S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qwiketz intake elbow thread including pics and dyno charts

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Robinb
qwiketz, I'm a semi-literate newbie from Vancouver Two quick questions and I'll be ready to roll:

1.. Can I pay you with Paypal? I'd be glad to absorb any Paypal charges to ensure you're not out-of-pocket.

2.. I'm nervous about cutting a tube which is now out of stock at Jaguar. What problems would there be in returning to the original OEM setup?
Yes, I do have a paypal account which is how I'll be taking the money once we get to that point. I'm going to confirm fitiment and then I'll take payments once everything is ready to ship. I don't want to be in the position where I have the money and I'm waiting on the polishing guy or the welding guy, ect. and pissing off members(especially the out of the country guys).

About the tube. Our timing is bad. Jaguar is looking for a new supplier for that particullar tube. I order in with jag and they are going to keep it as an active order until it's fulfilled. I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm sure that eventually, the order will get filled. List on that part is $38 bucks or so.

About cutting the stock tube. In between the fittings, their is plastic tube that becomes brittle over time. If your stock part broke, the easiest fix wouild be to slide 1/2" hose from the auto part store over the two end fittings and then secure it down with hose clamps(assuming the hose portion developed a leak and you cut the hose portion out).

With this is in mind, if you ever wanted to go back to stock, you could do exactly this. You'll retain the oem fittings and have rubber hose that would probably last longer than the plastic anyway. That's my opinion on the matter. My plastic hose was pretty brittle and that's only with 55k on the odometer.

But like I said, I'm leaving my order open because I believe it will get filled, eventually... once it does then I'll let everyone know.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteveM
That fan in the dyno video is useless how they have it. It's supposed to blow at the front where the radiators are. I'm surprised a dyno shop would be so ignorant.
Yeah, I agree. I'm used to seeing big 36" fans pointing straight at the radiator and intercooler radiator, but it's a little tougher with the raised dyno. I could have complained but I didn't since I wasn't really concerned about max dyno figures. I just wanted things to stay consistent.

We ran the car twice with each configuration and then had a 15 minute cool down period while I made changes. The car wasn't too hot or heat soaked and there was a nice breeze going through the shop.

Now if I wanted to make max dyno numbers, there's a ton of tricks I could have asked for and done.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Paramount in bankrupcy

RobinP, A UK customer of Paramount gave me notice today that they're in "administration" (bankrupcy). You can order the K&N air filter from any auto parts store ($44).

Last edited by bfsgross; 04-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Due to a job transfer, I'm going to retact...

Last edited by Bacardi 151; 04-16-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks for the replies, guys - this is one sh*t-hot forum!!

qwiketz, count me in for an unpolished version - I'm happy to pay up-front but wait for all the parts to arrive before you ship. Can't take that long.

bfsgross, thanks for the info about Paramount. Now I know why their phone rings busy and my emails are being returned. Do Mina still supply 1.5lb pulleys?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

Robin, IMO the Mina 1.5 pulley is the way to go due to it being light weight aluminum that'll exert less stress on the blower's snout bearing. Don't worry, it won't slip. If you should then decide to pop on a 3 lb pulley, the Mina pulley will likely be destroyed by the puller.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 PM

Returned the car back to stock so that the fab guy has a sample. It took less than 5 minutes. I ran a 1/2" hose over the stock breather hose. It's a pretty tight fit; I'm not worried about and air leaking. I put hose clamps on it but they're probably overkill.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Good stuff here, congrats on getting the tube going and available for the guys. That confirms what I had suspected about the Stegi regear. Be interesting now to see what the ported housing dose on my car. I think the key is, backed up by doing it on other platforms, Is getting more CFM at a conservative boost level so your not pumping heat or getting more cfm and more boost and combating the heat.

I have got everything I can think of to beat the heat so we shall see. My rear trunk tank is fabed and ready to go in (cooling and nitrous stand alone fuel in one). It increasing the volume and cooling of sc circuit and adding the ability to ice it. Along with the KC should see some good drops in IAT.

