S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Jaguar S Type No Communication with TCM.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2006 Jaguar S Type No Communication with TCM.

Hey guys I have a 2006 jaguar s type 3.0 v6 with the Zf6HP26 trans 71k miles on the vehicle. So to start off the Car shifts perfectly fine in all gears super smoothly even when I go trough park and neutral and everything super smooth but when I accelerate really hard petal to the metal the car with shift really hard almost like a bang but not every time I shift hard it takes a a couple minutes of hard acceleration. and then go straight into limp mode and Ahmad gearbox fault on dash and parking brake fault and car is going haywire then the car won’t start unless I unplug the MECHATRONIC connector and plug it back in I’ve tried to clean the connection with electronic cleaner and still comes back eventually car is in drivable but only under mild acceleration I don’t drive the car at all ethier now so I’m not sure would fair on a long drive I have a friend who has a really expensive scanner who scanned it and the only codes that showed was lost communication to TCM. The car went in for a trans oil change just had the fluid changed no filter or MECHATRONIC sleeve on as replaced at the time and the car started acting funny when I received it back they say it had nothing to do with what they did so I came to the forum a for any help I can get this has been a big pain thanks.

Old 04-16-2023, 07:41 AM
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Had a similar issue, i have a topic on this.
In my case it was the sleeve connector allowing oil to contaminate the plug after a few minutes if driving

Old 04-16-2023, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by elDariusVargas
Had a similar issue, i have a topic on this.
In my case it was the sleeve connector allowing oil to contaminate the plug after a few minutes if driving
Thanks through all my research I assumed it had to be that so I actually have a ZF brand sleeve in my garage and I also got a zf pan with a filter just been waiting to do them because I wanted to make sure that was even my issue thank you I will give you a update when I so the sleeve and is safe to spray electronic cleaner on the pins of mechatronic or should I just spray the connector?

Old 04-16-2023, 05:00 PM

Heres how i cleaned mine, tho most wont agree with my method.
after i replaced the sleeve with the Febi version (cheap and works fine still) i sprayed brake cleaner on the plugs, i blew it with air from my compressor, then i sprayed contact cleaner and then blew air again to remove excess. I only had the greasy contact cleaner.
If you have the dry one, i guess that one is good by itself. But always blow air to dry them. Be careful of condensation from cold air too.

Old 04-23-2023, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by elDariusVargas
Heres how i cleaned mine, tho most wont agree with my method.
after i replaced the sleeve with the Febi version (cheap and works fine still) i sprayed brake cleaner on the plugs, i blew it with air from my compressor, then i sprayed contact cleaner and then blew air again to remove excess. I only had the greasy contact cleaner.
If you have the dry one, i guess that one is good by itself. But always blow air to dry them. Be careful of condensation from cold air too.
just thought I’d give a update the new mechatronic sleeve solved my issues ive had zero issues since if anyone else has a problem similar to mine try that sleeve.

The following 3 users liked this post by Natejmoney:
elDariusVargas (04-23-2023), kr98664 (04-23-2023), S-Type Owner (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Natejmoney
just thought I’d give a update the new mechatronic sleeve solved my issues ive had zero issues since if anyone else has a problem similar to mine try that sleeve.
awesome! Im glad you did that first
before i did that i tested every single cable and two mechanics wanted me to pay for a new transmission on a 2003 car.... so yeah LOL