S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/DSC easy fix! Try this, it worked for me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow ABS/DSC easy fix! Try this, it worked for me.

We've been getting some heavy snow here in Michigan lately. A few days ago, I got stuck in the snow as the plows had not been down my street yet. About a day later, I got an "ABS Fault" followed by a "DSC Not Available". This activated my MIL. I tried restarting the car, and the light went away until the next day, then the ABS and MIL remained on all of the time. When I first started moving each morning, the "DSC Not Available" would appear.

I figured that the fault was no longer intermittant, so I pulled the code. It was C1175--Left Rear Speed Sensor. I followed the JTIS diagnostic flow chart to the letter and could not determine the fault. The sensor was good, module and wire loom good, and the battery was also good. What the heck was throwing this code?

I searched the forum to see if anyone had a similar experience. Several people replaced the module and the light would go away. But I know that my module is not faulty. Then I read this.

Frustrated, I figured it was worth a shot. So, when I backed out to go to work, the ABS and MIL light were on. I put the car in drive and punched the gas so that the wheels would spin. To my suprise, I could hear and see that the DSC was working. By the time I got to the stop sign at the end of my street, the ABS light was off. Only the MIL remained on. After approximately one mile, the MIL turned off. It's been several days now and no lights have reappeared. It seems to have somehow reset itself.

I thought this was interesting and thought I would share it on the forum in case anyone else is having a similar problem. Try this before you start throwing parts at it. It seems to be a fairly common issue, and it doesn't cost anything to "test" the ABS/DSC function.(maybe a little rubber for those that don't have snowy roads)

Cheers.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Thanks for sharing the ABS/DSC fix. I'll likely just use it as an excuse to roast my tires. LOL! Cheers.