PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

[FS] SCAM WARNING: Do Not Buy from Eric Flood AKA Sublyminal, exoticimports81@gmail.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default SCAM WARNING: Do Not Buy from Eric Flood AKA Sublyminal, exoticimports81@gmail.com

I negotiated a purchase of these wheels (Screenshot below, in case it's deleted): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...-essen-149899/

I sent payment on September 27th. He said he needed a couple of days to get to the shop, etc, which I understood. I followed up on October 1st and he said he was busy until next week and couldn't remove them. Finally, after tons of hassle and back and forth and him trying to nickle and dime me on taking his TPMS out and back and forth on shipping cost (which he'd already agreed to pay), he shipped them on October 8th.

Then on October 12th, the wheels arrived, half a month after I'd paid for them and nothing like they were described.

His ad states that the tires are "good as new" and they appear that way in his pictures. Not only are they all almost at the wear marks, the fronts have severe inner tire wear, making them dangerously unusable. The pictures in his ad are of the tires NEW, what I received are very well used wheels and trashed tires. He said he'd refund me but only if I paid the ~$300 return shipping - essentially wanting me to eat the cost of his mistake. I proposed a few ways to correct it, mainly that he could refund some of my money to help pay for new tires and he pretended to care for a bit then ignored my texts and calls. Basically: I was patient with his terrible service and non-responsiveness, giving him ample room to correct the issue, and he chose to rip me off instead, so you should know that before doing business with him.

He claims to have a business selling car parts under the exoticimports81@gmail account, but I can't find any evidence that he's actually created a licensed business. I think he sells his trashed car accessories, mis-represented as in new condition, at an almost new price.

Lesson learned - I should've just bought new, but I figured I'd post this to make sure no-one else makes the same mistake I did.

Original ad:

Left Front inner tire:

Right front inner tire:

The following 5 users liked this post by XJLFTW:
Dr Quail (05-24-2016), Goncalo Proenca (10-18-2015), Markus (10-16-2015), Panthro (02-19-2018), rocketa9x (04-18-2016)
Old 10-25-2015, 11:17 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope you paid with Paypal...I would open a dispute and let them know exactly what happened.

The following users liked this post:
XJLFTW (10-26-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 03:35 PM

I did, but having been through their process before I'm not sure it'd be worth the time/hassle, having already spent so much time on it.

I put the wheels on the car with new tires and really like how it looks, even if I paid way too much for it. Lesson learned, by me and hopefully anyone who googles this guy in the future.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,021 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by XJLFTW
I did, but having been through their process before I'm not sure it'd be worth the time/hassle, having already spent so much time on it.

I put the wheels on the car with new tires and really like how it looks, even if I paid way too much for it. Lesson learned, by me and hopefully anyone who googles this guy in the future.
Trust me they(PayPal) almost always side with the buyer. I've learned the hard way from a few unjust disputes lol. File a dispute ASAP.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I've disputed with PayPal and always been happy. Easy resolution.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Received 127 Likes on 78 Posts

yeah, definently go paypal, I've heard they've revised their system of disputes after trouble and complaints and it's better now.

I mean, that is such a blatent scam. Those tires are new in his pics, you can still see the the lines on them.
My guess:
those were the pictures of when he bought them or put new tires on them or he took so long because he sold the tires and found some trashed tires to sell to you.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:46 PM

Bump. He's back on the board, with another "LIKE NEW" set of wheels.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

For anyone interested my wheels are LIKE NEW as I have posted. The car has barely moved since I put them on. Again I am not interested in selling the tires, but if someone want them I would. This is also why I posted pictures of the tires as I stated before the last time I posted here I did not notice the inside of my tires and did not want to mislead anyone. I have 100 percent feedback on ebay as well as all other merchandising sites I sell on. Even maintaining 100 percent feedback I have learned that one simple cannot please everybody. Period.

This guy became disrespectful and begin to act like a 6 year old who could not have his way and wanted me to basically pay for a set of new tires that were not the original brand. In the end he wanted something for nothing it appeared. As far as the amount of shipping time I am not exactly sure how that was a hassle when I made that clear before he paid...I am a busy guy and I made sure he knew shipping would not be immediate. Nickel and diming...He wanted his own TPS installed and wanted me to pay...that was not my responsibly. Anyone here interested in these wheels buy them and if not that is also fine. I am completely fine with a local agent seeing them off the car for any out of state buyer and of course any local buyer can see them first and even mount them before paying. I am not here to take anything from anyone. This is $1000. I sh*t that. Its not even that big of deal whether these sell or not. I have already ordered my new wheels and they would just be on the garage floor in the way basically. Anyone local is willing to come look at the wheels also. Like I said...LIKE NEW.

This message was to come give my side when I received notice from one of my fellow forum members of this message that I otherwise would not have seen anytime soon. Not to go back and forth with this 6 year old. I will not respond to any other messages in regards to this. Thanks

Old 04-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskuhns
yeah, definently go paypal, I've heard they've revised their system of disputes after trouble and complaints and it's better now.

I mean, that is such a blatent scam. Those tires are new in his pics, you can still see the the lines on them.
My guess:
those were the pictures of when he bought them or put new tires on them or he took so long because he sold the tires and found some trashed tires to sell to you.
The pictures with the tires new were not "advertised". This was a picture showing the wheels. However, I do agree to definitely go paypal. I encourage it. I use it for buying as well as selling. All this guy had to do was file a dispute. I wonder why he didn't. They would have made sure he shipped them back and got a full refund etc. Interesting. People will believe whatever. That's why the media is so powerful.that's another topic though. Good day.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Received 4,290 Likes on 3,708 Posts

We will let this end here. There are 2 sides to every story - both have been said no need for any further discussion If folks have issue with what is being sold - deal with the vendor or dispute with the credit card company or paypal

The following 2 users liked this post by sklimii:
abonano (04-19-2016), Sean W (04-20-2016)