Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 S-type R Track Times

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Gotcha. I didn't know about the sub frame difference. I figured you could get 90% of the looks with a CVPI, and if you're building a track only drag car out of it, you'd be swapping the stock motor out regardless. It would be a shame to wreck one of the on the track... They were def cool cars. My brother has it's nemesis, a 96 Impala SS. Ironic how ford and chevy decided to release blacked out hot rodish versions of their respective cop cars the same year eh?

Take care,

George
If I get another one its mainly going to be for looks. I'd like to build one up just to be a nice show style car but I'd like it to have some go. Not a big drag racer so it will mainly be a nice weather cruiser. So I wont get too nasty with it. But this will be far in the future when they are probably going to start becoming classics. I always loved the Impalas also. Those things are beast. That video was at the Super Sport Heavyweight Shootout they have every year in Atlanta. Its mainly Marauders and Impalas. Impalas have been around longer so they have been built up more. I think there are some Impalas that go to it in the 8's. I believe the specs are you have to have a 4 door domestic weighing over 4000lbs rear wheel drive and I believe it has to be street legal. Its been a while since I've seen what the requirements are but thats pretty close.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
If I get another one its mainly going to be for looks. I'd like to build one up just to be a nice show style car but I'd like it to have some go. Not a big drag racer so it will mainly be a nice weather cruiser. So I wont get too nasty with it. But this will be far in the future when they are probably going to start becoming classics. I always loved the Impalas also. Those things are beast. That video was at the Super Sport Heavyweight Shootout they have every year in Atlanta. Its mainly Marauders and Impalas. Impalas have been around longer so they have been built up more. I think there are some Impalas that go to it in the 8's. I believe the specs are you have to have a 4 door domestic weighing over 4000lbs rear wheel drive and I believe it has to be street legal. Its been a while since I've seen what the requirements are but thats pretty close.
Yeah I hear you. That would be cool. Are they still holding their values like the Imps are? Impalas are 94-96. 94's were the most Caprice like inside. Column Shift and the Police issue digital dash. 95's and 96's are the ones everyone wants cause of the floor shifter, 3rd gen Camaro like cluster etc... What years were the Marauders?

Stock the Imps are dogs. Only thing they are good for is blowing around corners sideways or putting huge stereos into. The LT1 is weaksauce when in that heavy a car. I think my brothers ran a 14.9 or something when I ran it, but I'm fat and it was hot and I didn't even turn the A/C off.

Then again, I guess it's like the same situation with the Marauder, where pretty much any go fast parts and any Chevy drivetrain will pretty much bolt right in.

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Yeah I hear you. That would be cool. Are they still holding their values like the Imps are? Impalas are 94-96. 94's were the most Caprice like inside. Column Shift and the Police issue digital dash. 95's and 96's are the ones everyone wants cause of the floor shifter, 3rd gen Camaro like cluster etc... What years were the Marauders?

Stock the Imps are dogs. Only thing they are good for is blowing around corners sideways or putting huge stereos into. The LT1 is weaksauce when in that heavy a car. I think my brothers ran a 14.9 or something when I ran it, but I'm fat and it was hot and I didn't even turn the A/C off.

Then again, I guess it's like the same situation with the Marauder, where pretty much any go fast parts and any Chevy drivetrain will pretty much bolt right in.

