2001 jaguar s-type traction control light on and DSC failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 jaguar s-type traction control light on and DSC failure

2001 jag DSC faultcode and won't come out of park how do I fix it

Old 02-10-2021, 04:06 PM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Welcome to the forum, I've moved your post to the S Type section for a better response and deleted the others, multiple posts for the same problem are not allowed.
We usually like to see an intro in the new members area.
Have you checked your battery? that's the most likely cause of the fault messages.
Is the vehicle parked on a hill? That's a common cause for the early S Type's getting stuck in park.
Some more info on what led up to your problems would be useful.

The following users liked this post:
User 42324 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 04:10 PM

Will wrong battery with higher crank amp be problem
or wheel speed scencor traction control
Or brake sencor switch
I'm confused with why it says dsc on dash and shows light on for traction control and that having anything to do with a battery

Old 02-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Received 8,284 Likes on 4,999 Posts

You will need to read the DTCs from the module. (or guess at faults)

The module is already faulting a component or circuit. Ask the module.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:42 PM

Traction control light on and now won't leave park

Old 02-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Received 8,284 Likes on 4,999 Posts

I would scan ALL modules. Lots of things on the network and 'some one' is not happy.
Could just be a faulty brake switch?

Old 02-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default flashing traction control symbol

Originally Posted by 2ndjagowner
Will wrong battery with higher crank amp be problem
or wheel speed scencor traction control
Or brake sencor switch
I'm confused with why it says dsc on dash and shows light on for traction control and that having anything to do with a battery
For what it's worth I have had a flashing little wheel since I bought my 2000 S type five years ago. I have intermittently tried to find out what is causing the symbol to flash but it does not seem to have interfered with the general running of the car. I suspect the suspension is a little hard but I have never minded that. My major suspect is a wheel speed sensor but I haven't gone to the trouble of trying to find it. I used to get a DSC readout but that disappeared shortly after I began driving the car.
Never had a problem with the transmission locking in gear however. Wish I could be of more help.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,090 Likes on 1,477 Posts

Some more details would REALLY help, hint, hint...

Is this a daily driver with a new problem out of the blue? Is this a derelict vehicle found in a field, and you're trying to resurrect the poor thing? Something in between? We'd like to help, but a little history will go a long ways towards a successful fix.

For the shift lever stuck in P, please follow the troubleshooting instructions found here. The whole problem could be as simple as a bad switch for the brake pedal, who knows? The 5-speed found in the early models is also prone to jamming in Park if parked on an incline. Run through these steps before changing any parts:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...everse-229498/

For the traction control light, some of the following may be applicable. This problem is more common on 2003+ models, but a low battery can cause all sorts of strange issues. Make sure your battery is fully charged before digging too deeply elsewhere:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...attery-193787/

And then please come back and report what you've found, even if we were all in left field.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:36 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have also a 2001 S Type, wasn't in use for several years by my dad and now I'm repairing it. Two days ago I went to pick it up at the mechanic (because I have to buy through internet some parts) and got the same message of "DSC failure", parking brake and ABS lights On (even though the Praking brake is Down). I assume that all of this was caused by the damaged brake pads, some rust on the discs and the time that the car was without use.

The lights and the message comes on some times and others won't appear. more or less in two weeks i will be changing brake pads and reconditioning all of the discs. I will try to see if that problem is link to those things.

If your car was without use for a long time like mine (3 year, probably more) probably will be link to those thinks too.