Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 S Type 3.0 Knock Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 S Type 3.0 Knock Sensor

Hello, I'm Organic and I ride a Jaguar S Type 2003 3.0 with 124k miles
I really like the car. A lot. I bought it used and when i got it, everything seemed fine for a few months until it started giving me issues. They were not big issues, i had to change a few radiator hoses, i changed both valve cover gaskets because one side seemed to drip small drips of oil. Then i noticed this knocking noise. It was very faint, and over a few weeks it was noticeable from inside the car with the windows up so it isn't that loud. This only happens when I have it in drive or reverse not in park idling. When I drive up to speed it gets a little faster but then goes away when i am at top speed. The rpm gauge goes unsteady only when driving, but intermittently. I have a bluetooth code reader and have taken it to get codes read at a few mechanics and received a code of p0328 High circuit knock sensor bank 1. So i changed bank two which is under the intake manifold in between the 2 valve covers by accident, then changed bank 1 which is right above the starter on the engine. The codes were cleared and nothing. Still same code and in "Restricted Performance." I do hear a vacuum leak coming from the IMT or intake manifold tuning valve? I think that is what its is, it is behind the intake manifold, two big sensors. I think one of the O-rings may need to be replaced. I just hope the Cat is repairable and nothing major.