S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 No Heat

I have a 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 with 81,000 miles. Nice car, runs great. I've had it for 3 years. But I have NO heat right now, and the temps are getting very cold.

I brought it to my mechanic, and he can't figure it out. He's baffled. First thing he did was he flushed the heater core. That did nothing. Then he changed the thermostat, again, nothing. Then he replaced several hoses. Nothing. Then he bled the system, because he thought there was too much air in the cooling system. Again, nothing. He's already put 2 days worth of work into it, and have spent $200 in parts.

This is very aggravating, because I still have NO heat. I see that this is a very common problem amongst S-Types, especially 2000's.

Any suggestions, tips, or anything would be VERY helpful. I drive to work every morning with 35 degree temperatures, freezing the entire time, and it's only going to get worse. I never thought in a million years my mechanic couldn't figure it out. I've been taking my cars to him for 15 years.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

If you see it's a common problem what have the other people done to fix it? It is talked about a lot on this list. A few minutes searching and you will find several things to try.
The good thing is it's most likely fixable and hopefully not too costly.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by tbird6
If you see it's a common problem what have the other people done to fix it? It is talked about a lot on this list. A few minutes searching and you will find several things to try.
The good thing is it's most likely fixable and hopefully not too costly.

That's the problem. The things that most people have done, my mechanic has already done, and it didn't work. Basically, right now, he's recommending replacing virtually everything that it COULD be, because he can't figure it out. He could end up replacing $100's of dollars worth of parts that are fine, which I don't want to do. This has already cost me $400 and I don't have a single drop of heat. If he goes step by step replacing parts, it could be a $1,000 job.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,560 Likes on 3,965 Posts

From what you've said - he hasn't.
You've only said he's done things that are NOT the usual ones, if you read the existing posts.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by JagV8
From what you've said - he hasn't.
You've only said he's done things that are NOT the usual ones, if you read the existing posts.
I don't understand why the 2 responses I've gotten to this thread have been arrogant. I'm looking for some help, not arrogant responses. If I want arrogance, I can walk into the Jaguar dealership.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

You've chosen to take it that way. It was just a statement reflecting what you have stated.

I wonder if, with 3 posts, you may not have thought enough.......

Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,400 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Read the many posts concerning the dual climate control valve (DCCV) and the climate control module (CCM). The DCCV usually fails, and if it is not caught and replaced in time, it can short out the CCM. Your vehicle is probably suffering from one or both of those failures. So take the time to do the reading, then speak with your mechanic about it. Your posts thus far do not indicate that either you or he is aware of this. That's not arrogance, we're simply trying to help you help yourself....

Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 PM

@Jon89 You gave a very good reply. Perhaps his searches reveal may answers and didn't point him to read about the DCCV. And by telling him to read about it is a very good suggestion.

@Jag V8 You do a very good job helping others but sometimes your answers to problem seem very vague.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Am I arrogant or are you LAZY?? That's the real question. Get off your fat butt and search this forum for the most common problem that has been talked to death and ALL the part numbers and source of parts explained.

But instead you want to whine. Boy that will fix it alright.

Very much the problem with US. You must have GREAT self-esteem though!!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Arrogant was poor choice of words and he's frustrated. However, telling him to search the forum on DCCV would have been better. BTW I'm in the same boat. No A/C in summer and now little or no heat. So i just use the seat warmer and heat my small butt and for other passenger to bad. LOL.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 6,361 Likes on 5,534 Posts

Keep calm guys, it's frustrating for the regulars to see the same questions asked time and again when they know the answer is only a search away, but maybe the new guy has been under his car for a few hours and is frustrated too and is just looking for some help.
Either way let's not start name calling and bad mouthing other members.

The following 2 users liked this post by Norri:
IvysMommy (12-21-2020), solidaxel (02-07-2020)
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagspeed
@Jon89 You gave a very good reply. Perhaps his searches reveal may answers and didn't point him to read about the DCCV. And by telling him to read about it is a very good suggestion.

@Jag V8 You do a very good job helping others but sometimes your answers to problem seem very vague.
You may be right but I tried Search with:
no heat
and the very first one for the S-Type was essentially his problem (no heat) cured by changing the DCCV (which was named as the DCCV).

The 2nd about the S-Type also refers to changing the valve to get heat.

How much more help does anyone need?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you had any luck? I have the same problem with my 2000 s-type 3.0. No heat. The tubes going into the cabin remain cold. The hose above the thermostat gets hot while the hoses below stay cool. Would you have some advice for me?

Old 12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 6,361 Likes on 5,534 Posts

Have you tried flushing the heater core?
Maybe there's no flow.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Default '00 stype 3.0 no heat

I've added coolant and the tubes did get hot and there was a little heat but not much. I did notice a leak under the overflow tank which will have to be tended to but after the problem is solved. Any suggestions, it's getting cold out and the heated seats aren't enough.

The following users liked this post:
IvysMommy (12-21-2020)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Try looking at this site DIY: Diagnose It Yourself - JaguarClimateControl.com it shows the DCCV, and other useful stuff that may help, if you carefully unplug the Dccv cables you should get heat as it should default to open if you still do not get heat then this may point to the valve being faulty

Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Default no heat in 2000 stype 3.0

Originally Posted by barney100golf
Try looking at this site DIY: Diagnose It Yourself - JaguarClimateControl.com it shows the DCCV, and other useful stuff that may help, if you carefully unplug the Dccv cables you should get heat as it should default to open if you still do not get heat then this may point to the valve being faulty
I will look into this. Is this for a 2000 stype 3.0? The fuse box in the engine compartment looks different and there is no #32. This number in the other box has nothing to do with heat.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Over time and various posts you get to know the people responding and direction with their responses. Like this original poster, in the beginning I would get upset when I would post and the response would be search for it. I would think "What the heck was that response, why don't you tell me where it is and then I don't have to search for it"....but then realized after a little while......"Oh I get it, the site is free and maybe I should do a little work for the reward".

I have learned that if Jagv8 just responds with a do a search, I then know it is somewhere on the site and at least know if I search I will find it. Would not tell me to search if it wasn't here.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Er, thanks - I think!

On any model, unplugging the DCCV electrical connector will make the DCCV go open - but only as far as your car's DCCV is able to go. If it's damaged it may hardly open or may be stuck open or anywhere in between. And the D means that applies to each half.

Sorry not always to be as helpful as people would like but I kinda hope you'll learn how stuff works and how to fix it. Like that stuff about teaching someone how to fish rather than just handing across a fish. DIY rather than get me to do it for you (not that I can).

Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
Er, thanks - I think!

On any model, unplugging the DCCV electrical connector will make the DCCV go open - but only as far as your car's DCCV is able to go. If it's damaged it may hardly open or may be stuck open or anywhere in between. And the D means that applies to each half.

Sorry not always to be as helpful as people would like but I kinda hope you'll learn how stuff works and how to fix it. Like that stuff about teaching someone how to fish rather than just handing across a fish. DIY rather than get me to do it for you (not that I can).
Daaaaaa That was a compliment.

You can be sometimes very straight about responses but as Norri said answering the same question a zillion times can get trying. Look at it as you are a good teacher encouraging your students to seek for themselves and they shall find.

The fish analogy sucked though. If fixing this freakin car was as easy as learning how to fish, I would be a fishing god.

Quick Reply: 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 No Heat