PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

WTB - Wire Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB - Wire Wheels

I have a 1997 XJ6 Vanden Plas and am interested in finding a set of wire wheels for it.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

WHYYoull kill the ride from vibration and they DO NOT like curbs, or potholes. much much less than standards wheels. plus the leak air with time and have to be resealed. back when this was common on Jaguars will told opeople this upfront and that we would not guarantee no vibration after balancing. Oh did I mention theyre much heavier than stock costing you mileage, increased braking distance and poorer acceleration??
There now that thats out of the way you can at least make an informed decision and not say no one warned you

Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Default But they are so pretty!

I guess its just the battle between form & function, they may ride horrible & be maintance hogs but they add that certain "Je ne sais quoi"(I don't know what) to a jaguar. Much like my desire to just own a jaguar to see what they are like, wire wheels are just an experience I want to try out. So maybe there is a jaguar owner out there who is tired of "experiencing" them and would be up for a trade.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

Check out Welsh Enterprises or Dayton Wire Wheels. Welsh sometimes has used wire wheel sets available and Dayton is for new stuff.

My last experience with wire wheels was on an E Type back in the day. No other wheel was or is suitable for an E Type but they were a pain in the butt across the board. You will be pleased with how wires look on your XJ but I suspect that's where it ends.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 PM

I think a buddy of mine has a set on a car he is about to send to the scrapyard.. i will inquire about it for you in the morning and get back to you.. they are located in Ottawa canada.. if he has them I am sure i can get them from him dirt cheap...(they will need a good cleaning but from what i remember they are in fairly good shape.
He was asking for 450 for the whole car...so he better not ask too much for the rims..lol there is a brand new spare in the trunk to never used

Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Default Wire Wheels

Certainly let me know what you find out. What year & model is the car? Also here is a picture of the wheels I am looking for.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails WTB - Wire Wheels-wires.jpg  
Old 05-08-2010, 08:49 AM

I feel like crap even mentioning i knew of those wheels.. i spoke to him 5 min ago when i read your post and he crushed the car on thursday.. the only thing is maybe the scrapyard may have pulled the wheels off the car before crushing it and may be able to get my hands on them.. and yes they were the same wheels.. i will call the scrapyard monday for you and see if i can locate the whels.. keep your fingers crossed.. if they still have them i will get a receipt from them and you can pay what they want for them and shipping and maybe 10 bucks for my gas to go out there and pick em up...? dubuc_p@hotmail.com is my email.. I will be in touch...
Patrick