PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Western US]: For Sale!....2001 XJR

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default For Sale!....2001 XJR

Hey guys n gals....this is the first place i am posting the car for sale...i am going to be completely honest with everything!

reason i am selling....in early of next year i am going to buy another car possibly a Escalade/XTS/or a Serria Denali i want to garage the new car (not park it outside in the driveway) XJR has been in the garage since day 1 and i am going to use this money to add onto my down payment.

My history with the XJR i bought it about 2 years ago from an owner in Roseville, CA... i drove it locally around town on my days off around 2 times a week. when i bought it it had about 108,XXX miles on it.

Things i have done to the car:

1) fluids changed; Transmission (Fuchs Titan ATF 4134...i have some left over i will give you it) Power Steering (CHF 11S) Supercharger ( GM Fluid) Coolant (Universal Water based).....FLUIDS THAT NEED TO BE Changed... Differential ( I have fluid *Royal Purple Max Gear 75w-90* could not to the bolt behind the sway bar... i will give you this fluid) and Brake fluid i do not have any.

2) installed a Aux in for audio on factory system... CD player is disabled because of this

3) installed a HUD display with temperature readout (tip for next owner do not let it go above 220F)

4)upgraded Coolant hoses in the valley wrapped in heat protective layer (i have pictures to prove it)

5) upgraded water pump to metal version (i originally had plastic but changed it while doing the valley hoses

6) upgraded thermostat i installed a 192F thermostat car runs about 203-210 F ...not sure if its the thermostat but before it would run 198-203 all day. (possibly place provided me with a higher running one)

7) changed all vacuum hoses and t connectors (while changing the valley hoses i changed all hoses that i thought might become problem in the future)

8) changed spark plugs (bought iridium platinum plugs)

9) changed the valve cover gaskets all of them (spark plugs and surroundings)

10) installed a rear view mirror dash cam turns on/off automatically

11) flushed the whole coolant system before changing over to a different coolant (originally had orange coolant...used distilled water to pump water continuously for about an hour to clean out the cooling system...now has water based universal coolant)

12) Upgraded secondary tensioners from plastic to metal (i have pictures to prove it)....previous owner did them

13) upgraded battery (Everstart H7 i believe i will double check)

14) installed a battery tender with a float charger when she sits in the garage for a long period of time ( i do not drive her when its raining outside sometimes 2 weeks at a time)

15) she is lightly tinted all the way around 50% and i installed VIP curtains for the rear passengers (custom made)

16) car is rust free! i can provide more pictures if requested

i can honestly say i have only driven her in the rain 3 times during my ownership! because i was afraid of rust issues 1 time was when i had a apt with my mechanic to figure out a coolant leak (turned out to be the valley hoses) that day it just had to be raining!...the other two times was when she was my ride to work (where i garaged her at my work) because my other car was being worked on.

Problems with the Car:

1) car is a salvage title because it was hit by a motorcycle on the front passenger end (i have pictures to show)

2)she likes to be warmed up before taking i always warm her up to 170 F before driving off

3) first gear sometimes sticks done this about 4 times during the beginning of my ownership....its always the first drive of the day after siting for two weeks or so...its always at low speeds around 10-12 mph of its first drive....i learned that slowing down to a stop and putting it in N and then back to D fixes it. the rest of the day it will never do it again....but ever since i did a transmission flush and a filter change while installing a battery tender it has never done that since. (my mechanic and i thought either a electronic issue (low voltage) or dirty fluid its been a good year since its done it.

4) she has a few rock chips in the front but nothing bad and the side that was damaged by the motorcycle is a slightly different silver than its original. its the fender of the passenger side and the passenger door. they are a slightly darker silver noticeable only if you look closely...

5) passenger door handle inside has some slack...it has been like this since i have bought it...it opens from the inside but you have to pull the handle a little more than the others.

okay pictures! the red circles are areas that i are not perfect! some damage (front bumper, driver seat bolster, rear passenger tint has a scratch in the film)

NO lights!

Mileage at the moment

Temperature HID display (this was during warm up)

You can see the slight variation of the paint from the damage (passenger door and passenger fender)

damage from previous owner (red)

flawless interior minus the driver bolster (red) slight leather damage....excuse the water bottle and my nieces backpack

small scratch in rear passenger tint

VIP curtains

cleaning supplies and a fuel filter i am changing soon

a little supply run

how she is garaged since day 1 of i bought her

shes always been covered and garaged

picture of the crash that caused her to be totaled provided by the previous owner

this one is blurry but yo u can see the damage

pictures before repair of the crash

crash pic

crash pic

damage that occurred

crash happened at 105xxx miles

more information.....

I am currenlty in no rush to sell this car! i am asking $4,500 firm no slack. feel free to contact me for more information and i will post a picture of the engine bay as well on my next day off! car is located in Yuba City, California...it was originally sold in Las Vegas i have the window sticker to prove it.

Thank you for looking!

Last edited by Gopi Hira; 11-09-2016 at 03:44 PM.