Take care,

George
You are correct in that they are dogs from the factory. But just a tune really helps alot. The big problem is the shift schedule is opted for gas mileage so just getting your shift points redone really is like night and day. That was my first mod on mine. The guy I sold it too knocked about .8 sec off his ET just from the tune. So the shifting really helps. They only made the Marauder in 03-04, with production being haulted in mid 04 model year so the 04's are rarer. They only made 4 colors and the blue's were introduced towards the end of production so those are the rarest followed by the Red, then silver, and the most were black. There are only 2 trim styles either the 300A which was the first run or 300B, which had options (ie sunroof traction control interior color as long as it was black or flint and heated seats). All 300A's were black. But they were the only ones with full size spare dash clock not in the radio and map pockets built in the seat. They hold there value if they have no or low miles. A daily driven one is not going to get much. They are under 10000 for a pretty decent one. If you want a garage queened they can get up there. I've seen blue low mileaged ones getting 20k or more.
I hear you about being fat. My STR is probably slower then everyone elses cause it has to drag my fat a$$ around. LOL.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I so wish I still had the pics of the turbo Murauders we built. A nightmare of a project but they turned out so nice. I wonder where they are or what happend to them after the FBI sold them? Good times...good times.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by qikcat
I so wish I still had the pics of the turbo Murauders we built. A nightmare of a project but they turned out so nice. I wonder where they are or what happend to them after the FBI sold them? Good times...good times.
FBI owned turbo Marauders, I've seen a few Vortec S/C'd NJSP Pursuit cars but nothing out of a "speed shop" ? Do tell....

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM

No we built three of them for BMF (black Mafia Family) I assume they were seized along with all the other stuff when the RICO case came down on those guys. No idea what happen to them but I keep thinking they will show up at some point. I did see a GA 5.0 mustange chase cat back in the early 90s running a NOS bottle in the trunk!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

I know there actually is a Marauder turbo kit that was out a while ago. I know of 2 guys on the boards that had them. I think they were done by PTK. Cant remember but they were pretty nice. I know Georgia Highway Patrol used them a few years ago as high pursuit vehicles. I was driving through there when I had mine going to Florida and couldn't figure out why no one would pass me and I had a huge line of cars behind me then I saw 2 unmarked black Marauders sitting in the center of the highway exactly like mine so all the locals thought I was a cop cruising along on the highway. The Florida Highway patrol had alot of Marauders donated to them, it was over a 100. Here is a pic of a bunch of them lined up as you can see they made them pretty stealth. They were all modified also by a shop in Florida.

Here is a Florida one on duty.

Look out for these guys when driving around in Florida.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:35 PM

That's the nice thing about GA not marked means no ticket car must be clearly marked to issue traffic tickets.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

That's the nice thing about GA not marked means no ticket car must be clearly marked to issue traffic tickets.
Really? Never knew that. I did get tagged by a plane in GA before.

Florida Highway patrol has all the awesome cars. Back in the day they have the mustang 5.0s, then the Camaro SS.

Most unique would be my buddy that got tagged outside Orlando by an unmarked dodge minivan.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Yep ga code section states the car must be marked and goes into detail about the size placement and visablity of said markings. Now they can get you for a lot of things but not a traffic violation. Lots of rules to use if you learn the laws, like they must be visable for 1000' meaning no hiding in the woods, around a corner etc...

Yea we were the ones that started the pro turbo kit. It was a calaboration between us and PTK off the kit we built for those three cars. Not sure how the production kits came out but nice stuff and makes great power for the money if you build the bottom end and crank the boost up!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member

Yep ga code section states the car must be marked and goes into detail about the size placement and visablity of said markings. Now they can get you for a lot of things but not a traffic violation. Lots of rules to use if you learn the laws, like they must be visable for 1000' meaning no hiding in the woods, around a corner etc...

Yea we were the ones that started the pro turbo kit. It was a calaboration between us and PTK off the kit we built for those three cars. Not sure how the production kits came out but nice stuff and makes great power for the money if you build the bottom end and crank the boost up!

NY also has a directive that says all traffic stops must be with marked vehicles except for DWI (where unmarked cars can get involved).

I wish NJ was that accomodating, we have everything from unmarked CVPI's to Tahoes, chargers with 22's and stickers in the window, even cargo vans....

NJ has some pretty tough cars too here's a pic of their latest toys. I think they are stock though...

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails 2005 S-type R Track Times-2ac.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Vance580, Back to the cops with Marauder pic...Seems as if most of the troopers are cuffed with hands behind their back? Is this the famous but kinky CIC (Cops In Cuffs) ? I heard about them but thought they were disbanded due to unorthodox traffic stops with sexual undertones. It's true! The CIC's are alive and well! Yee ha!

