PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTT[SouthEast]: Thinking of trading a 98 XK8 coupe for SIII/XJ40 XJ6/XJ12...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Thinking of trading a 98 XK8 coupe for SIII/XJ40 XJ6/XJ12...

I frequently swap cars around and currently have a 98 XK8 coupe and an 89 XJS in the household that I split daily driving activities between. Because it would fit my family better now to have a sedan rather than two coupes, I'm putting this out there to see if anyone is interested...

The car I'm thinking of trading is a 1998 XK8 with 99xxx miles on it. By the time some of you read this ad, it will have rolled over 100k. I'll add pictures later this week of the odometer and gauges.

The car is a rare purple color. I'm at least the third owner of the car.

We've replaced/upgraded the timing chain tensioners. A/C is cold. Tires are practically new. Car cranks, runs and drives anywhere. The following items would need attention:

* Paint is faded on the roof and trunk. I purchased the car out of south Florida, where it was being kept out in the open. We actually started to prep and paint the trunk back in the summer only to find we'd been sent the wrong shade of purple. So it doesn't match. But a full repaint is in order, anyway, if you want to do it right.
* Right front strut/shock is clunking over bumps.
* Radio mysteriously stopped working about a year ago in the middle of a song. We removed the rear amplifier and opened it up and couldn't find any obvious signs of damage to the power supply or output drive, so we're thinking the radio head unit itself may have a dead output.
* Leather on the driver's seat bolster is worn. Leather on the center armrest has delaminated as has the wood veneer on the top of the steering wheel.

And that's about it.

What I'd like to find, most of all, is a Series III XJ6 or XJ12 (prefer a long wheelbase car) in excellent running order with good leather. I have a spare dashboard for a SIII car so that's not a big concern to me. Cold A/C is a MUST (I live in Alabama). Failing to find that, I'd be open to an XJ12 from the XJ40 years but it has to be virtually issue-free.

I'm negotiable on prices and easy to deal with. If we're close in respective values, I'll work with you on it. Mostly I'm running this up a flagpole to see if I get any salutes.

Jess

Old 10-30-2015, 01:26 AM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts

See if I can add some pictures here...

Worst reflection ever ... that says 99942 if you can't read it.

Paint issue on the roof...

Thanks to the paint supplier for sending us a light purple to spray the trunk lid.