Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 in a 45

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 03:56 PM
|
Veteran Member
Default RE: 110 in a 45

OMG lol you guys are going to have a good laugh... This newspaper article came out 3 days after i got my ticket...[sm=gears.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=guilty.gif]

New Florida Fine for 50mph Over......

Old 10-09-2008 | 04:11 PM

Then you should be alright if this took affect after you got your ticket. Right?

Old 10-09-2008 | 04:51 PM
Veteran member

Good news, $250...you may not be so bad off after all.

Old 10-09-2008 | 05:08 PM
|
Veteran Member

Nope it took effect the first... [:@][:@] I'm just going to plead ignorance.. that should be a very hard thing to prove..

Old 10-09-2008 | 11:22 PM

Ah bro you'll be okay- I got pulled once for a nice little wrap sheet. "Excessive speeding, careless driving, wreckless driving, and aggressive driving through a turn." I believe he said he clocked me at 45.... sideways... Needless to say I think I only lost my lisence for a year. But I think he said he'd have hauled me away if I wasn't a minor.

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:41 AM

Wow, just read this. Makes me glad I there's 3 decent roadrace tracks within 1.5 hours of me and 3 more within a few hours so I don't have to drive like that on the street. The only good thing about living in Ken-nowhere Wisconsin...

Later,
Wally

Old 10-10-2008 | 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: whiteSTR

Aced a CLK55 AMG convertible today.. we started from a 40 roll going down a hill (he had his top down and I had my windows down) we honked it out and ran up to 125 and I pulled a half car on him, then we looked ahead and right in front of us was the good old Florida HIghway Patrol.. We both locked up our brakes, but the AMG was down to 50 before I was down to 75 I considered taking off, but there was a light a 1/4 mile ahead and the cop was already facing the right direction to chase me.. We both got clocked at 110mph.. I love how the radar always gives them these perfect round numbers???[:@] so I did not actually get a fine, but i have a mandatory court appearance for 65+ over. A ticket for 30mph over is $350 and theres not even a catagory for 65mph over.. So I'm thinking this is going to be a $1k speeding ticket.. Bunch of crap and now I have a full day of work ahead of me too..

sorry to hear about your troubles and ticket! if i was the cop i would have arrested you for that amount of brake dust! those are the rears too, imagine how bad the fronts are [] lol

Old 10-10-2008 | 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

hahahaha! Busted for neglect!

Old 10-10-2008 | 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

lol racer you drinking yet tonight? i just stumbled on your post from last weekend, i was gone to ATL... a weekend trip turned into a week long trip

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

Well i wouldn't say "drinking" but I am have a beer or two...or three.....lol cheers![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

One of these days i might tell you about my race with an AMG 65....lol

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

lol the 65 is deadly....if he can ever get traction lol ask ghostrider maybe he will do a comparison side by side of the XKR vs the 65 top gear style!

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:20 PM

racer,i remember when i came on the forums you had picks of custom headers on your x and looked sick but on another post you said you have a g8 now?

Old 12-17-2008 | 03:28 PM
|
Veteran Member

OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..... the result are in!!!

My attorney has informed me that by the 2nd of January the Miami-Dade County courthouse wants a $1,250 christmas present from me and has invited me to a driving school party to congratulate me for the driving award I received a few months ago..

Sounds like fun right??

Old 12-17-2008 | 04:23 PM

Sounds like you should get rid of your signature at the bottom of your posts. All those mods...... are getting the best of you. Treat the judge to a latte from starbucks. And a donut from dunkin donuts. They will fall hands over feet for the christmas oriented sprinkles!!

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:39 PM
Veteran member

It is better to give than to receive, keep that in mind. thanks for the update!

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Too bad the court doesn't log on here and see your responses to getting a ticket like that. I've seen people do less and get worse and be remorseful for the decision they made.

Most people that make mistakes are remorseful and you could care less. If I got a ticket like that when I was being stupid I'd at least say I was being an idiot and am sorry for doing it. Some day you may learn. You'll learn your lesson later on in life perhaps when you don't have a job appointed lawyer to fix your mistakes that you don't care about. The part that upsets me about this post is that you were doing a 125mph in a 45mph speed zone. Make a bigger mistake and that lawyer isn't going to be able to help you out of what you did. One day they'll look back on here and find what kind of a person you really are.

As Dennis said you are lucky nobody got into an accident/hurt.

I'm sick of people getting away with crap like this. [:@]

Ignorance is sad...

Try asking this kid whether speed kills?

Originally Posted by ocalamom [/align] I live in Ocala and this "accident" has touched many lives. Those that want to remember these 5 boys as "innocent" and those that want to make sure everyone knows that they did not have a clean record and are not as innocent as everyone would like to remember.

