PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

Used X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Used X-Type

Premium gas, and you should get the best warranty you can get. The front drive system can be problematic and very expensive.
I picked up a used 04 and am having some front drive issues, didn't get a warranty either, NOT GOOD. Check out my post on the
transfer case problems. (loud growling sound). Oh,and,I love the car too.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: corfrancai

Dear All,
I just fell in love with an X -Type!! Before I buy, is there anything I need to know about used Jaguarreliability, parts availability, and Dealer service? I drove a Certified 2006 and it was love at first sight. Is it worth the extra cost to buy the Certified over a cheaper non-certified?
I got my X-Type certified pre-owned and the warranty is worth every penny.. I have only used it for a few items so far but I am glad I have it. I love my x-type and in this snowy weather we are having in the northeast it drives perfectly.

I say go for it, you wont regret it..

Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GET THE WARRANTY. You'll need it! Whether it's the air vents being replaced, the AWD system howling, issues with the air bag sensors, power window motors going out, wheel issues, diff issues, squeaky sterring wheel bushings changed....you'll NEED the warranty.