Stiegemeier Snake Bite kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry Stiegemeier Snake Bite kit

I'm making a new thread for this message so that it will get attention right
away because there have been so many questions about the kit. There
was some question about what was included in the kit. I maintained that
Bob was supposed to fully port the blower, plenum and throttle body.
Some thought it was only the blower.

Well, I began digging through my e-mails from Stiegemeier and guess what
I found ? Here is a direct e-mail from him to me regarding the work
included with the Snake Bite kit. I sent it back to him today to see what
his comment would be and will let you know.

(quote)
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 9:52 AM
To: ttwotees@att.net
Subject: Re: 2004 Jaguar S type R

Snake Bite includes full porting of the supercharger, plenum and throttlebody along with a complete front drive rebuild and our patented internal overdrive that will give you 50% more boost with your stock pulley's. Give us a call and ask for Bob for more information.

Thank you,
Stiegemeier Porting
636-949-2275

This tells it all. I have a recorded telephone message left for me from Bob
where he tells me that the $1,295.00 for the Snake Bite kit only includes
porting the blower and working the Throttle Body is considerably more
expensive. I'd like to know what's up with that ? For those of you planning
on sending your blower in for the Snake Bite kit, get your facts straight
before sending it in. I hope Bob can give a reasonable explanation because
I feel like I'm getting the run around

Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you called and discussed this with him? Remind him that you are a forum member here and that many of us are waiting with anticipation for the answer. Why should we go snakebite instead of Eurotoys?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Nice. Listen, there are a lot of us here who are confused. Could you please tell us exactly what you will do and for how much? What kind of increase do you expect to see? What is the best combination in order to get the best power? A lot of information is always better than not enough. Your answer is detailed but a little confusing....

Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

@Stiegemeyer,

Wouldn't mind helping at all, but living abroad makes it somewhat hard.

There is one thing though, and that is you do NOT need to be worried about the A/F ratio. This is already very rich in stock condition, and the ECU will enriching (+retarding the ignition) due to the extra boost/heat the faster spinning blower will produce.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Eurotoys sends them out to PSE to get ported/polished

Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

so subscribing and drowling over true answers.....Ready to pull the blower off now

Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

PSE? Who the heck is PSE?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

A bit of topic imho : http://www.pse.us/Products/Jaguar-S-...-2003-2007.htm

This is not my thread, but personaly would like to see that it stays focused on the experience with ttwotees and on how Stiegemeyer is responding/i.e. trying to learn from our cars to help in estimating possible gains.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by dynobob
Mr. Trekell, (Truman) was initially interested in the Snake Bite blower which he was told to send in his TB and PL and Blower to port and match all components, the plenum was enlarged to his specs also the Tb was checked for port match to the plenum. I like to see all the pieces to make sure fitment is correct. There maybe some power in the TB, BUT until we can test the High boost blower and data log fuel supply for correct A/F ratio, there is NO reason to get ahead of ourselves- Truman says he can not add fuel so I have to improve air flow and performance to a 12.0 A/F and NO MORE. I initially thought Truman was going to work with us not against us-
If there is a qualified Jag technician out there that would like to see the potential of this High blower kit and can manage data log and tune- Call.
Thank You
Stiegemeier
I would be up for it Bob, except that Im in Texas and have a XJ not a Stype R.
I do have a shop I work closely with that has an all wheel drive dyno dynamics dyno and can graph afrs and power. Again its just all logistics.
And I would totally agree with this statement on port matching. If the match is good theres no reason to touch it, unless to hit it with a cartidge roll to make it "look" uniformly finished. Probobly just needed a little clarification on that for everyone.
I could do datatlogs on someones STR with IDS and download to a flashdrive...But this is time away from work and my many projects....
But am avail for hire, reasonably
Hey and thanks for coming on and addressing, not many companies do, says alot...

Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow, Bob's gettin' her done on other cars, besides Mustangs! Makes sense!

To anyone concerned about Bob or his work, Stiegemeier does some awesome work...They ported a blower setup for my '04 Cobra a few years back (when the Stage 4 was a new design) and it made incredible power...550hp/560tq for inquiring minds.

