S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AllData subscription for '02 S-type

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default AllData subscription for '02 S-type

How good are the pictures and information available through an AllData subscription for the S-type?

Are they just generic or are they really S-type specific?

Could you show me what they say for intake manifold removal and reinstall?

If they are car specific, I will probably purchase a subscription. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I very rarely service X and S Types, and am not too familiar with the 3.0 engine. I replaced plugs on a 3.0 X Type, and browsed the following information first which I found helpful. It is a blog entry published by Steve Hannes: he has been a contributor to this forum in the past as well as a participant in several others I browse. The link is provided without his permission, but his blog is a public one which appears on Google search so I don't think I'm opening any locked doors. Hope this helps you, it's all I got.

http://jagmotorproject.blogspot.com/...ing-plugs.html

Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,215 Posts

I have the subscrition for an 05 and many other vehicles...alldatadiy is worth the money. BUT you aslo can go to autozone.com join for free and get the procedure for free as well. I compare both before doing any procedures. They vary abit but very helpful.

As far as replacing what you specified its not a hard job at all. The most difficult thing is, there is a vacuum hose at the rear of the intake that I found was tricky to remove! You will need to get the (6) UPPER intake gaskets, replace the (2) IMT O-Rings as well and if your close to or over 100,000 miles replace the spark plugs.

Rick

May I ask why you are replacing the intake gaskets?

Last edited by joycesjag; 07-29-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
I have the subscrition for an 05 and many other vehicles...alldatadiy is worth the money. BUT you aslo can go to autozone.com join for free and get the procedure for free as well. I compare both before doing any procedures. They vary abit but very helpful.

As far as replacing what you specified its not a hard job at all. The most difficult thing is, there is a vacuum hose at the rear of the intake that I found was tricky to remove! You will need to get the (6) UPPER intake gaskets, replace the (2) IMT O-Rings as well and if your close to or over 100,000 miles replace the spark plugs.

Rick

May I ask why you are replacing the intake gaskets?
The car now has 91K on it. I am getting the P0420 error code. I am wondering if too much unburnt fuel is getting to the cat. So I want to check the plugs/coils. Not getting any misfire errors, but the car has a stutter every so often when the engine in warm.

It seems from reading that the P0420 can be a bad Cat or too much fuel, of even oil getting to the Cat. Since I have only had the car for about 14K miles, I am pretty certain the plugs are new. I am not certain how hard the previous owner drove the car. But I had to replace a transmission spring shortly after I cought it, so I assume the engine was taken full advantage of. The air filter looked like it had never been charged, as did the cabin filter. Both were solid black.

Also the fuel economy is getting worse. We are getting about 20-23 mpg now.

I do not have a Jag dealer within 80-90 miles of me. That is why I wondered if the gaskets from a Lincoln LS 3.0L might work... No one near seems to be able to source parts for the Jag 3.0L.

Rick. Thanks for any advice you might be able to give.