S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Beeping randomly Jaguar S 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012 | 06:00 AM
|
Default Alarm Beeping randomly Jaguar S 2007

Hi. Randomly, very loud beeps comming from under the bonnet (right side but my car is a left hand drive). (not the usual alarm comming from the horn). It lasts more or less 1 min then stops for +- 10 or 20 min or 1 second then starts again. The beeps don't stop if I open the doors with the remote or push any button of it, or put the key in or even if I start the engine and start driving. Continues to beep when I disconnect the battery, but a little fraction less loud ! then stops after 2 min and don't start again, as long as battery is diconnectet. When battery is connected again, it starts beeping again after some time (30 min to 3 to 5 hours). The main battery is a new one, fully charged. If somebody has an advice, thank you very much in advance as for the moment, the car is unusable because of these very loud beeps. Jaguar type S 2007 2.7D Model 2008.

Old 01-29-2012 | 11:38 AM
|

Originally Posted by RolandS
Hi. Randomly, very loud beeps comming from under the bonnet (right side but my car is a left hand drive). (not the usual alarm comming from the horn). It lasts more or less 1 min then stops for +- 10 or 20 min or 1 second then starts again. The beeps don't stop if I open the doors with the remote or push any button of it, or put the key in or even if I start the engine and start driving. Continues to beep when I disconnect the battery, but a little fraction less loud ! then stops after 2 min and don't start again, as long as battery is diconnectet. When battery is connected again, it starts beeping again after some time (30 min to 3 to 5 hours). The main battery is a new one, fully charged. If somebody has an advice, thank you very much in advance as for the moment, the car is unusable because of these very loud beeps. Jaguar type S 2007 2.7D Model 2008.
Hi. I reply to myself, therefore I'll have at least one answer. Moreover, this answer may be of some use to someone else.
I found this guide about "Removal of anti theft alarm/battery backup unit"
on a forum : Jaguar Forum.co.uk • View topic - Removal of anti theft alarm/battery backup unit
I was not able to follow this guide up ot the end, because my car is not exactely the same as the one in the guide. What I found and could be the faulty unit is a black box on which it is written : DELPHI 2R83-19G229-C0. I find on this link the same box : JAGUAR S-TYPE 2.7 D ALARM SOUNDER SOUND 2R83-19G229-AC | eBay
The alarm beeps do come from this box.

On my car, opening the doors sometimes stops this alarm (loud beeps, no horn), and sometimes not. And sometimes, even disconnecting the main battery does not stop these beeps, which make me think this unit has its own backup battery.
I have been able to reach the back of the Delphi alarm box, by lifting up the fuse box. Not possible to lift it up completely, as in the guide I mentioned previously, because on my model there is an additional loom that prevents this. I just had enough room to be able to disconnect the cable going to the Delphi box. Very hard to take the plug out of it. Did it with a plier. The Delphi box seems to be fixed with a tamper-proof bolt at its lower point for security reasons (?). The upper bolt is a normal one.
After disconnecting this Delphi box, I have no beeps any more and everything else seems to be ok, including the main alarm. By the way, I am not sure to fully understand the necessity of this Delphi Alarm. Probably a second level of security if somebody tries to disconnect the main alarm. But lifting the fuse box and cutting the Delphi cables with scissors can be done in less than 3 minutes, so it's not a very secure alarm and I won't take the pain to replace it or investigate further.

Old 01-29-2012 | 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

That's different.

I'll move you on over to the S Type section, so you don't need to talk to yourself.

You are a little bit lost in here.

Old 03-11-2012 | 08:25 AM

Hi Roland,

Could your secondary battery pack be down (life expectancy some 6 years)? Check this lad from the U.K.:

Jaguar Forum.co.uk • View topic - Removal of anti theft alarm/battery backup unit

Jaguar Forum.co.uk • View topic - Alarm/battery backup unit batteries exposed - with pics

Regards
Fritz

Old 03-11-2012 | 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the interesting links!!

My 2005 STR does not have this and it's never been mentioned on the US forum until now? Is this only on diesel cars or UK cars??

Old 03-11-2012 | 02:02 PM
|

Originally Posted by FritzTheJag
Hi Roland,

Could your secondary battery pack be down (life expectancy some 6 years)? Check this lad from the U.K.:

Jaguar Forum.co.uk • View topic - Removal of anti theft alarm/battery backup unit

Jaguar Forum.co.uk • View topic - Alarm/battery backup unit batteries exposed - with pics

Regards
Fritz
Hi Fritz,
Thanks very much for your links. I cut the electric wires going to this special alarm to get rid of the problem. No sides effects and main alarm still working perfectly. And of course by doing this, the problem is solved. I don't mind to live without this special alarm.
Roland

Old 03-11-2012 | 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Thanks for the interesting links!!

My 2005 STR does not have this and it's never been mentioned on the US forum until now? Is this only on diesel cars or UK cars??
They all have this I suspect. Certainly not just the diesel as I've seen various threads. Quite rare to go faulty, though.