PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

For Sale in UK. 1995 Jaguar XJ6 3.2 litre.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default For Sale in UK. 1995 Jaguar XJ6 3.2 litre.

Hi there.
I have owned this car for about 18 months but now she has to go. Mainly because I don't get the opportunity to use her as often as I should but also because, being disabled with a dodgy spine, I need a car that I can climb UP into rather than DOWN into, if you see what I mean.
About the car.
She is dark blue on the outside and there are no dings or dents anywhere, not even any scabby rusty bits under or around the wheel arches. The interior is leather but as to the colour, I wouldn't know whether to call it white, cream or ivory. Whichever it is, it's in good condition.
The car is M.O.T.ed until April 2013 but the car runs with a Mobility tax disc so that would have to be removed before the car is sold. She had done round about 110,200 miles.
I have no problems starting her up, even after a week sat on the drive, that's the Jag, not me. (see below for the exception to that) She is, I think, the base model which means that the seats are adjusted manually. It also means that there is less to go wrong and, as far as I know, all the electrics work as they should.
In the last 6 months I have had a new CPS fitted and also a recon alternator.

To be as honest as possible, I don't like opening the boot. That's because it seems as though every time I put something in there, I get a problem when trying to start the old girl up. I have been told that this fault is because of a wiring loom that goes from the boot to the inside of the car through a hole next to the off side boot hinge. It seems that this wiring loom contains a wire for the immobiliser system and this wire may be a bit frayed or damaged in some way and opening and closing the boot lid annoys it enough that it stops working. I have usually got round the problem by either opening and closing the boot lid a few times or just locking/unlocking the car a couple of times. The car has never needed a break down truck to fix this problem but, IMHO, it needs looking at by a qualified Auto electrician.
The only downside to that is that there is a 6 CD changer in the boot and I'm getting fed up of Patsy Cline and Cliff Richard.
One good point is that I have a regular parking spot and there are no drips on the floor where I park.
The price is under the pictures and if you have any questions, please ask.

So, here are a few pictures to get you salivating.

Name:  Off-rear.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  front-side.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  Drivers-view.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  front-seats.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  engine-bay.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  radio-gear.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  58.0 KB

The price is fairly firm at £1,250 but I'll listen to any genuine offers in that area. I'm also open to a swap for some kind of MPV or any vehicle that I have to step into rather than having to climb down into like I have to with the Jag. Suitable vehicles would be Renault Scenic, Fiat Multipla, Range Rover, Citroen Picasso and the like with ages to suit the price.
Feel free to contact me via this site or by e-mailing me at ..... (adjusted to avoid spam) ..... shed_94a AT (very warm post.com
Just lose the dots at the front and figure the rest out for yourself, lol

Thanks for looking,
Steve

ps .... The car is in Blackburn in the North West of England.

Last edited by 5tevie; 08-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Nobody interested?
Seems a shame to scrap a car that runs this well but I can't drive her so she has to go.
Hopefully within the next 3 weeks.