Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air mostly coming out floor vents

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Air mostly coming out floor vents

Folks,

On our 2006 S-type 3.0, most of the air comes out the floor vents (in ac mode- which we've been using a lot!). This just started a couple of days ago. My wife says that when it first started doing this, she sometimes got proper air out of the dash vents but now most of the air comes out the floor vents regardless of mode. I have previously changed the DCCV and since then the AC, climate control, system has worked fine until now. Could this be a loose vacuum line? How are the doors/flaps for the vents controlled? vacuum motors or electric servo's? The engine runs good. Tomorrow I do more diagnostics and see what I can find. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Charlie

Old 09-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Default Update- Air Now Coming out Dash Vents!??

Folks,

This morning I went out early, to beat the heat here in Louisiana, to explore/work on the problem of the air only coming out the floor vents. Well I started the car and ran it for 2 minutes and the air now comes out the dash vents! So I drove it for 15 minutes, cycled the mode, from floor/def, to floor only, to floor/dash, to dash only modes and now all is working properly. What gives? I know it will act up again, so any thoughts? The car has 84,542 miles on it and of course it is a 2006.

Puzzled,

Old 09-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Default Air (mostly) coming out Floor Vents Again

Okay,

My wife drove the car this morning and it starting acting up again (air coming out full bore through floor vents and little anywhere else). When she came home I did some checking and sure enough, no matter what mode the vents are in, the floor vents get the bulk of the air from blower. It is summer here (90-95°F, 32-35°C) and we need A/C and we want it coming out the dash vents! The A/C works fine since changing out the DCCV and soldering the CCM board in June. While investigating I removed the glove box and floor vent distribution tubes to see what was going on, could not see or tell much. Well after 30 minutes the air started coming out the dash vents and floor vents, even when the mode selector was in dash vents only. After a few minutes it when back to mostly floor and then 10 more minutes later it is working properly with minimal air coming out the floor vents when in the mode for dash vents only. So definitely an intermittent thing. Any ideas? Is this the way (whatever part is affected) behaves before it dies? and what is this part?
Sorry for the long post, just trying to give more info.

Tailwinds from hot Louisiana,
Charlie