PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What car have you installed the kit on? I understand that ease and difficulty of mechanical tasks are subject to an individuals own ability. That being said, if a person knew how to let's say replace head and intake gaskets, change exhaust, air intake systems, etc., but does not know how to replace timing chains or remove an engine, how difficult do you think it is to install the kit?
I appreciate your feedback.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Avos,so one question I have to ask, is how much do you charge for the design and build of these supercharger units? I understand that you may not want reply publicly in this thread and I do not think that my pm is functional yet so we might to wait wait until my pm is functional.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

My normal mail address is in the very first post. about half way down.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Mag about Jag

I bought the suggested magazine that has the article about the twin screw Jag today.

Jaguar World Monthly May 2010

It cost $11.11 to have it sent to me in the United States. =)

Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Talking Electric

An alternative (more futuristic ) way to boost the power of my Jag might be found here.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Smile

Dyno update: Note this is with a loss calculation of 17%

Today I just wanted to check what a difference race fuel could make to verify if the engine would already start to retard due to knocks, and also test a higher boost.

As it was already much warmer than my last dyno tests where I was able with the same setup to get about 512 rwhp, I noted that already a slight drop in the almost vertical power line at the end. Some suggested that this could have been caused by my stock headers and stock exhaust, but seing these lines now, I don't think yet this is the case.

When I came in this afternoon, we did a quick dyno pull to get a base line, but that one was already much lower due to the extra heat soak it was under, so it only pulled 491 rwhp. We poured in the race fuel, and the next dyno (with similar heat), was 524 rwhp. So proven that the ECU was already pulling the ignition due to knocks, and this probably also happened already a little bit when I had the 512 rwhp pull a while back. Please note I am running a higher boost level that I don't recommend others to do, but someone has to try...

When I wanted to put a smaller pulley on, I noticed I had forgotten to take the smaller belt with me also, and unfortunately there was belt slip so we couldn’t do a run, so that was a bummer.

Looking now at the values, I am getting very tempted to think about upping the max rpm, there is just no stopping power here ;-)

The following 2 users liked this post by avos:
Jeff in Tucson (05-10-2012), Panthro (05-23-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,360 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Good work!

What rev range are you looking at going to? I know the NA engines and later SC engines rev higher so it's a good call, maybe up to 7k rpm?
Have you thought about bigger displacement for more power? I guess its expensive on these units though.

Nice to see race gas gives a real boost - what octane level? 105 av-gas I can get, but it's not nice stuff to store in the home garage!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Andre you may want to look into water methanol injection as a way to increase the octane & cool your intake temp. If you hook it up to the washer resevoir it is a straight forward installation with a built in level sensor. If you install a switch you only use it when needed. Just a thought.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Veteran Member

@SeanB,
First I want to enjoy the power for what it is now, and then I need to be assured in one way or another that the engine (rods) can take the extra load if I would go that road. I know the na version runs higher rpm, but I am not sure if I could do the same with the SC rods (I guess the weight of the piston in the SC cars is slightly heavier, so could generate more stress).

If the power would keep continuing like this to 6800 rpm it would peak at 575rwhp (almost 700 HP using the 17% drive train loss). Now as tempting that may sound, it will add so much more stresses to the engine; I may not go that far (maybe be only 300 rpm more, still a nice 550rwhp).

If you want to go even further than the current level I am at, it’s probably better to go for an engine enlargement, and also to strengthen the lower part of the engine where the crankshaft rests on, but this road is an expensive one. I have planned what to do though, but I just don’t have the budged for this.

I have used now the highest I could get for the test, which was 104 octane iirc, very expensive stuff, but a lower octane rate would probably also already do the trick.

@Jgaxkr
You are fully correct with the Methanol kit, and this as you say will allow for higher boost levels similar to what you can get with race fuel. It’s just that I don’t want to add a kit like that, I prefer to use only normal fuel. This race fuel was just used as a test to learn from, and I don’t intend on using it.

Another major advantage of the methanol kits is that it keeps your internals clean, so these kits have some good added value. I actually have one kit already at home (not installed yet), but that is for our diesel, as I want to clean the system as I can’t disable the EGR there.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts

Andre, I am really impressed with the work you have done on the TS - you must have the ultimate background in automotive engineering. Seems to me that Brutal is right, nothing offers a better bang for the $$$ than the TS, and all the other items for upgrading power seem trivial by comparison. I will PM you for pricing and availability very shortly, but could you pls comment on my situation...

I have a bone-stock 2005 STR, and have now fitted a qwiketz intake tube and K&N filter. Also have a Mina 1.7 lb pulley standing by, and was considering hi-flow cats and an ECU tune. All that fuss to get a 40-50 HP gain. What I'm really after is a 100 HP gain. Well, for starters, anyway...

So now I am thinking, forget the pulley, cats and the ECU tune and just go for the TS. Any problem with that line of thought? Can I pick up 100+ HP with OEM cats, and how will the ECU react to 18-20 psi of boost pressure without tuning?

Can't wait to see what you have to say!!

Robin

Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the kind words, but am just an enthusiast working from my shed ;-)

But I don't have a kit yet for the STR, so for now there isn't an option unfortunately. Even if I would finish a kit by this summer, it still would need to be tested for a while.

Although I can't prommise I can make a kit, If you can wait a couple of months it might be worth it...

A good 100 HP extra would certainly be feasible, but due to the tighter package of the STR I can't make it as good as for the XKR/XJR cars unfortunately, so can't yet guess how much more it can bring then 100HP.

There is a lot of room build into the ECU, a 150 extra HP with the KB is not a problem.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi avos
I have really enjoyed reading through this thread.
Originally Posted by avos
Another major advantage of the methanol kits is that it keeps your internals clean, so these kits have some good added value. I actually have one kit already at home (not installed yet), but that is for our diesel, as I want to clean the system as I can’t disable the EGR there.

Can you PM or email me any more info on the methanol kit (gains/installation/etc),and are you looking to make these for Jaguar TDVi owners over here in Europe?
I am running a remapped 2.7 TDVi and just had it Terradiesel'ed to clear the carbon deposits out.
P.S.
I am holidaying NE of Paris near the Belgium border for a week in July if its something affordable/practical for me might have a short time to "call round".

Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member

PM underway.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Nice cameo in this months Jaguar World magazine mate!

Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member

Had to google that one up ;-).

The reporter has also driven my car, and I hope that in the next months they will write some more.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Do you have a kit for the supercharged XF or have you looked into it at all?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

IIRC the kit he is currently testing (i.e. racing...ehhh, driving down the autoban "quickly") on the STR would probably fit on the 2009 XF Supercharged. Just the engineer in him making sure the i's are dotted & the t's are crossed before he's comfortable giving his o.k. on the configuration. If I'm wrong I hope he chimes in.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Am currently working on it with a fellow enthusiast helping out with the solidworks part. So far it looks promising but there are still some things here and there to solve before parts can be made.

As Panthro says, the 4.2 xfr is very similar to the Str and also the 4.2 xjr, so that will work out.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 279 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
Have no idea actually; it feels very fast though, probably somewhat XKR-S like. ¼ mile racing isn’t as popular on this side of the pond, so no tracks around. I have bought a Gtech measurement device, so all that is left now is some time to learn how to launch without too much wheel spin.
On this side of the pond we call those tyres "slicks"
With a good set of slicks and your limited slip diff, launching traction is no longer an issue.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Send me a set, and i'll try ;-)

Quick Reply: FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)