PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: Trying to help someone sell: 1986 XJ6, One owner, nice car for $1750

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Trying to help someone sell: 1986 XJ6, One owner, nice car for $1750

This is not my car for sale, but I did take a look at it recently before buying a different Jaguar. I told the gentleman I'd help him find a buyer, because this is a good car (I probably should have bought it, honestly) and it needs a good home.

The car has high mileage (201k) but has had a motor rebuild. The paint is fairly recent and is really well done. There's a little chipping around one taillight but it's a minor blemish.

What's wrong with it:

* Smog equipment was deleted (not needed for inspection in Alabama) but the parts come with the car in case you need to reinstall,
* A/C compressor has seized up,
* The HVAC switching system needs attention. Blend door issues.

Beyond that, I test drove this car and found it to drive extremely well, no rattles, no tracking issues. The dashboard wood laminate is not in good shape. Seats are actually ok. Sunroof works and does not leak. Fuel lines have been recently replaced and both tanks, plus switching system, are in good shape.

The original owner (an older gentleman) passed away recently and the car is owned by his widow, who does not want the car and also does not know how to really go about selling it. The title is in her name. The gentleman brokering the deal bought it from her but never titled it in his name. He ran into health problems himself just after the purchase and decided to let the car go rather than completing its restoration.

His name is Mike and his phone number is (256) 239-1706. The car is located in Eastaboga, Ala., which is about 30 minutes east of Birmingham on Interstate 20.

I am not making anything off this deal. I just want to see the car go to a good home and told Mike I would help him publicize its sale.

Here are some pictures:

Mike also has a Craiglist ad up for the car now: https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/5338360293.html

I'll answer questions about it as best I can but I only spent an hour around the car when I saw it.

Jess