PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

WTB 2002 XJR supercharger lid (says V8 on it)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 279 Likes on 194 Posts
Default WTB 2002 XJR supercharger lid (says V8 on it)

Getting rid of my water injection that was plumbed into the super charger lid. Now I want to buy one without holes drilled in it.

This is the part that sits on top of the supercharger (says V8 on it) I think any 98-2003 will work??

please email me directly at nicefishtanks@gmail.com

Thank you

Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Hey, what happened? Was expecting some dyno tests as your here enthusiastically mentioning, what has changed your mind to get rid of this setup?

Just saw this post as well, maybe you could swap?
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-access-91286/

Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 279 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
Hey, what happened? Was expecting some dyno tests as your here enthusiastically mentioning, what has changed your mind to get rid of this setup?

Just saw this post as well, maybe you could swap?
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-access-91286/
Lonnng story. The car needs to be smogged and here in California they will NOT smog it if ANYTHING is not stock under the hood, no matter how clean it runs out the pipe. This includes MAF, intake tube, stock injectors, etc, etc. Unfortunately if they can see any mods, it will not pass visual...

So I am putting the car visually back to stock for now. They can't tell the TB and other parts have been bored larger, ported and polished.

The other loong part of the story was I was waiting for "someone" to deliver parts which has never happened...so having been super busy with a work project, my XJR has been sitting for the last few months 1/2 taken apart waiting for heads that never have arrived. So I'm giving up on the heads, putting the car back to stockish looks to pass smog, then get back to it when I have some time. My idea to make it easy to have lots of extra power that is easily removed is to simply install a nitrous kit with a progressive controller. this is easily removed when needed to smog. I did not anticipate that smog was such a hassle. When I was working on Mustangs there were lots of mods that were CARB California smog legal, not so with the Jag.

For now I'll just be another one of those who had big dreams to modify the XJR that never got realized, and scale down my expectations to things I can easily remove for smog inspection, etc. So basically I will become another boring poster here...The car will be capable of whatever HP figure (600+, high 11 second 1/4 mile, etc) I want to jet the nitrous for, but boring (yawn) to post about.

Also, I am considering trading up to a hopped up lotus as a fun car....2000 lbs with 400 hp....

Last edited by WaterDragon; 03-08-2013 at 10:46 AM.