PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Parting out XJ8

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! How much you want for your both sides headlamp assembly? I'm in Lakewood, CA 90712

I need also all the nuts, bolts and clips to hold the front bumper absorbers, reinforcement bar, bumper cover and headlamps misc. screws......
Thanks!! Axel

Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I'd love the right - passenger side - dash end panel GNC 6653AA for about ten bucks, or so. I can even see the left one on a pic.

Thanks.
Dave Miller
MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com

Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AVEchuchoAxel,

Sorry but the headlight assemblies are already sold. Second I also apologize but I always sell any parts with the mounting hardware attached. I can not help you with the "nuts, bolts and clips to hold the front bumper absorbers, reinforcement bar, bumper cover and headlamps misc. screws" that you are asking. Good luck with your rebuild.

David Miller,

Also my apologies but unless I am confused I believe that to remove the piece that you are asking for entails a lot of time and effort and ten bucks is just not worth my time. No offense intended but be realistic, the part, labor, and shipping cost for $10. I don't think so. Good luck tracking down what you need.

Best regards ----- Chris

Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about fogs? I'll take one. also passangers side headlamps? Any wood to sell?

Old 12-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response but I think we are talking small apples and huge oranges, here.

The end dash panel is a 5 X 2 inch oval plastic piece, on the side dash adjacent to the inside door frame, that pops out in a millisecond. That's probably why the old 99 XJ8L Jag I bought doesn't have it on the right side. It is held by a single plastic center inside clip. It is NOT the entire dash panel.

Just pop it off, place in a 9 X 11 envelope and mail to me. I'll even pay you first, plus postage. It supposedly retails new for about 20 bucks, but I can't find one where I live, or on the net, as it is such a small part. Moreover, I'd really rather have a used one, even if the beige color is not a perfect match; just for sentimental reasons. This way, your cat will "live on", much like an organ transplant.

Any thoughts?
Let's make a deal.
Thanks for your help and patience.
I'm a newbie.

Fraternally
Dave Miller
Norcross, GA
MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com

Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Default Dash end piece

Hi David,
If it is that simple as you say then you got a deal. I assumed that it entailed me pulling the whole dash panel to get to it. I guess that is what I get for assuming, made an *** out of myself as the old saying goes. Let me get out and look at it in the morning and get it off for you. I will take a couple of pictures of it and email them to you. If after you see the pictures you are good then just send the money to my PayPal account at chrishelbing@hotmail.com . How about $20.00 and that includes the shipping. Let me also get the address where you want me to mail it for you. Again my apologies for acting like an ignorant bonehead.
Best regards ----- Chris

Old 12-15-2011, 10:20 PM

ThunderCat,

I do still have the fog lights. How about $50.00 for one shipped to you? If that works for you just send the money to my PayPal account and give me your shipping address there so that I could get them in the mail for you. chrishelbing@hotmail.com Also all of the wood trim is there but the ones in the two front doors I believe have a couple of cracks. I will get pictures of each of the pieces throught the car and post them here tomorrow for you to see along with prices. Also the headlamps are already sold, Sorry.

Front Drivers Door ----- Door Trim Moulding has cracks
Master Window Switch $25 without switches
Master Window Switch $50 with switches
Rear Driver Door -------- Door Trim Moulding $35
Window switch and Ash Tray $20 no switch
Window switch and Ash Tray $30 with switch
Rear Passenger Door---- Door Trim Moulding $35
Window switch and Ash Tray $20 no switch
Window switch and Ash Tray $30 with switch
Front Passenger Door --- Door Trim Moulding has cracks
Window switch has cracks
Instrument Panel Bezel --- $40
Center Vent --------------- $25
Center Console Ski Slope - $30
Passenger Air Bag Trim ---- $25
Rear Center Console Seat Heater switches $20 no switches
Rear Center Console Seat Heater switches $30 with switches
Rear Center Console lower $20
Best Regards ------ Chris

Attached Thumbnails Parting out XJ8-dsci1112.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1113.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1114.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1115.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1116.jpg  

Parting out XJ8-dsci1118.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1133.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1132.jpg   Parting out XJ8-dsci1119.jpg  

Last edited by stimie02; 12-16-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added pictures and prices
Old 12-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Default Thank You!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has bought parts off of the XJ8. I am glad that the cat can live on elsewhere.

Happy Holidays ------ Chris

Old 12-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Hey this is Al , trying to see about the throttle body, for some reason i did not get the updates you posted, but still waning it if you have it

Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Hello Al,

I do still have the throttle body. I will be happy to send it to you just as soon as you send a $90.00 payment to my PayPal account, christopherhelbing@hotmail.com , for it. Check in the top right hand corner of the JaguarForums homepage where it says private messages. If you click on that and then follow the link you should see where I sent you a personal message back on the 16th. Make sure you also give me your address so that I know where to mail it to.

Best Regards and Happy Holidays ------ Chris

Old 12-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Hi Chris,

The dash end pieces arrived and fit perfectly; matched color too.

THANKS
Fraternally

Dave Miller
Norcross, GA
MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com

The following users liked this post:
stimie02 (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Glad to hear it Dave. Just in time for Christmas as well!!! Either pass the extra set along or just save them for the future when I ask you if you got a set that you can send me back. Out of curiousity which one did you end up using, the darker or lighter shade?

Best regards and Happy Holidays ----- Chris

Old 12-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Chris this is Al I am looking @ the pics and that one looks different than mine. Mine does not have the black vaccum canaster. It also has a throttle cable attached to it

Old 12-22-2011, 05:59 PM

Hi Al,

Did a little digging and I found out that they did use two different throttle bodies for the '99 XK8's. The earlier models used mine and the latter used a different throttle body. Obviously you have the latter style. Sorry that it is not what you need. I will send you your money back. I got the throttle body packaged up and paid for the postage online but I had not dropped it off at the post office yet. I was going to do that in the morning. Glad you figured it out now. Good luck tracking one down and Happy Holidays.

Best regards ---- Chris

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Bump dat!!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

Hi Chris - I need the hood pull release lever. do you hve this available?
thanks,
Ed

Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 AM

Hi Ed,

I do still have it available. Are you looking for the lever inside the vehicle only or are you also looking for the cables as well and or the release latches on both sides of the engine compartment? Whatever you are needing I do still have. Just let me know what I should pull off for you.

Best regards ---- Chris

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Default Parts

Hello Chris. Did you have a great X mass. I see that you have made a lot of sales off the Jag. Can you tell me when you resent the headlights to me? I have been looking and so far nothing.
Thanks
PAUL

Old 12-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Hi Paul,

I sent you both an email as well as a PM with the tracking info. I did have a good christmas and I hope that you did as well.

Best Regards and Happy New Year ------ Chris

Old 01-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Quick Reply: Parting out XJ8