Old 07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2x Subwoofers and Amplifier

Anyone???

Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly it's cheaper for you to add an aftermarket navi unit into your car no matter which brand you go with. I prefer pioneer but to each his own. I'm not familiar with what happens when your in a different country though, as far as the navigation works. I'm not sure if you can just buy one on ebay and it has the correct maps or what.

Once you add that new navigation unit you won't have to worry about connections for the sub amp. The new aftermarket head unit will have rca's for connecting to the amp and the remote wire to turn the amp on. The only thing you'll need to do is run power from the battery (isn't it in the trunk/boot?) You'll also get better sound from an aftermarket head unit when it comes to rca's as well as control over the sub amp.

I think I read that you had the older s-type which uses a ford wiring harness. These are very inexpensive and can be purchased pretty much anywhere here in the states but I'm not too sure about your area. The install would be much easier compared to say a 2003 or newer s-type. If you need any other help let me know and I'll help, if I don't post on here PM me if you have questions.

As far as mounting the subs and amp to the deck lid it is possible but you will want to keep it light in weight. Personally I'd probably only put up to 10" subs on the deck lid. Get 2 boxes built into the 2 corners that are at the most rear part of the trunk/boot. Do you already have the pioneer amp and subs? If so which subs are they?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did this ever end up getting done? I think the person who started the the thread was looking at putting the subs in the top deck.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike E
Does your jag got a stock nav? if it does you can do it I got 2 12" alpine type R sub and a 1500 alpine amp is hook up to my stock deck "s-type R Nav" I cant remember whats the part is called but it got 2 wire on 1 side and 2 rca on the other side, you hook up the 2 wire to the stock sub amp were is going to your stock sub speaker when you do that you got to unhook the stock sub speaker and for the after market amp hook up the power wire from your battery and the ground wire find it somewhere in the trunk, the remote wire for the amp find it from the stock amp you'll need a light tester to find which one turn off and on when you turn the key over and that's it now you got some slap in the trunk
LOlz...any chance you still have those pics lying around of your setup considering how old this thread is?

Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stefan063
Can you tell me is it possible to put 2Custom Subwoofers 10"(Pioneer)and one Amplifier (Pioneer) on upper shelf in trunk from down side? And is it possible to get all of that conected to Stock Jaguar S-type radio??? And if it is how and to what connectors in trunk?

Regards
Stefan I am in the process of changing my factory speakers out and introducing 4 new speakers with amp and separate self amped sub. The thing that makes it all work is this little bad boy here:

Audiocontrol LC2i 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system at Crutchfield.com

This will eliminate your problems and allow you to use line level inputs and add the subs. Make sure you buy a sub with a built-in low pass filter and you should be set. You are better off amping all the speakers and subs i.e 4 channel amp for the door speakers and 2 channel amp for two subs. Plus check out the accubass capability because Jaguar head units do in fact reduce bass at higher volumes to protect the crappy stock speakers (in my case not alpine).

Good luck! Contact me if I can be of anymore service

The following users liked this post:
BossVinny (03-06-2013)