S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Jaguar S Type 4.2L V8 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018 | 01:03 PM
|
Default 03 Jaguar S Type 4.2L V8 Issues

I have a 2003 Jaguar S-Type 4.2L V8 that has a few issues. The first is the catilytic converter is missing(could be causing the majority of the issues I don't know) The car idles rough and takes a few seconds to get to a normalish idle at just over 500rpm(unless the maf is unplugged when the car is cold, when it warms up it goes back to running the same) Whether the MAF is unplugged or not, the car cuts out at just under 3000 rpm, around 2800rpm to be exact. When I unplug the MAF and while it is idling, replug it back in, the car almost immedietely bogs out. The engine light is blinking and states "restricted performance". It has other errors too, but not so important to the runability to the engine like headlight being out, boot open(im assuming the trunk issue) etc. The car was in a rear end collision from the previous owner and I purchased it for 200 bucks. not a bad deal as long as i can get it running again.

Old 01-29-2018 | 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Michael, welcome to the forum.

Please follow forum protocol and head over to the "New Member" subdirectory and introduce yourself to the forum members. There are many benefits that comes along with being a full fledged member.

Secondly, please edit your signature with model year, engine size and anything else that you believe will be helpful for us to help you.

You truly need to get the codes read. You can stop by any big box auto parts store and get them read for free or purchase one for yourself, not very expensive at all. From the sounds of it, you might be relying on it an awful lot.

So, we need you to post codes first off.

Old 01-29-2018 | 05:09 PM

+1 joycesjag

The rear impact may have caused some of these issues as the REM ( Rear Electronic Module ) sits in right rear of vehicle, depending on the severity.

Is it Cat or Cats are missing? As in they were gutted out and refitted, or the catalytic converter assembly is completely missing on both sides or one?

Yep - definitely need to get the codes, see whats logged and go from there. You may want to investigate how bad this impact was, may have some broken wires, and possibly have caused some other issues. Any damage anywhere else?

Old 02-02-2018 | 10:10 AM
|

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
+1 joycesjag

The rear impact may have caused some of these issues as the REM ( Rear Electronic Module ) sits in right rear of vehicle, depending on the severity.

Is it Cat or Cats are missing? As in they were gutted out and refitted, or the catalytic converter assembly is completely missing on both sides or one?

Yep - definitely need to get the codes, see whats logged and go from there. You may want to investigate how bad this impact was, may have some broken wires, and possibly have caused some other issues. Any damage anywhere else?
The rear impact damage caused the back window to break out. However it seems minor damage though cause the bumper is cracked in several spots. It's not smashed in. No other damage elsewhere. I finally just got the car to orielys and here are the codes: P0300, P1313, P1314, P1316

Old 02-02-2018 | 10:10 AM
|

Originally Posted by Michael Nelson
The rear impact damage caused the back window to break out. However it seems minor damage though cause the bumper is cracked in several spots. It's not smashed in. No other damage elsewhere. I finally just got the car to orielys and here are the codes: P0300, P1313, P1314, P1316
only 1 cat is missing from my knowledge. The one on the passenger side is the missing one.

Old 02-02-2018 | 10:14 AM
|

Originally Posted by Michael Nelson
only 1 cat is missing from my knowledge. The one on the passenger side is the missing one.
Oh an P0305,P0306. Sorry was reading the paper from the parts store. It says cylinder 5 and 6 are misfiring, and cats are either damaged or missing.