Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003, 3.0, 90k "maintenance"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Great Job guys!

that's a month's work or more in my book!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by aholbro1
Great Job guys!

that's a month's work or more in my book!
You imagine all of us there in Ricks garage... We'd be like the Jaguar pit crew... 4 hours tops lol...

Either that or a bunch of alcoholics. (or both)

Take care,

George

Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
You imagine all of us there in Ricks garage... We'd be like the Jaguar pit crew... 4 hours tops lol...
Weren't you here??? That skype thingie is (was) cool!!!!

Originally Posted by androulakis
Either that or a bunch of alcoholics. (or both)
George you may be happy to know that I have possibly found a new beer, Amstel Light not so cheap..... I will save the cheap Busch Lights for when I feel the urge to binge.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

Great job, guys. Joel will probably never realize just how fortunate he was....

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Weren't you here??? That skype thingie is (was) cool!!!!

George you may be happy to know that I have possibly found a new beer, Amstel Light not so cheap..... I will save the cheap Busch Lights for when I feel the urge to binge.

This is absolutely WONDERFUL News!

I am quite the fan of Amstel Beer, it's very very popular in Greece. Basically the beer market over there is divided Between Amstel and Heineken, them being the Budweiser and Coors of Europe. I have NEVER seen however real non-light Amstel here in the States.

The skype thing was cool, but imagine more hands on deck. Btw whatever happened with your buddy's Bronco (i think) fuel pump??

Take care,

George

Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Yvon has decided to tear down the engine instead of working on resolving the fuel issue. I am going to help him out with the rebuild. I have got to get a picture of this beast for you! Beefed up and B E A T just the way a true off roader should be! Definetly isn't a Jeep Wrangler duo purpose!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna go back to Vance's place on Friday to get all my minor problems done too. Vance is gonna remove that light bulb from the front right of my car, I'm gonna remove all the paint stains with some degreaser, we're gonna clean up my front lights, Vance is gonna see why my brakes are squeaking and fix that, and see if anything can possibly be done about the reverse sensors (but that's no big deal). The only thing I'm a bit worried about is if my car still says it's not ready for emissions testing, I don't know what I'm gonna have to do. I'm gonna check on that later tonight. Vance, what did you also tell me to buy other than the purple power degreaser?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM

One more quick thing, and all of you should take advantage of this. The Elm Scanner has gone down to $38.95. Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PYBZJO and see. I just ordered mine last week, and I'm trying to get $10 back without having to return mine and order it again. I bought it when it still was $48.95. Vance, you should try to do this too.

The following users liked this post:
ndy4eva (07-11-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jcboulos
One more quick thing, and all of you should take advantage of this. The Elm Scanner has gone down to $38.95. Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PYBZJO and see. I just ordered mine last week, and I'm trying to get $10 back without having to return mine and order it again. I bought it when it still was $48.95. Vance, you should try to do this too.
I actually got mine before it went up the 10 dollars. LOL. I saw that after I ordered mine the very next day it went up. Thats crazy that it went down again.
I cant remember what else right now but if we need anything we can run out when you get here and pick it up. I was just at Wally World (Walmart) today and I cant believe I forgot to look for the gallon size jug of degreaser. I'll have to get some groceries before then so I'll make sure I remember this time.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 PM

I bought some degreaser already from autozone, they also sold the gallon as well and it was only $5.99, and I bought a 40 oz spray for $3.99 as well. Did you say we needed carpet cleaner and that brush for it as well?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Thats right the brush was a carpet brush dont need the cleaner that was for scrubbing the wheel wells to get the paint off. Since you are coming over you can just use mine.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is if my car still says it's not ready for emissions testing, I don't know what I'm gonna have to do.
If you already have a problem, don't disconnect the battery unless you're pretty certain the faults are fixed! You'll go back to no monitors set.

Any that aren't set, and any codes, are a hint as to what's upsetting the car.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Veteran Member

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is if my car still says it's not ready for emissions testing

I think it has something to do with the scanner itself, on Joyces Jag and my Cadillac I get that message as well. Maybe need the upgraded software?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member

I think it has something to do with the scanner itself, on Joyces Jag and my Cadillac I get that message as well. Maybe need the upgraded software?
You may of hit it. I did upgrade OBDWiz as a new update came out last week. You may of miss it. I believe it came out like last Thur or Fri. But then again it showed mine ready for emissions test. I think it was just not enough miles after resetting. It said all the sensors were ready except one and I know you have to drive at least 15+ miles before the sensors all tell the computer its ready. Its to stop the people here getting inspected from just resetting the battery and bringing it in so they can pass. It should say its good by this weekend.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

It was 38.95 when I told Rick to buy it when your car was having issues Joel. Then he mailed it to you to use, I guess you decided to buy your own? So it went up, then back down??

I need to get one of the real elm ones, I have an ebay knockoff and it won't play nice with obdwiz. I do have a copy of scanmaster ELM that it works fine with.

Take care,

George

Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM

yeah...I decided to buy my own, and I guess the price did go up and down, but actually I'm getting $10 refunded to my account without having to return it and buying it again. How much is it to upgrade the software?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

yeah...I decided to buy my own, and I guess the price did go up and down, but actually I'm getting $10 refunded to my account without having to return it and buying it again. How much is it to upgrade the software?
Good call on buying your own, it will make your life much easier. I think with the real elmscan tool updates are free for life.

Take care,

George

Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

To upgarde to the "professional software" is another $40.00, on sale for $34.95 limited time.

Open OBDwiz, click "about tab" (upper right), look to the center right of the screen, click "license" and then click "get my key" guides you right through it.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

To upgarde to the "professional software" is another $40.00, on sale for $34.95 limited time.

Open OBDwiz, click "about tab" (upper right), look to the center right of the screen, click "license" and then click "get my key" guides you right through it.

Is there difference between upgrading to the "professional" version, and getting the latest update / version of the regular software?? I was under impression that the updates are free.

Take care,

George

Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

The "professional" version is not a free update, it adds more functions and bells and whistles. There are free updates available though, I had downloaded one but I did not see any difference.

Quick Reply: 2003, 3.0, 90k "maintenance"