OP, did you follow the emails instructions and call Bob for more details? With performance companies like Stiegemeier, their research and development changes constantly. If he found more power in the port work of the blower, then more power to him! ...and you, I guess LOL

Don't get all caught up with one design because guys like Bob are always trying to crank out better designs all the time.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Default Response to Bob Stiegemeier's post

Bob, all you had to do was admit that you made a mistake when your
quotation said that you included the blower, plenum, and throttle body in
the quotation you e-mailed me, so when I tried to inquire about it, both
you and Robyn jumped my butt ranting and raving about how I didn't know
anything and you only included the blower in the price you quoted. I tried
to ask reasonable questions, but all either of you did was talk over me
with your diatribe. If you're not willing to work through this, then I have to
say, your don't run a very customer friendly shop. I never accused you of
lying, but you still have not explained why you quoted the work for the
price and then didn't do it. You don't expect customers to know as much
as you do............Do You? I think we should be able to ask about work
done and pricing you quote without you jumping to conclusions that I
was trying to put something over on you or ask you to do work that you
did not include.

How can you say you did work to my specs? I never had any specs!! You
did all the spec making and now you try to come on the forum and make
me look like I've somehow failed in our dealings. You certainly didn't have
to wait to get paid and now this is the kind of welcome treatment I
receive. Take a good look at the quotation you made, shown earlier in this
thread.

It's time you called me and apoligized and tell Robyn not to be calling
paying customers sons of bitches, pains in your asses, and lunatics.

How can you qualify a customer as a lunatic, etc. if he asks why you
didn't do the work you quoted and were charging for. You need to get this
issue straight between us.

I was hoping to work WITH you too, but if I can't ask reasonable
questions and have a civil converstion with you, I don't see how we
can do that. I told you I was going to write a piece on this project

Can you call me and conduct a civil discussion ? Maybe we can work this
out to everyone's satisfaction. I don't want to be at odds with you or
anyone else and my reputation is above reproach (I'm not implying that
yours is not)

I swear that this is a true and accurate representation of the discussions
we had on the telephone today, July 28, 2010

Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Have you called and discussed this with him? Remind him that you are a forum member here and that many of us are waiting with anticipation for the answer. Why should we go snakebite instead of Eurotoys?
Yes I did try to discuss it with him, but he went into a rant and then left the phone
to his assistant, Robyn who proceeded to tell me what a pain in their asses I am and
that I was a lunatic. Do I sound like a lunatic ?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Nice. Listen, there are a lot of us here who are confused. Could you please tell us exactly what you will do and for how much? What kind of increase do you expect to see? What is the best combination in order to get the best power? A lot of information is always better than not enough. Your answer is detailed but a little confusing....
Good question Enthusiast. I asked the same questions and also came away confused.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by avos
A bit of topic imho : http://www.pse.us/Products/Jaguar-S-...-2003-2007.htm

This is not my thread, but personaly would like to see that it stays focused on the experience with ttwotees and on how Stiegemeyer is responding/i.e. trying to learn from our cars to help in estimating possible gains.
I have asked him to reply in a civil manner. I told him I was going to get some Dyno
pulls on Saturday and am willing to post the information. I was very willing to work
with Bob, but I can't abide being called names just becasue I ask business questions.
You saw the quotation post and I have the recorded message saying the quoted TB
and Plenum are not included in the $1,295.00 so how should I respond to that ?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

