S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 S Type Park Brake Fault-DSC not avail.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 S Type Park Brake Fault-DSC not avail.

I went out and got a new battery as per the Forum. I live in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and am therefore limited. Bought battery at Autozone. The one I bought says on battery: Ampares de arranque - Cranking Amps 935 and Ampares de frio or Cold amps 750. Car was okay for 2 days but it's right back saying: DSC not available, Park Brake Fault and Engine System Fault.
Seems okay on open road but today when I'd brake down for a stop light it will all start. I also left the car on while I ran back into my house yesterday and was in the house for 5 minutes and all of these messages came up again. And of course the car won't drive then. If I turn it off for 5 minutes it seems okay. But not today. I had to do this 5-6 times on a trip through town. Now what?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

There may be a drain (excessive current being drawn), perhaps even when supposedly off. Try charging the new battery for 12 hours.

If you can, see what current the battery takes initially and how it drops over the time. (Post the values if you like.)

Then see if all is OK at least when you reconnect the battery and start the car.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Default Park Brake Fault and now car has hot AC and floor board seems hot"

I'm getting the new battery charged as per instructions. The last couple of days the floor board area seems hot and warm-hot air coming out of AC vents. I just cranked the AC and had it on 62 degrees to see what would happen and it was nothing but hot air. It was working fine last week! And the floor board by my feet is very warm..

Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Default 2005 Stype 6Cyl. Park Brake Fault DSC not available.

I went and got the new battery but that didn't seem to work. The last 48 hours I've had to pull the car over on a regular basis, turn it off, sit for a minute and then start it back up. Right now the car is stuck in Safe Mode and won't move!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member

Post #2. Measure with key out and over at least 45mins.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Default 2005 Stype 6Cyl. Park Brake Fault DSC not available.

Mechanic came out and found the air filter caked with dirt. Got a new one. Car seems okay. Maybe the car just couldn't "breathe" properly? I mean the air filter was black! Next stop is to change the gas filter as well. We have air and gas filter problems where I live as it's dusty here.. Could the extremely dirty air filter have anything to do with car shutting down and all of these DSC and Brake fault lights coming on?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

I think not.

Suggests a terrible lack of maintenance, though.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

With what you found please don't stop now!!

I would change the P/S fluid, Transmission fluid and filter as well as the rear end fluid. You don't mention miles but from age alone you are over do for a good bit of maintenance.

Change the fuel filter like you said plus the cabin filter. If the air filter was that plugged really keep close tabs on how dirty it gets. You might have to change it every 6 months or so if it's as bad as you say??

Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Default Car Maintenance

Originally Posted by tbird6
With what you found please don't stop now!!

I would change the P/S fluid, Transmission fluid and filter as well as the rear end fluid. You don't mention miles but from age alone you are over do for a good bit of maintenance.

Change the fuel filter like you said plus the cabin filter. If the air filter was that plugged really keep close tabs on how dirty it gets. You might have to change it every 6 months or so if it's as bad as you say??
I live in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I'll need to translate this to the place that changes all of those things. (I thought the tranny's were sealed in this car?) Anyway, do these cars take a "special" type of tranny fluid? P/S fluid? Cabin Filter? Rear End fluid?... Or can this be bought at the Autozone we have here? Also, what is the rear end fluid and cabin filter? I don't know much about cars and will need to translate this info.. Also, is this size battery okay for this car: 850 CCA / 1000 CA and reserve of 120 min. I bought the closest one they had to the original but it's a bit smaller in amps. But found this one at another store.. Thank you!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant stand that DSC warning light spend nearly if not over 500 euros trying to get rid of it and now my engine seized before i got the answer. Changed brake lines,abs/speed sensor,rear bearings,copper hub whatever they are called.....have to say was disappointed. Love the Jaguar driving experience but the engineering is like monopoly sorry to say. Good luck mate will follow ur post

Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Do you have the handbook for your car? If not it's free on this site. It lists all the fluid types needed. Look up top at the sticky items.

Also spend some time on the forum to find the best stuff at the best prices. All your questions have been discussed in great detail before.

I am picky about what battery I use and I got the proper Bosch one.

Does yours have the correct vent and is it hooked up so the corrosive and explosive battery gases are vented outside the trunk and NOT inside the trunk?

I will only state that the sealed for life argument is easily answered by: Whose life? Change it if you plan to keep the car otherwise sell the car now.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM

I can't get a Bosch battery here in Cabo. So is this battery: 850 CCA / 1000 CA and reserve of 120 min sufficient? I will look on the forum to learn as to whether my battery is properly vented and if not, how to make sure that it is.. Thx!
Originally Posted by tbird6
Do you have the handbook for your car? If not it's free on this site. It lists all the fluid types needed. Look up top at the sticky items.

Also spend some time on the forum to find the best stuff at the best prices. All your questions have been discussed in great detail before.

I am picky about what battery I use and I got the proper Bosch one.

Does yours have the correct vent and is it hooked up so the corrosive and explosive battery gases are vented outside the trunk and NOT inside the trunk?

I will only state that the sealed for life argument is easily answered by: Whose life? Change it if you plan to keep the car otherwise sell the car now.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Hi Cabotom,
im sorry to hear of this nightmare problem you are experiencing with your Jag, i too as many other on the forum have experienced this "limp mode" and its a real pain in the buns, not to mention could be dangerous.
If a new battery doesnt help, look into cleaning your throttle body, and the TBPS. i have done so with great results. and most imprtantly, like another member mentioned, you should really do some preventative maintenance.. how many miles does your car have? maybe its time for a tune up just for good measure?

I would suggest replacing the stock air filter with a KnN air filter. its washable and could save you some money in the long run.

the P/S fluid for our car is actually ATF. I used Mobil1 synthetic ATF for mine. should be available at your local autozone.

and lastly, you might find some useful information in the link below,
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...e-88135/page4/

hope i helped, goodluck.!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Default Owners manual and etc

Appreciate the help. I am not computer savvy. Where are the "stickys" so I can get the owners manual? Again, I live in Mexico so I may have to order most of what I need online and have it sent through my shipping company. I do want to tune up the car, making sure I use the right spark plugs, oil, filters and etc.
Originally Posted by Cabotom
I can't get a Bosch battery here in Cabo. So is this battery: 850 CCA / 1000 CA and reserve of 120 min sufficient? I will look on the forum to learn as to whether my battery is properly vented and if not, how to make sure that it is.. Thx!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Default What the heck is a sticky? So I can find the owners manual!

I didn't grow up using a computer. Sorry. Also, I inherited this car. Sorry about my stupid questions but I know nothing about cars or computers and to make matters worse, I love but live in Mexico and most of what I need for this car is not here! The owners manual will be great as I'm looking to order everything online this week. But where and what is the "sticky"? I'm wanting to order a Gas and air filter, plugs and etc for a tune up. Oil is Castrol 5-30 according to the oil cap. That we have... It's not cold where I live.
Originally Posted by Cabotom

Old 03-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Just go to autozone, give them the year, make and model of your car, and tell them what you want.. theyll bring the proper parts to you. or just use Rockauto.com might be a little cheaper.