Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 STR Psycho Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '05 STR Psycho Radio

Hello all,
I'm a new member here.. I have enjoyed my 2005 S-Type R for the last 4 years or so.. been a great car. I do have one gripe, though.. it's with the radio. My STR is equipped with the Alpine touch-screen sat nav, bluetooth, and integrated jaguar iPod interface. Every now and then, my Jag will "mute" the entire radio (AM/FM/CD/iPod/all settings) a few seconds after start up. So, the car will start.. I will get radio or iPod for a few minutes.. then everything goes blank. Sometimes the radio comes back a few minutes later.. sometimes it never comes back. I also can be driving down the road 30-45 min into my journey and the radio can blank out. Usually, restarting the car fixes the issue until the next occurance. On rare occasions I get digital sounding blips and zaps coming from the speakers as well.

I have noticed that my car says "Bluetooth not equipped" (or something to that effect) when I press the telephone button when this mysterious muting occurs. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this or to keep it form happening in the future?

Also, I get absolutely horrible AM reception... whereas my Mazda gets perfect reception.

Psycho radio! Thanks!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

My 06 did the same thing on occasion.
We had it to the dealer for this while under warranty.
There is a TSB that can fix the problem.
Look at the TSB's on here that pertain to your car and problem.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:21 PM

Ahh.. that's probably one of the TSB PDF documents I tried to view earlier after doing a search.. for some reason this forum asks me to re-log in.. (even though I'm logged in) to view the PDFs.. and when I do.. I still can't view the PDFs.. hah! I don't quite know what's going on. Maybe somebody can e-mail them to me? *hint hint*

Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx
Ahh.. that's probably one of the TSB PDF documents I tried to view earlier after doing a search.. for some reason this forum asks me to re-log in.. (even though I'm logged in) to view the PDFs.. and when I do.. I still can't view the PDFs.. hah! I don't quite know what's going on. Maybe somebody can e-mail them to me? *hint hint*
You need to get past the new member qualifying period.

Go back to the new member area and read the rules.
I would strongly suggest you post an introduction and some details.
Some of the mods have upgraded new members quickly who follow the procedures and do an introduction

Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 PM

But of course! I've just posted an intro. Thanks for the info on the TSB.. I am eagerly looking forward to the moment I can get my grubby paws on it.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Rip it all out gently and send it to me!!! Hahaha J/K welcome to the board but if you do decide to take out the factory stuff I'd be interested in the acm and bt modules good luck with the gremlin and keep us posted!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM

UPDATE:
This issue has been resolved!

This is what I did:
First, I reflashed my ACM module with Denison's latest "D2B" firmware.

http://www.dension.com/en/downloads?...o_one=Firmware

More information about the ACM can be found on a forum member's EXTREMELY helpful website here: http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth/acm.html

This did not solve my audio dropout problems, but it did allow me to use my iPhone 4 to search for music rather than seeing the annoying jaguar lock-out screen.

Next, I took out my old 2007 Navigation DVD in the trunk and put in a 2009/2010 Jaguar Navigation DVD into my system. When I did this, it updated the firmware of my audio system, climate control, navigation, etc. You could see my climate control system changing and on-screen values were blinking. All my settings were wiped in my radio, climate control, nav, etc.

I've been driving around for a week now without a single audio drop-out, popping, cracking, or any of the annoying digital audio static that I had before.

Those DVD Navigation updates do more than just update a map! Maybe that's why they charge $200!

Last edited by nixx; 12-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.