Last edited by bfsgross; 05-20-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Vance580, Back to the cops with Marauder pic...Seems as if most of the troopers are cuffed with hands behind their back? Is this the famous but kinky CCMT (Cops in Cuffs Marauder Troop? I heard about them but thought they were disbanded due to unorthodox traffic stops with sexual undertones. It's true! The CCMT's are alive and well! Yee ha!
Where does one hear about such things, and is there a link LOL?

Take care,

George

Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Some more info on the FHP Marauders:

Performance wise, Bryan is impressed with his new Marauder. He says it accelerates a little better than the Crown Victoria, and rates it as good between 0 to 50 mph and great between 50 to 100 mph. He says that the car received computer chip upgrades that boosted its power to 365 hp, up from the original 302 hp. The chip also removes the top speed limiter. From the factory, the Marauder is speed limited to 108 mph. The car is supposed to top out at about 150 mph, but he thinks it could do more than that-not that he has had the chance to test it yet.

Here's the link to an article about them:

Stealth Traffic Enforcement Cars | Police Fleet Manager Magazine

Take care,

George

Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry George, The only surviving "link" to the CIC (Cops In Cuffs) lays buried within my head. LOL! Help! Get it out! Hey guys, look for my soon to be written thread on swapping in non CATS Bilstien struts/shocks. I love them, their perfect!

Last edited by bfsgross; 05-21-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys glad to see my thread thriving... been busy and had another day of shitty weather this past saturday, havent hit the track yet. Rain in the forecast allllll week this week AGAIN fml... Shooting for tomorrow night just in case the rain holds out!

Theres a local guy who hits our track that runs a black maruader still N/A with cams and a couple other bolt ons and a tune. With a tire i think he's gotten the car well into the 11's. He also has a blue marauder that he put a blower on and blew the car up. So he decided to junk the drivetrain (idiot) and chop the car up. Right now that chassis is done with a 25.2 cert cage all aluminum interior full tub with a narrowed ford 9" out back. Weld alumastars front + rear not sure on tire size, and hes throwing a blown BIG big block chevy in it and i believe he's going with a stout turbo400 trans with a brake... should be done mid season this year. I know him fairly well, him and i both go to the same shop in the area when we arent working on our own junk, and have been present at a few of the same track rental days, we run with the same general circle of car guys in the area.

Alot of work for one season huh? I still think its a shame to cut up that blue marauder though, it is a cool project however.

Also i dont think there is a clause on only being ticketed by a marked vehicle in NYS unless it is a dwi stop. Ive seen it quite often...I know a few of the local departments that have fully unmarked cars that make routine traffic stops. Also in NY cops hide evvvvvvverywhere..

Hopefully tomorrow night i can get to the track, Im expecting a low 13 second pass! Ill check back later.

cya guys

Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

Let us know soon after pass...better yet; catch it on video. Good luck, and remember to stay on her...the gas that is.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by zee oh sex

Hopefully tomorrow night i can get to the track, Im expecting a low 13 second pass! Ill check back later.

cya guys

Good luck! Best thing is not to punch it off the line, it will just roast the tires. Roll into it (ya it will hurt your 60' times) then give it the gas! Also, I didn't notice any difference from trying to shift it myself to letting the tranny shift (expect I bounced it off the limiter once).

Have fun and wait to see all the surprised faces and people wanting to know what it is after your run!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bfsgross If i can convince some buddies to head up as well Ill try to have someone catch it on video, best recording device i have is my iphone 4 however. Im not much into cameras. Someone else may have something better though...

thanks Michael Star, i decided just to leave it in sport mode and let it do its own thing. Ill be certain to feather it off the line and roll into it. Probably wont be THAT many shocked spectators, car scene around here is fairly well knowledgable.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Mine seams to run best on the road when I just run sport, trac off and leave it in d or 5th. Resetting the ecu might help but if it wont do it every time I don't do it. Funny mine hooks well on the street I would think it would hook great on a prepped track if all the guys with street tires don't rip the rubber off the start line. When running on street tires I try to get in the staging lanes behind a lot of back halved cars so I will get a good patch of rubber to line up in

Quick Reply: 2005 S-type R Track Times