S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC issue/question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issue/question

So I have a 2000 s type 4.0 with ac issues. A few months ago I had a blown head gasket repair job done on my vehicle, new cylinder heads or both sides, new water pump, thermostat housing,are just a few parts that were replaced during that process.

This was during the winter, so my heat was working fine and the last time I checked so was the ac. Which brings me to now, ac is not working. I told the mechanic who did the head gasket job on my car that it was working before then, his response was "I don't know that because that's not what we were checking for"

I had my ac recharged, during this process my ac compressor didn't kick on so the guy (different guy) checked the fuse. Said it was blown and replaced it. He said it then kicked on. Ac worked good for a day. I checked the fuse, the fuse is fine. So i know it's maybe one of 2 things there's a leak somewhere or my a/c compressor is bad. My question is could my ac be faulty because of the mechanic possibly not reconnecting something right during the head gasket repair?

By the way the car runs GREAT and the engine sounds great. My only issue is the ac which is a big issue because it's hot as hell here right now!! lol

Last edited by Sogirlish; 07-19-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Likely the major top engine work disturbed the a/c system i.e. disturbed line seal and/or electrical connector. My mechanic evacuated the a/c prior to engine removal. I bet you will find Jaguar performs this prior to removing heads. Bug the mechanic till she's blowing cold and in the meantime search this forum for similar experience(s). She'll be alright.