At the young age of 18, 19, and 20, not one of those boys had a clean driving record.

Josh Ammirato: 4 tickets in 2 years (one ticket 4 days ago)

James Hime: 4 tickets, including a criminal traffic misdemeanor.

Justin Dawe: 2 tickets

Isaac Rubin: 7 tickets, one criminal traffic misdemeanor 2 weeks ago, driving while license revoked.
[/align]
Notice anything interesting about the above? All ignorant and all died in the same car and same accident and their driving records sound similar to yours.

ORIGINAL:whiteSTR

HOOWWWW do you get in an accident speeding?? lol where do you people get this stercus from? do X-types miraculously crash at 110 miles per hour??
hahaha this is my post and I am placing a ban on all lame responses!! get a life

not you JagXV6 lol I would love to hear about your divorce.. this is for the guy above you
This is one of the most ignorant things Ive ever heard. I guess you'll have to ban my responsible (lame in your eyes) comment. I bet the reason you think in your mind that there is a speed limit is to pull you over and hassle you, isnt it?

I am placing a ban on all lame posts by ignorant people that could care less about everyone else. One day youll realize, the problem is that day will be too late. Im picturing the headline now.

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:37 AM
|
Veteran Member

Aquill I think its admirable of you to share your opinion, but I don't want you to think that I like or enjoy getting tickets, or that I drive like a as$hole, I really don't.. I see it like this: theres a time and a place for everything.. When I take risks I only do so when ONLY my life or well being is at risk.. You will never see me weaving through traffic during rush hour, and you will never see me doing over 100 with my girlfriend or mother in my car..

I have been fortunate enough to have never been injured or injured anyone in a car.. (knock on wood) I'm a very experienced driving, I have attended stunt driving school, racing school, drag racing school, etc. (hell I even know how to parallel park a car from 30mph) I definitely know there are people out there who have no right to be doing the reckless things they are doing, in the cars they are doing them in, at the experience level they are at.. BUT I have a few cars that handle extremely well at over 150mph and the only time I go that fast is late at night (like 2-5am) when road conditions permit.. I never drive like an *** though, I'm actually a very polite driver, I let people cut me off, merge in front of me, back up at stop lights so people can maneuver through traffic, etc.

The reason I make jokes about my ticket is because "I don't cry over spilled milk" it happen, it happened... oh well. I like to make light or upsetting situations by making jokes and such, but try not to take everything I say too seriously.. I wear a suit and go to lunch with people who have broom handles stuck up their asses every day, when I get home at night and go online I want to have fun and make jokes and turn that fake sheet off till the next morning..

Be easy, its the holidays, relax..[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 12-18-2008 | 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Nice reply...you get respect for that...I probably wouldn't have replied so nicely, so props for that.

IMO though irregardless of a hard day at work or not 110 in a 45 is a big deal. The speed limit is 45 for a reason. Chances are there are roads that intersect, schools nearby, businesses, houses or any other form of hazard. They don't just put 45 there to keep everyone going slow and catch people speeding.

I was fine reading the entire thread until the comment to Dennis who is one of this forums good guys. In all of the postings you've made on this thread none of them have been remorseful, sorry, care for the law. You aren't worried/weren't worried about what might happen because you have resources to pull you out of the situations you have put yourself in. Telling us that you have high performance cars and have taken every class under the sun tells me that you haven't learned much from them. Generally people that take these classes and do the whole racing thing take out all of this crap on the track in a responsible manner. They realize that why do it on the street when it surely isn't worth it. My mind would probably act different if you were racing on an expressway where the speed limit is 70mph and the chances of something happening is far less.

Perhaps my mind is altered because I'm in the process of becoming a LEO, I don't know but it bothers me. Imagine if someone pulled out in front of either of you and you killed a mom and her daughter...what would that feel like? All of the classes you have taken are under controlled environments, imagine a mom pulling out on a public roadway in a 45mph zone from a dead stop in front of you doing 125mph, doubt the class taught you how to react to this situation. Now add the fact that the mom wasn't paying enough attention to coming traffic and wasn't expecting you doing 125mph and pulled out in front of you.

Like I said I commend you not being an **** as it was probably shocking to see someone opposing your actions but seriously man, come on, think of what could have happened???
I'm not saying I haven't been an idiot before but it's generally on an expressway in which the biggest thing I have to worry about is a deer running out in front of me.

BTW I am relaxed...I'm a "domestic engineer" and have nothing better to do! LOL

Not to mention you can look back on any of my posts and I'm usually not someone that flames on people but I just had to on this one...