PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

XJR6 for Sale Meriden, CT USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 04:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default XJR6 for Sale Meriden, CT USA

To Admins first: I didn't know if a for sale thread was allowed on here or not even if its my own personal car. Please just remove this thread if its not. I wanted to give anybody on this forum who might be after one of these here in the U.S.A. a chance first. I am not listing it anywhere else yet for at least a week. I have learned so much from all the shared knowledge in maintaining this Jaguar and others i have previously owned i thought this would be fair.

Hi All,
below is my 1996 Jaguar XJR6 I am listing for sale. Location is Connecticut U.S.A. City of Meriden.
Asking Price is $3,500
Current mileage 189,682 miles. I got this car when it had 139,000 miles on it.
Current major problem, lower coolant hose ( the Octopus hose) is leaking even after my 20 hours of labor replacing it by the book. I think it was defective or old shelf stock possibly. Anyway I don't fore see myself attempting that job again for at least 6 months minimum. That being said I believe cars like this should be used and driven as much as possible accept during New England winters.
Has the upgraded supercharger pully and belt from Powerhouse in the U.K. Has the upgraded Intercooler pump to go with it. Has Brakenetic brakes installed that are drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads all around, newly installed in the last 6 months. it got 2 new tires 4 months ago. has the Bilstein aftermarket shocks on it also. Oh yeah it also has the Andy bracket installed on the crankcase pickup sensor. Forget that was there, did that within the first month i had this car. Didn't even mention that in the Video of the walk around I just did I am linking below.
About the video. Audio is ok. My voice trails off a little here and there, sorry for that, i was actually a little choked up making this video.
here is the video on youtube.
(only works from the link for the first few hours, it goes public after so anybody can view it even if they don't have a Youtube account.)
As far as I know I am the second owner of this car. I bought this car from the original owner that purchased it new from the dealer when he lived in Chicago. He then relocated to Vermont and was living there when he sold it to me. In fact he had two XJR6. This one was his and the other one was his Wife's car.
Between this post and the you tube video i think I a have stated everything critical.
One last thing I will say about this car. This car is not my first time round with Jaguars. I actually grew up in the back seat of my dads 1973 Primrose yellow Xj12. I learned to turn wrenches with him on that car. My Jags of the past are 1996 Vandan Plas, 1998 xj8, and a X type. What I will say about this XJR6 is that this is one of the good ones, never had any electrical issues with this one unlike some of the others I have had so it probably wasn't built on a Monday or Friday. Hope somebody out there sees fit to save this car intact and not just for parts. But once its leaves me its future won't be for me to say anymore.
Cheers all. Enjoy the pictures and linked video. If any questions please just ask me.
Paul Fedorow
Jagy4321@yahoo.com

Asking Price reduced to $3,000
Its just an asking price.
Also if your capable of doing the work and want to fix it so you can drive it home lets talk about it, as long as i am around you could use the suspension lift in the garage and i would assist as a second set of hands that would make it easier and quicker to do the lower coolant hose change.

Last edited by sklimii; 07-08-2024 at 03:57 PM. Reason: merged posts