I found an 11-12hp increase when I did my intake tube. Its very close to yours so I would expect at least that as gains. Mine was added to modded car so stock you may see more gains on stock boost?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Nice! The big question I have for you (qikcat) is how are you pumping the fluid through? Are you only relying on the stock i/c pump or are you having it pump into the trunk tank, then using another pump to push it back up to the front?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM

I will post the pics soon. It has a ruel 1000 sump style in tank pump and i am running an uprated Jonson cm90 (edit as I wrote 60) in the stock location. The fuel side has its own walbro 255 in tank and an aromotive fpr .

Last edited by qikcat; 04-17-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts

While we await news from qwiketz...

Posted by bfsgross:
IMO the Mina 1.5 pulley is the way to go due to it being light weight aluminum that'll exert less stress on the blower's snout bearing. Don't worry, it won't slip.
It was a real pleasure dealing with Chris at Mina - just a mention of your name and this Forum was all it took for the price to drop from $320 to $175. It's on its way.

Last edited by Robinb; 04-18-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 760 Posts

Am not sure the CM30 pump is better than the stock hella pump, as you need to compare flow rates at a certain head.

Best alternative is the Bosch intercooler pump (0 392 022 002), it flows about 15% more than stock at the same pressure. It’s too long ago that I did some testing but iirc the pressure/head of the full intercooler system was about 0.2 bar, the CM30 only flows 20ltr/min and the Bosch 25Ltr/min. So extending also the piping only adds to the head, and the advantage of the Bosch pump becomes even greater.

Edit: Sorry, commented on your sig where it says CM30, don't know the CM60 you reffer to, or is it the CM90?

Last edited by avos; 04-17-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:20 AM

I made it a bit confusing with a mistype. I have the CM30 in now, my stock pump was pretty weak I think some trash had gone through it at some time because it was gritty. I had a CM30 local so I picked one up and threw it in.

I have a CM90 for the new setup waiting to instal. Its quite a bit larger then the 30 and the stock pump so its going to need some work to get it into the system in the stock location. The Mercedes guys (e55) use this setup with the rear tank and have a lot of luck with it.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 760 Posts

The CM90 is a beast, and will be more than enough for sure. You could even consider to slow down the flow to reduce noise and power usage for this one.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm ready to buy whenever you are ready to sell. I will get non-polished as I will probably wrap in heat deflector (I know it uglies up the engine bay oh well haha)

Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member

Who's going to look under the hood but yourself...wrap her in heat deflector.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Norri
I now need to take a shower....

Now... How much was that supercharger kit I saw for the Hemi????????

My wife would shoot me the first time she rode in my car if it suddenly made a sound like that....

Qwiketz.... NICE!

I really need to find a XJR....

Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM

Hey Guys!

Well I'm back from Vegas and the pipes are off at the fab shop being cut and welded. I have the connectors. The only thing I'm waiting on are the t bolts to arrive.

At this point, I feel ready to take orders if you're interested in one. I will be shipping the US orders out as early as Wednesday and I will probably ship the international orders later in the week or early the following week.

My paypal info is russriggs@yahoo.com . When you send the paypal, make sure you put your screen name and a contact number if possible. For all international orders, pm me your address first so that I can figure out the shipping. Since I'm including shipping on the US orders, $15 of the price will apply toward shipping on the international orders. If you guys would like to give me a call about the install process or any questions, my number is 714-404-8410. Just remember I'm on the west coast, so no early calls!

Finally, I'm going to try to take some photos and writeup the install procedure and list some tips. The install is very simple but I want to highlight a couple areas to watch such as the t bolt placement on the intake plenum.

So far it seems like most guys don't want theirs polished, so that will actually speed things up and knock that step out of the process.

Thanks for the interest and if you know anyone that wants one....

Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I now need to take a shower....

Now... How much was that supercharger kit I saw for the Hemi????????

My wife would shoot me the first time she rode in my car if it suddenly made a sound like that....

Qwiketz.... NICE!

I really need to find a XJR....
Seriously! I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces next time I take it to the drags!

Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 AM

btw, the $50 offer still stands for the first two dyno's to this thread. I will mail a $50 check to the first two guys that dyno and toss the #'s on here.

Quick Reply: Qwiketz intake elbow thread including pics and dyno charts