S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to purchase an 05 S-type R. Help please if anyone recognizes this car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase an 05 S-type R. Help please if anyone recognizes this car.

Hello everyone, big STR fan here,

I am about to purchase this car in a week, owner seams knowledgeable and helpful, but the problem is that seams like he only had it for 2 months. To me it looks like he is trying to flip it and make a little money out of it which is fine, unless he is trying to get rid of it cause it has a fatal flaw, but I don't want to end up with a lemon.

The car is about 600 miles away from me and I am going to go see it in person before paying full amount, but if any of you know this car in person can you please let me know of any knows serious problems.

I have ran a carfax and it is pretty good.

I did it see the previous listings of it in Florida on few several websites before he got a hold of it. Now it is in another state.

Thank you for any help.

Attached Thumbnails About to purchase an 05 S-type R. Help please if anyone recognizes this car.-img_8737.jpg  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Are we supposed to guess where the car is? You mentioned Florida, so I suppose it's somewhere in the US. Given the mountains, I'm guessing it's not there any more. I ran a Chrome search looking for the source of the pic but Google thinks the car is a 2008 Ford Focus.

VIN?

Link to ad?

Have you contacted a local mechanic dealer to inspect the car?

The following 2 users liked this post by Mikey:
Hyelifels (08-11-2016), Jumpin' Jag Flash (08-11-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a nice looking car. keep in mind these cars cost money to maintain.. I have the same year car 4.2 without the super charger and there are always things I'm looking at to replace. Depending on the price, maybe this is a good deal... I never bought mine to be a daily driver, so it all comes down to what you want the car for... I personally have just always liked the look of the car. The car you have here looks outstanding, and I would love to know how much they are asking and the miles on the car .

The following users liked this post:
Hyelifels (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the replies. I didn't buy it, seller didn't like that I asked too many questions about it I guess. Looks like someone else bought it.

Oh well, will find a better non-accident car.

It was for sale in Utah, listed on eBay.

If anyone has a really nice 03-04 STR in white preferably for sale, please let me know.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dlowings
It is a nice looking car. keep in mind these cars cost money to maintain.. I have the same year car 4.2 without the super charger and there are always things I'm looking at to replace. Depending on the price, maybe this is a good deal... I never bought mine to be a daily driver, so it all comes down to what you want the car for... I personally have just always liked the look of the car. The car you have here looks outstanding, and I would love to know how much they are asking and the miles on the car .
I am looking for one to replace my Lincoln LS possibly as a daily. I have a CL600 and an E30 for occasional use. I am used to needy cars and looking forward owning a STR. It is really hard to find a good one, especially local.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Hmmmmm, I would call you a traitor, but wait, our LS's are mostly jag guts anyhow. (Just not as good in some cases).

Btw - I am grizzlyls .

Old 08-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Oh, maybe go check with Bob Cutler in pasadena. He might have a line on what you want.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 160 Likes on 132 Posts

BTW, that really was a good looking Ford Focus!