ttwotees, prior to your experience I misunderstood the "Snake Bite" to be just the blower port/polish/re-gear. I didn't know it included the intake. Though I'm a doctor (an expert in trial testimony) not a lawyer, after viewing your post revealing the actual quotation of work and fees provided by Stiegmeyier (spelling?) plus the content and demeanure of Bob's rebuttal, I've developed a strong opinion that you were absolutely wronged by Bob (Stiegemeyier). I too strongly feel he and Robyn are compelled to step up to provide you and this good forum an apology for their brash handling of your concerns and his coming to this forum without the appropriate precurser prior to his entrance: "Quotation and/or transcript" of his dealings with you, the customer...a willing, respectable, and "PAY UP FRONT" customer. You undeniably provided Bob's quotation and phone transcript which ran counter-current to his assertation to all forum members. In my world (health field), the appropriate and accepted response was for Bob to personally address you in writing and (unlike you) quote this address along side his rebuttal to this forum. Without these proper instrument(s) of diplomacy in place prior to his address to this forum; Bob stepped out of line. To me it appeared as if he had "Hatchet In Hand", looking only to vindicate himself whilst leaving a respectable and admired forum member laying in the mud. In my humble opinion, ttwotees stepped up "For all of us". We sat at the edge of our seats as he pulled the trigger on a blower uninstall/install with great expense of time and money. He soley bore the consequences of something that we all may someday enjoy without the benefits of prior testing on an STR. In closing: Though others here including myself admire and desire Stiegmeyier's work, it's my opinion that we must not lose sight of the dignity we all deserve along with an allegiance to each other. Forum members have offered their services to provide Bob with assistance in developing a "Snake Bite" germane to the STR. Though I'm appreciative of their assistance to Bob and excited of the prospects, however...I personally feel their is an important and unfinished business we must first bring to closure....

Last edited by bfsgross; 07-29-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Do any of you guys remember the thread that was posted everywhere on the Internet about a guy who took his Mustang to some garage in Arizona? It was amazing. It was everywhere and the shop really took a beating. Could have been easily resolved with a little honesty and some people stepping up.

Not saying that the same thing will happen here but wouldn't it be nice if both parties spoke and resolved the problem quickly with both parties satisfied?

My two cents.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
ttwotees, prior to your experience I misunderstood the "Snake Bite" to be just the blower port/polish/re-gear. I didn't know it included the intake. Though I'm a doctor (an expert in trial testimony) not a lawyer, after viewing your post revealing the actual quotation of work and fees provided by Stiegmeyier (spelling?) plus the content and demeanure of Bob's rebuttal, I've developed a strong opinion that you were absolutely wronged by Bob (Stiegemeyier). I too strongly feel he and Robyn are compelled to step up to provide you and this good forum an apology for their brash handling of your concerns and his coming to this forum without the appropriate precurser prior to his entrance: "Quotation and/or transcript" of his dealings with you, the customer...a willing, respectable, and "PAY UP FRONT" customer. You undeniably provided Bob's quotation and phone transcript that ran counter-current to his assertation to all forum members. In my world (health field), the appropriate and accepted response was for Bob to personally address you in writing and (unlike you) quote this address along side his rebuttal to this forum. Without these proper instrument(s) of diplomacy in place prior to his address to this forum; Bob stepped out of line. To me it appeared as if he had "Hatchet In Hand", looking only to vindicate himself whilst leaving a respectable and admired forum member laying in the mud. In my humble opinion, ttwotees stepped up "For all of us". We sat at the edge of our seats as he pulled the trigger on a blower uninstall/install with great expense of time and money. He soley bore the consequences of something that we all may someday enjoy without the benefits of prior testing on an STR. In closing: Though others here including myself admire and desire Stiegmeyier's work, it's my opinion that we must not lose sight of the dignity we all desreve and the allegiance to each other. Forum members have offered their services to provide Bob with assistance in developing a "Snake Bite" germane to the STR. Though I'm appreciative of their assistance to Bob and excited of the prospects, I personally feel their is an important and unfinished business we must first bring to closure....
Thank you bfsgross and Enthusiast. I'm grateful for your thoughtful insight. I want to
offer my experiences to the Forum and I am forthright and honest. I have made
overtures to Dynobob Stiegemeier about my willingness to proceed if he is willing to
accept his (I want to call it) mistake or misspeak. I've asked him to call me both here
on the Forum and by return e-mail.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Is it necessary for him to do the extra work that he mistakenly added into the email? Their website seems to state that this is an extra cost option so I think that perhaps a simple apology and return to sanity might be the best way to go? I am not a big fan of doing work for free and I don't think that it would be fair for them to do the extra without compensation, non? Mistakes are made all the time and while their handling of it may not be acceptable, I believe that the aforementioned action may be adequate, non?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Hopefully they'll make sure future emails are consistent and clear.

Maybe they'd offer a reduction in the extra they would otherwise charge? Er, how much would the extra be anyway?

If they get this right, albeit with a shaky start, there are other forum members who are likely customers.

Quick Reply: Stiegemeier Snake Bite kit