S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

169mph!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 169mph!!?

Since when does the XKR use the TVS blower?

power output would be alot higher, unless they were spinning it alot slower.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

@Sean B
Please read my previous answer, there I explain that the new XKR is using a new type Eaton blower called TVS, so NOT comparable. Next I have only seen in the videos a chasis dyno not an engine dyno, any engine hp shown is calculated, what calculation did they use? Maybe good if you post the dyno sheet with the parameters and conditions.
But now to your car, I assume you have a 4.0 engine, so having 450 rwhp with en ECU tune, pulleys and etc, is out of this world (and it is much more then the new XKR you have shown for sure), and as said I have never ever seen something like this (without very special updates of course, please remember this thread started with relative few mods to reach 500 bhp so more at least more than 400 rwhp).
Now please enlighten us here, what was in the ‘etc’, and please show the dyno graph, we can all learn here.
@shift-grind
It has been delivered with the new XKR as far as I know it. Jaguar is not out for just more power that would be the easiest part. They need to build a reliable engine, has low emissions, relatively low fuel consumption, low supercharger wine, and probably more. The engine does put out 20 bhp more. The new TVS design seems also a bit more efficient at higher rpms/pressures, so it is also easier to get out more power by changing pulley combos, but I have no direct experience with this type of blower.
Andre.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member

@Sean B
I see you have edited your post and have reduced the 450 rwhp to 400 rwhp.
Can you please let us see the dyno graph with the conditions this was done?
I also see you have changed the 'etc' in "induction big bore cats and exhaust", this still sounds not that many changes for about 90 rwhp more (usually I see about 310 rwhp for 4.0 cars). But if I would roughly count the costs of these mods, this could be between the 4000 and 5000 pounds with fitting or something (don't have acces to the website you mention now, so could be off)?
Andre.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member

@shift-grind
Just came across this link:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/10/d...tty-has-claws/

At least with the new 5.0 engine jaguar is going to TVS one. But I have a brochure from 2006, that clearly shows a TVS lobe design on the 2006 4.2 XKR, and someone from Eaton confirmed to me that the XKR had the TVS unit. I'll guess we know for sure when someone has a peek.

Andre.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: avos

@shift-grind
Just came across this link:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/10/d...tty-has-claws/

At least with the new 5.0 engine jaguar is going to TVS one. But I have a brochure from 2006, that clearly shows a TVS lobe design on the 2006 4.2 XKR, and someone from Eaton confirmed to me that the XKR had the TVS unit. I'll guess we know for sure when someone has a peek.

Andre.
TVS Blowers were not around for 2006 production vehicles, The first production car to use a TVS blower was the 2009 Zr1 corvette..they weren't even available to buy until either late 07 or 08. It seems the 2010 XKR may use it although it dont see any reference to it.(510hp, 90hp increase seems inline with advantage of a tvs blower)...perhaps the guy from eaton meant it was on the 2010 XKR?

From what ive seen from aftermarket TVS kits, a TVS1900 (slightly bigger then a 112, closest size) could move enough air to lift the heads off the 4.2dohc block

Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member

I think the new XKR was called a 2007 version in the US and went for sale somewhere ealry 2007. The picture I have from a Jaguar XKR brochure (dated from 2006) shows at least Jaguar had access pictures of a TVS unit. I Think I have spoken about mid 2007 withan Eaton engineer, which mentioned to me that Jaguar did use the new TVS design. Question remains then when did jaguar truly introduce it ;-).

Eaton isn't always saying anything, for exampleI couldn't find references for the M122, so it will be hard to tell to whom they have distributed the early TVS units. Here is a comment from Eatons web site dated 11 April 2007:

"The TVS supercharged TRD Aurion is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 that creates 320 horsepower. Harrop Engineering, a certified Eaton distributor, developed the complete supercharger package for the vehicle. The TRD Aurion is slated to go on sale in Australia later this year."end”

This would mean they must have had the TVS unit much earlier, as one has to test the car for a long period before one plans a production.

As Jaguar is clearly saying in the link I gave it is using the TVS I have no doubts that they at least use it for the 5.0 engine. It has happend before that Jaguar is introducing something early without mentioning/marketing, andfor a next model market it vey clearly as a specific improvement for the new one. But they might have skipped to use the TVS on the earlier4.2 XKR just to make the difference bigger with the 5.0 (speculating of course...).

Andre.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 113 Likes on 89 Posts

I have to agree with Avos...

If you visit PSE Superchargers - Your source for remanufactured original equipment superchargers they only offer porting on the Jaguar R models up to 2007.
That tells me that the 2008 and on Jaguar R models have the TVS Eaton.