PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB[MidAtlantic]: XJR/XKR Harmonic Balancer (Crank Pulley)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016 | 06:46 PM
|
Veteran Member
Default XJR/XKR Harmonic Balancer (Crank Pulley)

Hey guys,

Looking to get a good condition XJR or XKR harmonic balancer/crank pulley. Need one off a x308 or x100 (4.0 S/C V8), not looking to have to swap the front cover out to fit a 4.2 pulley.

It should be identifiable from the accessory pulley being 7 ribbed, where the pulleys off a 4.2 will have a 6-rib belt on the accessory pulley. Also, on the 4.0 crank pulley, the supercharger pulley will be solidly part of the pulley, while on the 4.2 the supercharger pulley will be on a rubber carrier just like the accessory pulley.

If you have a fresh bolt to throw in that would be nice too, as well as the o ring that fits in, but I'll probably just order those online. I've got a new collet.

Old 12-19-2016 | 07:05 PM
Veteran Member

Is a rebuild not cost competitive?

Otherwise, check with Dsnyder86 ... he might have one around.

Old 12-19-2016 | 09:14 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by plums
Is a rebuild not cost competitive?

Otherwise, check with Dsnyder86 ... he might have one around.
There was slight damage to the bore from the PO, and finally getting out for a test drive showed it was unusable under high load. I'll send him a PM though, thanks

Old 01-07-2017 | 03:32 PM

Are you still looking for a harmonic balancer? I may have the correct one for you.