, it’s the paint. It’s great for 21 year old paint, and I’m sure that a professional with a buffer and some time could make it completely gleam (see the hardtop section in the blog) – I had my neighbor buff out the top.

I have documented Most of the restoration online in a blog. If you have a moment, take a look and you will see all the work that went into this car. Have a look and it will explain the car in much more detail.
R129 500sl Restoration

I’m asking $7500 FIRM for a quick sale. The car is WELL worth more than that. But I need it gone.

Please feel free to email me at geoandroulakis@gmail.com OR Call / Text Six 09 Nine 46 Nine 307.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for looking and take care

George

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,871 Likes on 7,150 Posts

Great looking car! Wish I was in the market to buy.... :-)

I'm not a huge fan of German cars but there are certain particular models that I *really* like. Yours is one of them :-)

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Yikes!

Holy crap! Someone please buy this before I find a way to go into debt that I don't need!

I seriously want that car! I would evict the Dodge for that in a second!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

very nice car indeed , looks mint
good luck for the sale