PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

parting out 97 jag xk8 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default parting out 97 jag xk8 coupe

hello everybody im here trying to part out my 97 jag xk8 that was involved in a front passenger side accident and unfortunatlly is not able to be fixed, but i was only to find this out after buying all the parts to put it back together to find out the main frame rail is bent so the car is basically junk. this being said i figured someone here might have a project they are doing and need the parts. so if anyone needs parts feel free to contact me. list of all new parts i bought for the car are right side fender,door,front bumper cover,headlights,hood,airbags,airbag control module,airbag sensors,radiator,a/c condensor,gear shifter,and engine cradle. i spent alot of time and money finding this stuff and its a real shame i cant put this car back together because i really loved this car. i just had the transmission rebuilt 3 weeks before a drunk driver hit me, and not to mention 2 years before i replaced the motor with a newer motor from a 2004 xk8 that had 40000 miles on it so as you can see ive taken a huge loss but all other parts are still in excellent shape and the parts i just bought are brand new so if anyone has any ?s just send me a email and ill respond as soon as possible thanks and enjoy your toys and hopefully ill get me another one soon.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I need some parts in a big way!!!

Some interior pieces, exterior pieces and mechanical components.

What colours are the interior and exterior? Which wheels/tires do you have?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where are you located?

I need the center console wood piece if not all scratched or cracked?
can you post a photo or send to me?

is the interior grey??

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Is the wood in good condition? It should fit an 2001 XK8. I am interested.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, please post color codes, my interior is "coffee" code SDC, need front seat covers, console lid/armrest, and steering wheel cover if not faded or cracked like the ones on my car are. Reach motor and cable if also in working condition.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fedoraja1
I need some parts in a big way!!!

Some interior pieces, exterior pieces and mechanical components.

What colours are the interior and exterior? Which wheels/tires do you have?
black exterior buckskin tan interior and it has the 2003 xkr wheels

Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 PM

the interior is buckskin tan and the center woodgrain consoul is in perfect shape and i am in michigan

Old 06-29-2011, 09:52 PM

the steering wheel is in perfect shape because i just purchased a new airbag because of the accident and im not sure of what the reach cable is

Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 PM

all of the wood in the car is in perfect condition

Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 PM

to all interested in anything from this car everything except the front seat bottoms of both front seats the car is black a coupe and buckskin tan interior

Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

You answered my question, It's a coupe.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i need a seat module. Left and right are the same. How do i contact you. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:06 AM

to all those interested in getting in contact with me email me @ ambernjames08@comcast.net and i will respond as soon as possible

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Please send me an e-mail so we can deal without interuption to the forum. Unless they might be interested in what we are doing. My car is an 1999 XK8 convertible. I need a full set of power steering hoses. I could take the pump as well if thats how it comes out of the car. The story goes that you should ger more for the car in pieces than as a whole car. Hopefully someone with this kind of experience will chimb in with some advice. I might eventually take the engine. I would like to have one that I cauld take plenty of time to blue print. Write me on e-mail mbmorse14@comcast.net

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Moving this to the For Sale area, for best results in parting out the car, you may want to start a list of either the 'parted' items, or items not salvagable due to the accident damage.

For the buckskin, I assume the trim code on your door sil is AFR.

Pictures of interior and exterior make a huge impact to move a parted car too...get your post count up to 10, and you can attach up to 4 pics to each post.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Default thanks to all the jaguar people

just want to say thank you to everyone that has had interest in getting parts and other info on what to post and what different things on the car are. i will also post this in the for sale forum as well. but to all those interested in parts from this car it was hit on the passenger side but i bought all the pieces to put it back together before i found out the frame rail was bent so unless you need a bent frame rail thats the only part i dont have everything else was in tip top shape and i took good care of it ill try to get some pics up soon and the color codes

Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Default some pics up today

ok i finally got the pics up that i could

Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by LIFTS
i need a seat module. Left and right are the same. How do i contact you. Thanks in advance.
contact me at ambernjames08@comcast.net

Old 07-09-2011, 09:36 AM

ok i got a few more pics up today. the trim code is sdc and the paint code is pdx. i have more pics to put up so look for them soon ive almost gotten the whole car apart so if you need parts they are already off and available only thing left on the car is glass which the windshield is junk so hope these parts will help somebody

Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 AM

ok so now the whole car has been gutted and i mean gutted every wire harness dash exhuast rear end front suspension and when i mean everything i mean everythin only thing left is a empty shell so if you need anything its off and available for pick up and also have all computers steering colum and none of the wiring harness has been cut so its all in perfect shape check out my garage for pics on what things ive posted so far

Quick Reply: parting out 97 jag xk8 coupe