PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!
Could you send me the prices for Stage I And Stage II kit

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Default Interested in second stage twin screw kit.

Could you please provide me price quote. I have a 2000 XKR convertible with 70k.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Good day Mr. Avos I kindly emailed u about an STR kit but ill just go ahead and ask the question here too (sorry to be the millionth person to ask), could u provide me information on an 03' STR kit? What would you estimate the power increase be? And what would an STR kit come with?
Edit: Here's my personal email ralph322.rr@gmail.com

Last edited by Reezy322; 10-27-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by avos
Thanks, although I knew the power already as I have been driving for about 2 months with this setup, the confirmation of the power resulted in a solid grin.
Boost isn't going to tell the full story, only if you would compare it in a like for like setup, but to give some idea it is a little above 20 psi.

Do you change to larger intercoolers for the twin screw package?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:45 PM

Avos -
I know I am the millionth and 1 to ask, I did backtrack and see that the 2003 STR kit is still awaiting finals, so I wont ask yet about the price.

However I do have this question.

Who has done your transmission work, and what have you improved in the transmission to handle the increase in power.

Specs on the STR tranny for 2003 is 408 horsepower, and the motor is 390 / 400 at the crank ?

I ordered a Quaffe helical diff for the rear end, but I haven't a clue about who to go for transmission work, considering all of the integration with the rest of the cars systems

any points would be great, I live in northern CA, but I can drive to AZ for the right shop

Thanks

Joe

Old 01-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonestranger
Do you change to larger intercoolers for the twin screw package?
No, the 2 intercoolers are already big enough for the task.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by joe moargan
Avos -
I know I am the millionth and 1 to ask, I did backtrack and see that the 2003 STR kit is still awaiting finals, so I wont ask yet about the price.

However I do have this question.

Who has done your transmission work, and what have you improved in the transmission to handle the increase in power.

Specs on the STR tranny for 2003 is 408 horsepower, and the motor is 390 / 400 at the crank ?

I ordered a Quaffe helical diff for the rear end, but I haven't a clue about who to go for transmission work, considering all of the integration with the rest of the cars systems

any points would be great, I live in northern CA, but I can drive to AZ for the right shop

Thanks

Joe
Its not in my hands for the moment, but there is some progress, and I expect to know more in the next 2 weeks.

I have the MB transmission, so different to the ZF one.

The stock 6HP26 is already a very strong one, its capable of handing sustained 600nm, so is also able to have higher short peak loads.

There are a couple of TS kits running with the 6HP26, and so far there have not been any issues reported on this one.

In the US you have the 6R80 version (should be similar to the 6HP26), and here you can buy stronger clutches (just an example, I have no experience with this):
EXEDY Automatics | 6R80 - 6HP26 Ultimate Performance

Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Budget then buy.

Avos Please send me pricing on kits for my 2000 xkr coupe. I need to join the 200 mph club before its too late!

Thank you
Jonathan

Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Twin Screw Kit

No, the 2 intercoolers are already big enough for the task.

After I posted the question, I believe the answer occurred to me, Namely, since the twin screw blower is more efficient, it would probable generate less heat - hence no need to upgrade intercoolers. Correct?

Old 01-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonestranger
After I posted the question, I believe the answer occurred to me, Namely, since the twin screw blower is more efficient, it would probable generate less heat - hence no need to upgrade intercoolers. Correct?
Yes I read in many places that twin screw superchargers generate a lot less heat than Rootes type.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any update or ETA on a twin screw kit for the STR?

Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cpears
any update or ETA on a twin screw kit for the STR?
Its very ready ;-)

I need to decide now in the coming weeks to either do 1 more car myself (there are already 2 running around), or release it for others.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

What size throttlebody did you manage to fit to those STR's?

How much boost are these STR's running?

Old 02-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

I use the stock throttle body, but then bored out to about 82.5mm

Boost level depends on the upper pulley used.

The car running now is with a 3" one and measured about 16 psi.

That is a bit lower than I expected, but this measurement was done when the stock airbox was on which is restrictive, It is intended to run with a larger cone filter and I had delivered that also with the car as that will allow easier breathing and will result in a slightly higher pressure. The owner is going to make some shields so it gets cold air and then will let me know the actual pressure.

He will also get a 2.8” or 2.75” pulley, which will bring the pressure around 20 psi, and then will do some dyno tests with that.

You can go to about 2.5", and next then go even further if you like with a larger lower pulley, but I would not advise to go that far in boost level.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CDA filter

I use the stock throttle body, but then bored out to about 82.5mm

Boost level depends on the upper pulley used.

The car running now is with a 3" one and measured about 16 psi.

That is a bit lower than I expected, but this measurement was done when the stock airbox was on which is restrictive, It is intended to run with a larger cone filter and I had delivered that also with the car as that will allow easier breathing and will result in a slightly higher pressure. The owner is going to make some shields so it gets cold air and then will let me know the actual pressure.

Have you had any experience with the carbon dynamics cda filter system? I had it with a replacement intake pipe and piped to the front of the car for cold air, but had repeated problems with lean mixture causing the engine management to go into semi-limp mode. In the end i went back to standard intake and filter but it occurs to me that it must be pulling in a lot more air to cause such issues and therefore worth a bit of perseverance.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its very ready ;-)

I need to decide now in the coming weeks to either do 1 more car myself (there are already 2 running around), or release it for others.

You can do mine!

Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Its very ready ;-)

Release the beast

Old 03-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TWRXJR
Have you had any experience with the carbon dynamics cda filter system? I had it with a replacement intake pipe and piped to the front of the car for cold air, but had repeated problems with lean mixture causing the engine management to go into semi-limp mode. In the end i went back to standard intake and filter but it occurs to me that it must be pulling in a lot more air to cause such issues and therefore worth a bit of perseverance.
No experience, but it has nothing to do with more air coming in! The lean mixtures have more to do with either false readings (i.e. putting a stock MAF unit in a non-stock pipe) or a leak somewhere.

If you still have stock Eaton than the CDA unit might be ok, but for a TS equipped car I have my doubts if it flows enough air. There I have my own measured recommendations.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amoeba
You can do mine!
When can you bring your car? I may take you up on that ;-)

Old 03-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Reezy322
Release the beast
I want to wait at least for one more dyno run from one of the cars already having the setup, which hopefully will be done in 2 or so.

That will be the decisive moment for me.

Quick Reply: FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)